RDAs are now untrackable Changes

BananaKill

Grandmaster
The "random" word in RDA is because there are 6 different ones and the one you get is random

It has nothing to do with tracking or spawning.

Just remove the wild spawn all together and put RDA frags on the dono server for 1k each.

Then we will have Paid Dungeon Adventures

StegcO

Grandmaster
RDA are basically a 30x30 to 200x200 secluded map, with only 1 tile acces from the classic map.

It is, obviously, a "split" of the community users, between users that track with 1,2 or 3 account 24/7 instead using that accounts to play with AND the rest of the community that daily play and fight in the same spots (champ/boss/arch/motm), spots where not only guilds but also random blues and random reds will meet, randomly or not.

Actually that RDA is no more trackble less of them will be done, but what's the problem? that it means more players around the world.

If RDA will spawn only by fragments will be perfect, so peoples buy frags then spawn the RDA then complete the RDA then return to play with all other users instead starting a UOSteam Macro on 3 AFK accounts.

About the "rda gem refound" like I read on discord I think is not a problem, all the werkt veterans have maxed out metapets/talismans + billions between banks and items.

EDIT City im so sorry I read you have setup for RDA, bad timing you probably needs to be refounded becouse you are one of the last hope of fun in this server. Stay strong guys.

MyTwoCents

Last edited:

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
What is with all the refunding? I'm sure whoever sold the books will be happy to refund the costs. Hah!! City jumped in on a get rich play, that's not going to work out, not all investments do. Sure the rules changed, but that's life, rules and laws change all the time. Same to those with gems, especially if you already made your money on them. I sympathize, it sucks, but figure out your next play.

@Young Star that was a great eye opening post for me. As someone who has only been here for 6 months, I didn't see the evolution. But after reading that why wouldn't a system that works for both work. When an RDA spawns, have it spawn 2, one in a standard area, call it one of 15 spots you can bounce through to check, and a random spot that some smaller guild may stumble on and have a ton of fun . Just a thought? Because honestly, 3-4 guilds all in on an RDA like in the past sounds great.

Maliki

Expert
Ariakan. At least now you can leave the server for 10 years and nobody can still catch you on points.
Should take away the leader board for the rdas since people starting now could never ever catch the top people.
This comes from the guy in 2nd place.

Young Star

Grandmaster
@Young Star that was a great eye opening post for me. As someone who has only been here for 6 months, I didn't see the evolution. But after reading that why wouldn't a system that works for both work. When an RDA spawns, have it spawn 2, one in a standard area, call it one of 15 spots you can bounce through to check, and a random spot that some smaller guild may stumble on and have a ton of fun . Just a thought? Because honestly, 3-4 guilds all in on an RDA like in the past sounds great.

Funny you should suggest that. That was exactly how it was for a while. There was a faction portal that wpuld open in the base of whichever faction owned the Brit sigil. Every 6 hours 3 RDAs would open in the world. One of the three would be the faction portal and you could find it out in the world or get inside through the base portal. When you exited you would end up out where it spawned in the world so you could gate in friends or mark a rune. This one was obviously fought over very often. Some would skip that one if they thought it was a lost cause and search for the other two. Once all the gates were down you have a decent amount of time until the next round since they only spawned every 6 hours.

During that time they toyed with different things to adjust the randomness for where they spawned. For a short while they only spawned in "hotspots" and it was a race to get to as many as you could get to it first. That was prettymuch a guaranteed fight at every one. Eventually they opened it up to spawn on any legal felucca land tile.

Then after a very long time it was decided to go to a single RDA at a time. This was also the time that script tracking became the primary means to look for them. There would be a 33% chance that it would also open a faction portal. Eventually that was turned off.

I'm just sticking around to hear more theories about how werkt haxxed the RDA game to dissolve competition the day after another guild was about to "take over". Seriously how the f**k would we even know what other guilds are up to. It's been said multiple times that rdas lost their spark for alot of us when $ found better things to do. Without the fighting, banging out boss' gets real old, real fast.

Bromista

Grandmaster
The saga continues....I'm fuckin' wayyyyyyyy over RDAs, boys.

One thing is for sure, the little guys just got crushed with the no tracking deal. I fully expect staff to make a variety of small changes in the future to accompany this major change because on its own is pretty harsh with the current drop rate being what it is.

This change does benefit quite literally anyone who finds an RDA and intends to complete it without harassment though, and that is a nice thing. The odds of someone crashing the party just went down astronomically.

So the odds of small groups finding an RDA intentionally just went down a ton. The odds of a large group finding an RDA intentionally went down a little. The odds of an RDA being stumbled upon by individuals remains the same.

I'm willing to be only a small percentage of players can solo or even duo any RDA, but if they can they have more time and opportunity to do so in most cases. Same goes for small guilds...if they can manage to snag one. They are in a bad spot right now tho.

Regarding the recent drama: I've heard some things. I can give history lessons on the early days of RDA shenanigans that would make your head fucking spin. This stuff is small potatoes by comparison but you know...sometimes shit hits the fan when players split from each other. Secrets get shared and people get thrown under busses once friend becomes foe, it's funny how that works isn't it?

Keep UOF weird.

StegcO

Grandmaster
I'm just sticking around to hear more theories about how werkt haxxed the RDA game to dissolve competition the day after another guild was about to "take over". Seriously how the f**k would we even know what other guilds are up to. It's been said multiple times that rdas lost their spark for alot of us when $ found better things to do. Without the fighting, banging out boss' gets real old, real fast.

Its not about werkt or money, i think is a good change becouse less people in a secluded map means more people in a "shared" map.

I know this change can ruin the "economy" of a group more than another, this time ruined werkt way of play other time other change ruined another guild way of play.

But IF works we will se more champ/boss that it means more action.

In my mind this change is like the choice of not open lost Land.

This is only my opinion

Grug'Bug

Adept
EDIT City im so sorry I read you have setup for RDA, bad timing you probably needs to be refounded becouse you are one of the last hope of fun in this server. Stay strong guys.

MyTwoCents

Thanks man, we were really jazzed about it, but oh well we shall persevere.

girana

Grandmaster

well you could fight us at champs now but you guys always prefer to hide in corners and let friends die

ProdigyOsi

Grandmaster
It was another good weekend for the only guild who bothers to try.
pqR6xlv.jpg

Thanks for making it harder for the slackers to get theirs!

EvilAcid

Grandmaster
Glad to see the rda pop up by the C.A.M.O guildhouse. (Small rat statue in the corner) sounds like my boy kept look out and was rewarded handsomely.

Cheers!

StegcO

Grandmaster
It was another good weekend for the only guild who bothers to try.

Thanks for making it harder for the slackers to get theirs!

lol manually search for rda with tracking disabled is still better than try to defend a champ/boss against $? :D

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
Eppy confirmed a new change yesterday, RDA's now have a chance to spawn off a mob kill, with a 2 hour timer between them. So people may get random ones popping up now!

Heavy

Apprentice
Hear this is lil bit weird imho..
The young comes and says "make a dono selling RDA", i pay for this and make this, lol. This sounds like "i will join to shitty guild and will be fkin rich", lawl.

Small group also have a chance, we have a non guilded group of 3-5 ppl, and play in this game too, yes, we are in harder position to get money for gem, upgrades and another instruments like metas, yes we cant fight against zerg of werkt or another top guildys, but we make this, cuz we spend our time. This is a awesome feeling when we found and make RDA faster then werkts =)

But honestly, this game is expensive.. Spend 1-3 hours with non afk tracking, make it in 20 mins and get crappy 105 PS - low percentage of UOF players can make this.

So, we see situation when tonnes of provo noobs and vortex-casting mages dont want farming, stealing, making bods or use another ways to get valued profit - they trying to make champ. spend several hours and going raided by $ - this is sosarian life, no one says uo will be easy =)

Last edited: