Question about Meditation

Hi guys,

it's me again (i'm a guy full of questions. Like Hamlet, just without the money).

This time my question is for meditation.

I'm building this weird template of a support / dps, since i'm not interested in soloing; i'm only playing with my friends and i wanted to get myself a useful position in the team. The template is like this:

Archery
Tact
Anatomy
Healing
Magery
Res spell

Where my main goal is to deal DPS via archery, and use magery to heal - bless - protect others, and summon deamon when i'm farming alone.

So here's my question, which is for the seventh skill:

should i go Ev. Int or meditation?
On one side, Ev Int should be better, since i don't have a lot of mana (about 50) and i want my spells to be as effective as possible.

On the other, i finish my mana pretty fast, and i could use some meditation to get it back.
But here's where i get a dubt. Is meditation working only when activated (i have to take my bow off to do that, and just wait; since i'm not a pure mage, i need to deal dps, so just waiting is not good)? or does it work passively even where not activated?
Also, if it works passively, will it work even if i wear a chainmail? Barbed leather are a little expansive for my wallet at the moment, and i don't have any tailor to do the work for me. Plus, they ruin very fast... I definitely like chainmail, it also suits better my role.

Al throw in another question. Stats. At the moment i'm at 85 - 95 - 50. I didn't try it deeply yet. I'd keep 50 int only to summon deamons. Maybe i should lower it a bit, then go bless - summon? Hum hum.

Thanks guys! Appriciated as always

Luke

mynameis

Adept
Personally I'd go with a different skill all together and lower int unless you plan to use magery for more. Hiding is what I'd recommend.

Meditation is works active or passive, but armor greatly affects it. Basically all mental armor wont allow you to meditate actively. What really hurts IMO is the crawl of passive mana gain with armor on. I'm not sure you need to disarm to meditation but I guess I wouldn't know since you always disarm after casting and my warrior has no meditation.

I have a warrior with the same skills as you if you add hiding and replace archery with swords. I use magic a lot less than I thought I would, mainly 90% of the time its just recalling, the rest is bless or emergency cure/heal/other spell. My stats are 100/100/25 and I am think of adjusting slightly, just bring int between 36-29. I figure that'll keep curse from killing mana / make it possible to bless and do 7th cir (gate is what I had in mind) without changing str+dex much.

You'll be able to afford whatever armor you want soon enough but sticking to ring/chainmail is probably best. If you're mostly hunting with others you have healing and thats better on others than disarming and casting IMO. Bless you'll do less often. I only do it for bigger fights and its usually more for the head start bandaid than stat boost. Summon for battle is not very practical, a lot of fizzle, short time, and you'll have no mana for a while. I'd rather have the ability to recall than a deamon. Plus if you really want you have blade spirit at only 14 mana.

Unless you want to rearrange skills and template I'd lose mage focus and make a separate 'full mage' character and adjust stats to make a your archer stronger. 15 hp makes a big difference, and extra dex makes you get more damage out and heal faster.

If you only want to use your magery for beneficial/utility spells and not offence, get meditation. If you want to use your magery for damage, you will want eval int and meditation. Meditation works actively and passively like he was saying, but it is important to note that passive med will be almost non-existent if you choose to wear heavy armor, and you will need to take your armor off every time you actively med or else it will be a waste of time.

halygon

Grandmaster
Sounds to me you are wanting to do setup similar to a tank Mage. It is possible to do the following and be successful, however you WILL need to use barbed or magic leather armor (not studded).

So the skills would be:

Archery
Tactics
Anatomy
Magery
Eval int
Meditation
Resisting spells

Stats: 100str, 50int, 75dex

You will rely on greater strength and agility potions, so make sure you have the stock.

This is an old school archer mage setup. You must use magery for healing and you do not have wrestling to prevent spell interruption. That said, you can put out a helluva lot of damage with this as it is mostly all offense. 50int allows you to cast any spell but gives you as much dex as possible. 100str is needed on sandy dexxor build as it gives a str damage bonus to your melee skill.

Ehi guys! Thanks a lot. Very exaustive answer. I understand i got myself in a tight spot, and i have to move. If i have to move towards a mage build or towards a warrior build, i'll go back being a warrior. I've been playing a mage for years when i played this game back in the time... I had enough of reagents and shit :D So i'll drop ev int and medi and get back Hiding, as i was before.

Thank you all for clearing my mind :D love

Luke