Votes: 12 92.3%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't care

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
Remember the days of stumbling upon a tent with a chest inside of it and a prisoner being held by brigands, ratmen, or lizardmen?

Let's bring this back. Let's give more options than the "Grind" of the dungeons alone.

RDA's where a good start to explore the mainland for something to do. Fishing you have whirlpools.

Great there's another invasion of Minoc. We need more spice/depth (or at least I do)

The RLA - Random Land Adventure

Encounters with a point.

Treasure, captives, clues for puzzles, and much more.

Easy to nearly damn impossible. Some having to use certain tactics to approach or even fight in.

My mind has been running in circles for too long. I'll keep spilling my guts here. Call me a trammy all you want. I started Ultima before such a thing existed. I played for the adventure. PVP is an adventure too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
I never see anything spawned there besides a chest. This would be a world wide find and a reason to explore the map in a productive manner.

Riversilk

Master
I actually only got the prisoner just once, but i though it was because that spot is often used to train lockpicking.
Definitely need more outdoor fun thngs like these

Sewer Rat

Journeyman
I remember there being a chest at that location that you can't even open with gm lockpicking. Has that been changed, or is it still a joke on the pickers, lol?

halygon

Grandmaster
I remember there being a chest at that location that you can't even open with gm lockpicking. Has that been changed, or is it still a joke on the pickers, lol?
There are two.. one that is unpickable and one that spawns with the brigands.

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
There are two.. one that is unpickable and one that spawns with the brigands.
I'm taking on the problem of everyone pissing in the same hole. More things to do, more places to go that already are on the map, but never explored.

There is one thing that RDA's are horrible for and that is having the adventure have one way in and out (moongate). Sure PVP happens and SHOULD happen, however it becomes redundant to clear out an RDA to just be basically sealed in trying to get out. The same abuse happens with these as even single dungeon teleporters of blocking.

It's about moving forward and being productive. Not about everyone standing in one place waiting for the same thing to happen.

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
[QUOTE="Blaine the Gypsy, post: 405430]
It's about moving forward and being productive. Not about everyone standing in one place waiting for the same thing to happen.[/QUOTE]

Ah, yes I remember Everquest.

Bromista

Grandmaster
+1000

Fallout titles come to mind. There were all kinds of random encounters in those games. 95% of the spawners produce your average merc/highwaymen/super mutant/ghoul spawn but every now and again you'd get a special encounter. Sometimes hilarious, sometimes nostalgic, sometimes phat lewts.

'Tis a good way to brighten your day when you stumble on something special like that.

Cack

Grandmaster
I like the idea of running through the forest and you fall through a tile into an RLA or despise or w/e. Would be funny

Cack

Grandmaster
Kind of like "bubbles of evil" from the Robert Jordan series Wheel of Time?
3tn28r.jpg

but really i have no idea what that is. but maybe....
Anyway, im not sure what work it would take to get these. Possibly in only certain area...maybe the new badlands of uof. Fall through a random tile with has a fifty percent chance of fall through....like landmines...not on every tile but maybe 25 percent.
just ideas

Weland

Grandmaster
+1 I think it would be a great addition. I don't know if there is a way to to completely randomize the locations vs having fixed locations because then they just become and another hole that people add to their daily checks.

I think it would be cool to have somebody find one of these and run to town, open a gate and invite everyone in. Obviously at WBB it is possibly to be a scam to get you PKed but in smaller towns like Vesper where there is a common community you might have 2-3 people chilling that would be willing to jump in a random gate by another person there and go to capture teh l3wt. IPY attempted something like this but I never saw it in action, so this idea has come up before in UO but I haven't seen it implemented. I think it would be a fun addition, it could probably be based loosely off of the t-map level system. Levels 5-6 are super rare and 1-4 are common enough.

As long as it doesn't spawn on my house!!

Bromista

Grandmaster
My guildmates and I were discussing something kind of in the same vein as this idea, but instead of these smaller encounters (we definitely would like to see those! Something for the new guys would be a major plus) we thought it would be cool to have a sort of super-encounter, maybe even GM placed in obscure locations and not on a timer or anything, that would remain in place until discovered and completed. Not trackable, no yellow nametag, just a PW moongate or something.

Kind of like a super-portal...heavy with tough spawn leading up to a badass boss. Something that basically requires a guild effort, unlike RDAs which can actually be soloed by the right players or with enough patience.

Maybe once a week a GM could drop a gate to something reminiscent of the Gauntlet from Doom. Some sort of multi-boss instance that can't be roflstomped in 20 minutes by an organized guild like most RDAs currently can.

Not to hijack this thread, but does that sound like something that could be taken into consideration? @eppy @Shane @Adam @JoeB

I know you all were asking for ideas for more dungeon bosses which have yet to be implemented. Maybe this is a way to shoehorn some additional content in?

*First and foremost I would like to see Blaine's idea receive attention, as it would introduce a refreshing break in the monateny of the forest for veterans and new players alike.

@Messremb @Liberty @Faytality @tankian @Cold Spoon

Last edited by a moderator: