Regarding Counselors

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Carl

One of the hardest things to do is to find staff you can trust to do the right thing and to not only promote rules but follow the rules themselves.

We wanted to share with you guys what we expect out of our counselors and what little powers they have and some of the things they are NOT suppose to do.

Counselors are expected to log on few hours a day and answer pages, unstuck those who are stuck and help players with any questions they might have and that is IT. Now sometimes players have problems that counselors absolutely can not help with due to regarding someone with higher power to use a command to for example pick a chest up that dropped under their house.

Anytime a counselor does not know the answer to a question they are told to contact another staff member who can and to not give false information. This doesn't mean they are trying to lie sometimes it means they are just unsure but we prefer that they just don't reply and let someone who does know answer it.

We were giving counselors psuedoseer abilities which allowed them to control any npc in game because it can get a bit boring at times answering pages for counselors. So we tried being nice and giving them something fun to do.

The rules for Psuedo Seering as a counselor were as followed:
1. Never attack any players who don't attack you first.
2. Never attack players who are afk.
3. Don't go overboard. This means don't spend all day controlling creatures and trolling players or letting the creatures go in the middle of town or a dungeon.
4. Don't control creatures that players are already fighting ESPECIALLY bosses. Some bosses are capable of almost one shotting players.

All that being said the reason we are posting this is recently we had an issue with one of our counselors who did not like to follow rules.

Counselor David was recently let go for because of these action.

Below is a PM that was sent to us from players who were treated improperly by this former staff member which led to his removal of staff (and eventually the game completely. Click read more on the quote below to see the full PM.

We apologize to any player who suffered from this counselor in the same manner.

I was doing a RDA with my friends sometimes before 9AM (unsure of exact time) yesterday morning when Akroma and his friend came in to the same RDA. He started off his visit by killing a couple of our friends that were Murderers (fair enough). He then proceeds to running around spamming "huge noobs"; "you guys suck"; "i'm surrounds by bads"; etc - It was around this time we decided to kill him on our blues.

It wasn't 10 seconds before Counselor David poofs out going on about how were going to get banned.

svlhVo0.jpg

http://imgur.com/svlhVo0
JUGXEdX.jpg

http://imgur.com/JUGXEdX
Xc66Puq.jpg

http://imgur.com/Xc66Puq
crh0bkG.jpg

http://imgur.com/crh0bkG
mqoVaMv.jpg

http://imgur.com/mqoVaMv

After that, he came back another 3 times to get killed again calling us "bad at the game" and "huge noobs" trying to bait us into calling him names.

We were pretty convinced that he was the same person when he showed up near instantly after he had died with his threats of banning, and our suspicions were confirmed when we found the google cache of the Hiring Counselors thread.

gZAaQiJ.png

http://imgur.com/gZAaQiJ

We can't prove it but he was scouting on his Counselor David character to tell his friends were we were hidden in the dungeon and as they would run up we would get revealed "You have been revealed" popping up in the left of my screen, presumably he has 100 detect hidden on his Staff character - none of us died to this thankfully.

Thanks for your time.

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
Thanks for the clarification. Sucks you have to spend time on this but I read his lil goodbye thread and your account of the matter makes MUCH more sense.

Nihilism

Grandmaster
Unfortunate. But the reality of it is one never knows how one will perform on a professional OR mature level.

I'm glad Fubar and company showed their better quality with this situation.

And nice to see it was handled in the same manner.

Kiki

Grandmaster
Well handled by staff and well done @FUBAR as well. That's how complaints should be made if you want to be treated like an adult.

+1 all around.

TwistedSix

Journeyman
I appreciate a lot the time people contribute as staff, however I also had somewhat of a bad experience with a page. (Nothing extremely serious)

I had asked how much tailoring was required to start getting BODS and got an answer along these lines: "Not sure, around 60, but those BODs are useless anyway, I wouldn't bother getting them until 80 tailoring"

First of all you need 55.1 real skill which I figured out myself and second of all there is no need to give an opinion... I spent time training my char and perfectly capable of determining what is or isn't a waste of my time.

Either way, I'm sure they will learn, but some will definitely make unforgivable mistakes...

K A Z

Grandmaster
I appreciate a lot the time people contribute as staff, however I also had somewhat of a bad experience with a page. (Nothing extremely serious)

I had asked how much tailoring was required to start getting BODS and got an answer along these lines: "Not sure, around 60, but those BODs are useless anyway, I wouldn't bother getting them until 80 tailoring"

First of all you need 55.1 real skill which I figured out myself and second of all there is no need to give an opinion... I spent time training my char and perfectly capable of determining what is or isn't a waste of my time.

Either way, I'm sure they will learn, but some will definitely make unforgivable mistakes...

Sorry, but where isn't that a good advice? He actually HINTED at you that on UOF you cannot get ALL kinds of BODs if youre below 80 tailoring which isn't vanilla the way it is here. Some people really get hurt by literally everything..

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
They are guys playing a game just like us, not customer satisfaction reps or something.

Don't expect the same tone of interaction as when you call a bank or a hotel receptionist.

TwistedSix

Journeyman
Sorry, but where isn't that a good advice? He actually HINTED at you that on UOF you cannot get ALL kinds of BODs if youre below 80 tailoring which isn't vanilla the way it is here. Some people really get hurt by literally everything..
Are you serious? First of all I said it's nothing major and I didn't get offended by it. That being said others might.

The problem is exactly that: HINTED... If am employee dared to hint that you should not eat a Big Mac to some one overweight they would be fired the same day and earn McDonald's a large lawsuit.

Before you start bashing others KAZ, at least try and think about the paragraph under a different perspective.

Let me know if anything else is unclear.

K A Z

Grandmaster
Are you serious? First of all I said it's nothing major and I didn't get offended by it. That being said others might.

The problem is exactly that: HINTED... If am employee dared to hint that you should not eat a Big Mac to some one overweight they would be fired the same day and earn McDonald's a large lawsuit.

Before you start bashing others KAZ, at least try and think about the paragraph under a different perspective.

Let me know if anything else is unclear.

To me you make no sense at all. You asked him a question, he answered it the best he could (even tried to give you an advice because he most likely figured that you're a new player). So where's the problem about it? I don't get why you even mentioned it.. Anyways.

parsnip

Grandmaster
The transparency of action and zero-tolerance for counsellor asshatery is greatly appreciated. Well handled all around.

Status
Not open for further replies.