racial slurs and derogatory comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

AssHat

Grandmaster
being pked is one thing, being called a kind person or nig^ger for no reason is not except-able. what kind of server is this? any of these things on the REAL UO/ or any other game for that matter, would get you banned instantly. get some class back to your server. bunch of kids running around with no supervision!!!!

and i have tried to page/report but 6+ hours and no gm response :/ thats all i knew what to do on UO

Last edited by a moderator:

Chop

Journeyman
Being such a great server has definitely attracted some real scum over the past few months that's for sure. If only there were some kind of AI Game master that could help the UOF team weed these idiots out. Honestly I couldn't imagine trying to police/babysit with the amount of people that play here. I feel for the players that have to deal with these people daily but mostly I feel for the UOF Dev team. What a headache it must be trying to keep the server clean of garbage players and dealing with all the pages/reports that are a direct result of the actions of those garbage players. :mad:

Staff

Young Player Help
Racial slurs are against the rules and will result in a timeout. I haven't seen a page from you all day.

AssHat

Grandmaster
its been in the past, i stopped trying to page this because i usually couldnt stay on any longer :/

AssHat

Grandmaster
be ready for pages every day, you wouldn't believe the stuff people say to someone after they die.... especially after you say nothing because your to busy running or dying

wreckognize

Grandmaster
Kind of hard to believe that UO is the only game where you can be killed and then called a ***. But there it is, in plain black and white. Jack and jill. Straight fact.

I have another thread where I suggested that ghosts should be able to talk back a bit to limit this type of behavior. If ghosts could talk back, then players also might not call names after a kill as often. I think the gms are working on this right now actually, it's probably worth a shot tbh see how it pans out

Lailoken

Journeyman
I had the same thing happen to me in Destard one night. Kid steals my bow and then turns around and says "Thanks for the bow FA***T"
So I said, "No problem, I'll just make more." He say's "Then I'll take those too FA***T"
I mean, he was a good thief but there was no need for the sexual orientation comment. Next time I'm just gonna screen capture and e-mail a GM so they have all the proof and name of the person who needs a "time-out" about all I can do I suppose.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
This unfortunately is something that has been going for to long. There is absolutely no need for people to have such an idiotic approach to their victims. Again, this is just another thing that will eventually escalate into a multiple thread discussion where realistically, common sense is all that is needed to stop this getting out of hand. This is not a one sided argument either @AssHat , I have stolen from people who are JUST as offensive towards me which also provokes, additional, long drawn out conflicts.

I am not one to go running to a GM for every little issue that arises on this server but some is just blatantly childish, as with all childish antics, some require punishment.

Weland

Grandmaster
Screenshot your journal and post and or pm all the admins which ever they prefer. They could create a forum that is strictly for reporting ethical misconduct where users and can post screenshots or print screens of the racist/uncalled for behavior.

We as the users need to accept the punishment the GMs put down. We may want an instant ban but if every time some one gets heated and slips this rule can become grounds for griefing. Oh i made you mad enough you swore and or said something you shouldn't so now I can get you banned so I win har har, kinda thing.

Mitzal

Novice
I just assumed no one on staff cared seeing how a prominent players profile pic appears to be a man in blackface.

I hear racial slurs much less often then derogatory comments made about assumed sexual orientation, the latter I hear at least 3 or 4 times a day the former maybe once a week.

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
I just assumed no one on staff cared seeing how a prominent players profile pic appears to be a man in blackface.

I hear racial slurs much less often then derogatory comments made about assumed sexual orientation, the latter I hear at least 3 or 4 times a day the former maybe once a week.
You also have to remember that most of the players here grew up in a time when calling everyone fa---ts was normal and there wasn't all the PC crap that exists today with everybody's feelings getting hurt everytime someone says something wrong.

Doesn't make it right, just saying that's why you run into that.

As for the racial stuff, that's just gross.

I've been on all day and have not seen a page about this,

Maybe you haven't seen a page, but there is a LOT of trash talk by PKs.

A lot of it is not racial, but at the very least inappropriate.

I remember some people getting in a bit of trouble for using the term "autistic" and or "*" but I've seen it since that happened.

Hell, I got a warning on the forum for calling myself a godless heathen in a thread that referenced homosexual incest. I don't even know how what I said is offensive to anyone...and that wasn't even in game.

But, what do I know? Probably not much, or I'd find a much more current game to play...

Not sure where you PVM or PVP but I rarely see any racist or derogatory words.

I PVP everyday and don't see that kind of language.

God.RG

Grandmaster
how old are you, @AssHat ? because you sure do cry like a toddler more often than not.

we're all supposed to be adults here.. yet people still page in about being called names? what are you, 5?

Skye Wolfbane

Governor of Trinsic
The "C" word gets tossed in my direction quite often in game. It's UO. You also need to remember some people who play this game come from other countries where certain words aren't "as big as a deal" as in the U.S. While racial slurs are against the rules, it is sometimes hard to "catch". Screen shot your journal and actually, I like Guwap's idea..lol. But you can send it to a GM. They'll get a time out.
Then turn on your filter where you won't have to "see" such words again. We want people of all types playing here but that means we're going to get idiots as well. Best bet is just turn on your filter, and move along.

The "C" word gets tossed in my direction quite often in game. It's UO. You also need to remember some people who play this game come from other countries where certain words aren't "as big as a deal" as in the U.S. While racial slurs are against the rules, it is sometimes hard to "catch". Screen shot your journal and actually, I like Guwap's idea..lol. But you can send it to a GM. They'll get a time out.
Then turn on your filter where you won't have to "see" such words again. We want people of all types playing here but that means we're going to get idiots as well. Best bet is just turn on your filter, and move along.

Well said about the filter. +1

Status
Not open for further replies.