Question about something I've seen.

heresaucer

Neophyte
I thought about putting this in rants or flames, but I'm not mad at all and it's not a rant. I honestly would like to know what the person is doing. Also, someone told me NOT to post his name in game on here, as that could get me in trouble. I know without names it makes it kind of useless but I'm sure a few of you can guess who it is and yeah kinda long.

For the few weeks I've been playing UOF, I've noticed one player in almost every single dungeon doing the same thing, everyday.

Even when no-one else is farming in that dungeon level, he aggros up all of the dangerous spawn and tries to lead them somewhere, maybe the entrance? Sometimes I think he is trying to dry pk, if thats a term here. But I'm not really sure. He's never killed me or been responsible for my death, nor anyone that I've seen. But on the occassions he has led his spawn past me, he has cast "Wall of Stone" a few times, but he has never trapped me with it or really came close to me with it so I cant tell if he's trying to trap me with it, or maybe he uses it on his spawn followers?

I was training provo in the bards room/deceit a week ago. I watched for about an hour and a half as he worked spawn from the prison/water ele area all the way around, through many doors, corners, narrow passageways and finally to the bards room. By the time he got there with his army of spawn followers, most thought he was trying to kill them and recalled out. A few of us, stayed just to see if he would be able to do it. He managed to get into the doors, but got pk'd just before his spawn came through. The pk's got us few that couidn't recall out fast enough.

I honestly want to know what the motivation or benefit is to doing this. I dont see him going through all that trouble to kill someone without going red, plus doing this can't really make him that much money as he kills no spawn and from what I've seen, no players either. I don't see him as an alt for a red, or a scout for a pk guild as he is ALWAYS killed with the rest of us by reds.

A'zah

Apprentice
I don't really have an answer for you. Maybe it's fun for him, maybe hes trying to create a safe spot for him to macro skills in, maybe hes trying to dry pk but is just really aweful at it. Sounds pretty funny and kind of bad ass though to be honest even though I havn't seen it myself.

heresaucer

Neophyte
I don't really have an answer for you. Maybe it's fun for him, maybe hes trying to create a safe spot for him to macro skills in, maybe hes trying to dry pk but is just really aweful at it. Sounds pretty funny and kind of bad ass though to be honest even though I havn't seen it myself.

It is really funny, I've tried talking to him. But he never answers me. I would've taken screen shots had I realized that that was his "job" and he would be at it every time I went into a dungeon.I dont think he is trying to make a safe spot to macro. He spent an hour and a half trying to get a huge mob of casting monsters from the WHOLE other side of the dungeon into the bards room in deceit, literally about 30 monsters. Why he would want to dry pk people training provo, I dont understand. They usually just have an instrument.

Today he was leading a bunch of high end monsters in level 5 shame, he tried to wall me in today I think. But he missed badly 3-4 times. Thats why I can't tell if he is trying to kill me or not, because when he walls it's never ANYWHERE close to me but I cant see any other reason for him to cast it. I thought maybe he is trying to drag it to the entrance? So it will kill trap whoever enters instead of recalling. He got pk'd before he could finish, which saved me as I was able to recall out.

Bunnky

Grandmaster
Bard room gets griefed daily, but this sounds even funnier than that time someone dragged a garg alchemist in there. I hate griefers just as much as the next guy, but this is one of those really funny ones.

I'm sure he had no motivation other than for laughs. I don't *think* what he's doing is illegal, but best contact a gm about it to make sure.

Sent from my ZTE N9120 using Tapatalk

heresaucer

Neophyte
10K on Rat Laurer[/quote

Yeah its Rat Laurer, wish I could talk to him he never answers though. I want to know if he is trying to dry PK or if what he is doing is something different all together.

My first day here he did it in Despise and a tamer named gate keeper tried to PK him.

Violence

Grandmaster
He is most certainly trying to get you killed.

I wouldn't worry about it though, he's an idiot and will end up killing himself long before he kills you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Snickle

Grandmaster
Yea I've seen rat laurer go this alot. I also think he is handicapped in a way. I just don't see why anyone would do this every time they log onto uo

Sarphus

Journeyman
lol I saw him do the same thing. After a few of the AFKs were dead in the provo room he sat there looting them. He might have looted as much as 500g worth of loot.

Success!