Razor help

SinisterX

Apprentice
Can someone tell me why razor macros sometimes just timeout at the "wait for target" part? I was just using a macro to train and all of a sudden it's decided to stop before the "absolute target" part. I can't get it to go past that section.

kraut

Neophyte
I dont know why but most times i could solve this rightcliking "wair for target" and setting a timeout of 5secs.

Other good practice is to set the target with last target.

Alan

Apprentice
This issue happens when for some reason a target is not ready when the "Wait for Target" line is reached. This usually happens when you have an object action (e.g. using a shepherd's crook) or something like it (possibly casting a spell) and for whatever reason the action that should have created the target was unsuccessfully executed (e.g. you used the shepherd's crook too soon after the macro). I practically ALWAYS would change the Timeout to something like 1-2 seconds (especially if you are looping and it doesn't matter if the macro restarts from the beginning), and be sure to add specific pauses (e.g. Pause 600ms between object actions) to ensure that you will have a target by the time the Wait for Target action is reached.

It's unfortunate that the default Wait for Target time is 30seconds, that is definitely overkill in almost all situations. But now that you know, you shouldn't have a problem.