RDA's

Radar Mile

Master
WAY too difficult. If I "come across this while adventuring" I have to call in a gank squad just to kill one monster? Who is going to bother doing this besides huge guilds? Just one more thing to add to the inventories of people who farm champs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kiki

Grandmaster
You're joking right? Please say you're joking right now and that you didn't just flame a shit ton of work put in by people to create a game that you get to play for free if you choose to, just because there's no win button for you to solo a dungeon that wasn't mean to be soloed.

Please. Just say it.

Radar Mile

Master
Hard for a reason is one thing. Not being able to do any damage to any monsters with 5-6 people is another. Maybe make the monsters do double damage to tames and weaken 'em a bit. I have a tamer, but that doesn't mean I like to use him when I'm exploring new content. He's a farmer.

Babethoven

Grandmaster
do you not know how to comprehend whats been written?

obviously they want RDAs to be easier so we can flood the market with "rares" or should i say uncommons, i mean either get better at this game or find more friends to do the RDA with, they do have dungeons you can go hunt in that are easier, maybe RDAs just isnt for you?

obviously they want RDAs to be easier so we can flood the market with "rares" or should i say uncommons, i mean either get better at this game or find more friends to do the RDA with, they do have dungeons you can go hunt in that are easier, maybe RDAs just isnt for you?
I comprehend just fine. Take a read over what you have written and try to spot why you're a fucking joke.

Dewderonomy

Grandmaster
The whole point of the RDAs, as advertised originally, was to reward overland adventuring with a RANDOM encounter. If it requires someone to be decked out with a hunting party, it sorta' defeats the purpose. Rares or not, the RDAs (to many of us) was a chance at excitement, something neat to do other than the same dungeons after 15 years. Explore new dungeons, kill rare creatures. Get something cool out of it? Maybe, but that should be the reward for finding it and beating it, regardless of its difficulty.

Radar Mile

Master

The problem is that 5 players can't get anywhere in this "special dungeon" UNLESS they are tamers. These were supposed to be rare in that coming across them was uncommon and you had a limited amount of time to complete them. Not that they spawned right outside towns and were near-impossible for a small group of players working together to even kill one monster. At least from everything staff told us about them.

I would have particularly liked if the RDAs had a chance of having locked-off areas, accessible once someone with high level lockpicking has picked the lock on the door. I'm not saying it should be necessary to "complete" the RDA, but just an area with some extra loot/monsters.

More adventure, less of the same old grind through.

Radar Mile

Master
Something more typical to the modern isometric hack n' slash would be neat. Where it is beneficial to have a mix of specs. Instead of a group of provo/tamers.

Dewderonomy

Grandmaster
Something more typical to the modern isometric hack n' slash would be neat. Where it is beneficial to have a mix of specs. Instead of a group of provo/tamers.
I was really hoping this would be a nice mix of the instanced group crawl events (like the Deceit one) and actual in-game risk/reward with meaningful consequences and incentives.

besttherewas

Grandmaster
This is UO not WoW.

Tamers require invested time, as does finding a group and the RDA gate.

I heard elder scrolls is a great 1 player game.....

bane

Master
This is UO not WoW.

Tamers require invested time, as does finding a group and the RDA gate.

I heard elder scrolls is a great 1 player game.....

Seriously this argument is getting old. I have a 7x GM tamer and it took me 4 days to GM taming. Now those 4 days were boring as hell but I don't expect the entire game to be catered to me because I had to spend 4 days (~6 hours a day) at the keyboard gming it. This isn't old school OSI servers where it took you 3-6 months to GM taming.

Some of ideas in the PvM thread are good though. Such as having RDA's where pets and barding skills don't work at all and the monsters can be toned down so that normal mages and warriors can tackle them.

Lots of people enjoy PvM here. There is no reason why we can't have some diversity and make PvM open to more templates. Essentially every UO Freeshard PvM is relegated to bards and tamers largely soloing everything. It would be nice to have other templates to spice things up. Lets cater a few RDA's or heck even a new dungeon to the other 95% of combat skills for once. God forbid a classical warrior dexxer template (bring on the parry) get to be used for something in PvM.