Question about PvP rules

Naww

Apprentice
Emmm i might be quite slow with this question, but i just have to ask before smth bad will happen to me. Rules are saying that :
  • Players may not use any automation scripts while pvping or in any game setting. This includes; Potion throwing, auto potion usage, auto trap pouch usage and more.... No automation will be tolerated!
So rip my lovely autobandage with "if poisoned drink cure" "if stamina low drink stamina" ?
1. Is just autobandage without pots allowed ?
2. All loop running macro in pvp is prohibitet ?
3. And finally how someone gonna check it when everyone are instacuring around :D ?

kolbycrouch

Master
imo, anything that can be done on the allowed clients/assistants with the features that are kept on, should be legal.

This mostly seems relevant to steam. If they find some internal macro is crucial to writing a certain script, they should ban that feature.

Otherwise, it would be a huge hassle for staff to have to investigate each person who might be doing it.

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
Emmm i might be quite slow with this question, but i just have to ask before smth bad will happen to me. Rules are saying that :
  • Players may not use any automation scripts while pvping or in any game setting. This includes; Potion throwing, auto potion usage, auto trap pouch usage and more.... No automation will be tolerated!
So rip my lovely autobandage with "if poisoned drink cure" "if stamina low drink stamina" ?
1. Is just autobandage without pots allowed ?
2. All loop running macro in pvp is prohibitet ?
3. And finally how someone gonna check it when everyone are instacuring around :D ?

As it is impossible to PROVE any wrong doing is happening even if you use scripts most people script.

The rules disallow it, but you'll never get in trouble for it if history is any kind of teacher. =\

Just think about it, unless someone is standing behind you looking at your screen it's impossible for anyone to ever know. Will can deduce it, they can speculate, but they will never be able to prove it. And without that proof you'll never be judged guilty.

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
We actually have a revamped version of the rules going up soon by @halygon .

Things like this are kinda vague and it has become tough to tell who is doing what when it comes to small automation scripts.
We plan on making it more clear in the very near future here.

halygon

Grandmaster
As @Shane said, we are working on a new set of rules. The current rules have become a frankenstein of many iterations of updates. Some of the rules display how UOF feels about certain topics but doesn't have them in a measurable sense, which means that it is very difficult to enforce or understand (as a player).

The new rules encapsulate not only an optimized, clearly written, version of the current ones, but also includes new mechanics and "tribal knowledge" that players do not hear about until they cross the line.

Our goal is to make the rules easy to understand, require no explanation, and are fully enforceable.

Stand by for future updates on this topic.

hubcap

Grandmaster
Simple.
Remove assist clients altogether and make people play the game.
I know. HOW BORING.

Look at it this way....if someone whoops your ass its because he or she is good at the game. Not writing a macro or 5.
While we all agree the assist clients make the game much more enjoyable, it really does take away a bit of skill level required by the player.
Comes down to a good macro and timing. Nothing more.
Imagine if you actually had to double click that paralyze scroll and double click and target those pots..............

THE HORRORS!
:D

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
if someone whoops your ass its because he or she is good at the game.

What does it mean to be good at UO? Theres 2 things that take skill in UO:

1. group fight calling
2. alchy dueling

Id maybe go as far as to add a 3rd: running quickly through trees.

Everything else in this game takes 0 skill but Id love to hear how I'm wrong :)

halygon

Grandmaster
Simple.
Remove assist clients altogether and make people play the game.
I know. HOW BORING.

Look at it this way....if someone whoops your ass its because he or she is good at the game. Not writing a macro or 5.
While we all agree the assist clients make the game much more enjoyable, it really does take away a bit of skill level required by the player.
Comes down to a good macro and timing. Nothing more.
Imagine if you actually had to double click that paralyze scroll and double click and target those pots..............

THE HORRORS!
There's a reason why assist clients are around and why no one has used the UO client alone since 2000. Also, I think you would be shocked if you actually tested out all of the built-in macros/hotkeys available within the UO classic client - pretty much gives you most of the options of Razor.

While @Swayze may be a master of double clicking everything, I don't think the player base would be too thrilled to be stepping back in technology.

What does it mean to be good at UO? Theres 2 things that take skill in UO:

1. group fight calling
2. alchy dueling

Id maybe go as far as to add a 3rd: running quickly through trees.

Everything else in this game takes 0 skill but Id love to hear how I'm wrong :)
I think you might be minimizing the world of UO to what you do day-in, day-out.

To name a few you missed...
1. PvPing/PKing solo in dungeons
2. Managing Champ/RDA spawn
3. Timing IDOCs
4. 5x dueling
5. Ship battling