Question I don’t know.

batrabbit

Apprentice
ok been playing for about two months. These are the question I don’t know and have been unable to find answers to. In no order what so ever.

1) spider food? I know it used to add relics to your spider but from post I think they are just junk power scroll but at times it seems like there is an item named spider food? What’s is spider food?

2) I read that you can have theee accounts. Is this true. I made two just fine but it will not let me make a third. Any ideas why?

3) when selling a house people say no cut? I understand no blockage but what does no cut mean?

4) I have a 7x gm whatever char if I use a 105,110,115,120 power scroll does it give me an extra 20 skill points or do I have to drop 20 skill points of one of my skills?

5) when I get hit by pks they run on screen hit me with an ebolt, than I am stunned. Where is this stun coming from? I think it has to do with an unarmed wrestling attack but not sure. Can a magic trap pouch unstun me like with the paraizel spell? Not two pks just one. And it’s not a spell that stun me.

6) the other day I was trying to make a check for 1.5 million. I had a two million check in bank. Broke the two million check into gold. Said check 1500000. Nothing happened, did it about 4 times nothing happened. Than some helpful guy told me to say credit, boom all my money gone, than told me to say check amount... and it worked. Ok great where the hell is my other 500000k gold? What the hell is this credit thing? I got my money back by making a check out for 521,258 gold but why did all that happen?

7) how does tracking work? I played UO about 4 years ago and tracking worked with zero skill points. Is it still like that?

The next few are taming questions:

1t)I read the tamable post and they have water dragon listed there, are these still a thing if so how do you know if your dragon is a water dragon? Can meta dragon be meta water dragons?

2t) I don’t understand meta balls. Ok they link your pet to the ball, got that. So if asshole a traps my pet I use the ball and it teleports my pet out of his house and back to me?

3t) does the meta ball work on dead pets?

4t) I seen tamers all the time recalling away and their pets go with them. Back in the day I had to open a gate to get my pets to follow me. What’s going on here? Are they using the taming ball or is this just a new feature?

I am sure this is other stuff I forgetting to ask about but any help would be great. Thank your time reading this and thank you for your answer and any hel.

Phrygian

Master
1) Spider Food is just junk power scrolls. Not an actual item.
2) Yes, you can make 3 accounts. There is nothing stopping you from making a 3rd. Make a unique user name, enter any password you want, and boom.
3) No cut is an area around brit where bodies cannot be cut (killing PK's and stating them).
4) You gain 20 skill points. 720 is the cap.
5) Wrestling + Anatomy allows you to punch stun. Pouch doesn't get you out.
6) The gold is just "credit" It's in your bank without cluttering up the mess. You can use it at vendors, etc etc as if it were gold just sitting in your bank.
7) Need skill points to track things reliably.

1t) No, no meta water dragon.
2t) Yes
3t) Yes
4t) They're bonded

JDXM

Journeyman
I'll have a quick go at a few of these, hopefully someone else can fill in the others:
1: pass
2: yes - 3 accounts is the limit and shouldn't be a problem creating 3rd, possibly an issue with account name?
3: no-cut refers to not being able to cut bodies up after death, so no stat-loss for PK's who die in this area.
4: Using the 105, 110, 115 then 120 power scrolls increase your skill cap the first time you go above 700 ..i.e every player can raise their skill cap from 700 to 720 but no higher.
5: Paralyse can come from spell, stun punch (special attack with wrestlng + anat) or 2h fencing weps can paralyse as well. Cast magic trap on a pouch to be able to break this or there is a pouch on gold sink vendor that can stack 30 traps (bind a key to say [pouch for a shortcut to use this)
6: Best description is a seperate gold account as well as your bank box just for ease of gold storage, use "deposit" or "credit" and "balance" to store your gold and check how much you have. Use "check" (or "cheque" if you speak properly :rolleyes:) to create cheques from your balance for vendor purchases or player trades. You can also "withdraw" to take gold directly from your account to your backpack.
7: Tracking works at zero for roughly 1 screen but is affected by targets hide and stealth skill.
1t: Water dragons are a thing, seperate spawns for these...meta drags are not water drags. Water drags and deep water drags are shades of purple.
2t. Don't confuse meta stone and pet ball. Pet balls are linked to individual pets and use charges to recall pets from any location to their owner. Mainly used to avoid pet trappers and a pretty much essential purchase for every decent pet as it will pay for itself the first time your pet is trapped.
3t. pass - never tried
4t: Bonded pets and meta's recall with you as long as not actively engaged in combat.
http://www.uoguide.com/Pet_Bonding

Hope this goes some way towards answering!

JDXM

Journeyman
Phryg was more on the ball than me...got distracted half way through! lol :)
Didn't know trapped pouch won't break stun punch