Question about Powerscrolls, Skill Scrolls and Skill Caps

Tylerium

Apprentice
Ok so I have a character that is 7x GM mage/bard. I used powerscrolls and trained to get to 105 then used skills scrolls to get to 110 provo and 110 peace. When using the skill scrolls, I got a system message that said I was at my skill cap and had to lower another skill to use the scrolls. So I pointed my Eval Int down and it is now at 90. I have pointed it back up, casted plenty of spells hunting and even tried macroing it at WBB all night, but it is not budging at all. Is this a bug? How do I get back to 100 eval and still have 110 provo/peace?

Tylerium

Apprentice
I'm actually at only 710. I thought the point of Powerscrolls was to allow to go over the cap? (sorry first time ever using powerscrolls on a character)

Tylerium

Apprentice
So that still doesn't answer my question. Why do I have to lower another skill to raise higher than 100? I thought that was the whole point of a PS....

Young Star

Grandmaster
List your skills

From what you said you have 2 skills at 110, lowering evaluation int to make room for the second 110. If the highest PS you ate is a 110 your total skill cap is 710. If you want to raise eval you have to lower another skill. Eating a 110 from two different skills does not stack your total skill cap it just raises the cap for each individual skill. The only way to further raise your total skill cap is to eat a 115 and 120. Your total skill cap will only go over 700 depending on the highest level power scroll you've ate.

Tylerium

Apprentice
90 eval int
100 magery
100 resist
100 med
100 music
110 provo
110 peace

So are you saying I have to eat a 115 peace and provo to be able to raise my Eval back to 100?

Young Star

Grandmaster
No. If you want 100 eval you will need to drop something else. If you eat a 115 in provo or peace you will change your total skill cap to 715. If you lock all skills except eval you could raise it 5pts. Or if you eat a 15 provo for example you can raise that to 115,leaving all other skills the same. If you then eat a 115 peace next you will have to take away 5pts from a different skill to raise it since the total skill cap is still 715.

Tylerium

Apprentice
But if you ate all those Powerscrolls up to 120 each, wouldnt your skill cap be 740? 7x gm plus 20 each powerscrolls....

Tylerium

Apprentice
Ok so 720 is the server limit?

This is what I still don't get: I have added 20 skill points to my character with 110 provo and peace. So my skill cap should be 720 now... but it's not because my eval is stuck at 90. Do powerscrolls only add half of their value to the skill cap?

Afro Man

Grandmaster

This is what I still don't get: I have added 20 skill points to my character with 110 provo and peace. So my skill cap should be 720 now... but it's not because my eval is stuck at 90. Do powerscrolls only add half of their value to the skill cap?
Yes 720 is server limit and you cannot reach that limit until you have ONE SKILL to 120 like buy 115 peace and 120 peace then you would be at the Cap

Tylerium

Apprentice
So one skill to 120 is a different amount of skill points than two skills to 110? That makes no sense....

Afro Man

Grandmaster
So one skill to 120 is a different amount of skill points than two skills to 110? That makes no sense....
GIF--laughing-funny-LOL-haha-hehe-hilarious-fun-happy-laugh-Jack-Nicholson-Batman-GIF.gif

Young Star

Grandmaster

No the highest level PS you ate was a 110 so the total skill cap only goes up 10. You cannot stack two 110s to raise the total cap to 720.

It doesn't matter how many different skills you eat a PS for. The total cap only matches whatever the highest single skill PS you've used.
Eat a 105 = 705 total
110 = 710
115 = 715
120 = 720

There is no power scroll over 120 so the total cap will max out at 720. If you could stack scrolls from different skills everyone would just eat 4 105s to get their total cap to 720.