PROVO-MAGE STRATEGY

Yagyu

Adept
Provo mage with hide can go to bottom of dungeons and kill anything...melee provokers might have solid dps but they dont have half the versatility. Not to mention my provok mage can kill reds and pvp well, the provo archer or melee cant do anything buy limited pvm in limited dungeons. Yes you can go somewhere like the terra keep with the archer provoker and you dont really need to ever go anywhere else...

Nanashi

Grandmaster
hitting ctrl/shift should help grab their bars, but no there's not a razor hotkey/macro that you can make to pull their bars. You can do a razor targetting hotkey for targetting nearest mob etc, but its not always reliable.... para field should work, and you're not going to take many spells in the 1-2 second it should take you to provo them, keep magic reflection up though to mitigate some of the effects. BS will drop fast to werewolves, but again the werewolves should only be attacking it long enough for you to pull their bars and provo them on eachother. Karl is correct about the dispel stuff, but werewolves dont cast.. so they wont dispel. Just keep in mind your options when fighting mobs that do not dispel.

I farm the werewolves and they do have a dispel cast I believe. Quite a few times I tried magic and EV's but I find the archer more effective against these once you provo. Take a HIgh tactic bow instead of a silver because we all know silver is not a weakness against werewolves. lol

Rooster

Novice
My 2c worth ....

Music
Prov
Magery
Archery
Tactics
Hide
Stealth

With slayer bows you can easily bring down the health of the stronger mob you have provoked and finish off the last one alive. Magery to heal, bless, cure, reflect etc.
You can cast invisibility and stealth off. Do not leave your character unattended when you cast invisibility to initiate stealth for after the invis runs out you will be revealed, even if you have used hide after the invis. You can stealth up to your targets and get at their outer range so you don't aggro other mobs. You are not a visible PK target. You can hide after a prov and it will not break. You can hide then stealth to your body and loot it in peace if you have an "accident".
Peace works well on werewolves but cannot be fit into the above template.
The stats I run with in this template are 90 str, 85 dex and 50 int.
I use potions when needed.

arty_

Novice
currently working this theoretical template

Music/Provo/magery/hiding/stealth/an at/healing

so far it has been pretty good to get an understanding for how the bard game works. i may move anat/healing off if i find i don't need it once i get things figured out but right now theres good survivability and he's pretty fun

If you are not using a weapon drop anat for eval cause ya need the extra damage to finish off mobs and med to regain fast n drop stealth for resist. Heal with Magery and/pots

i agree if you have no wep you need eval because it will be hard to finish off tough monsters especially paragons

King Dingaling

Grandmaster
imo you absolutely need hiding

reason being is you can prov, hide and it wont break the provocation. casting invis will break it, and u will have to start over. i have an archer bard and its not too bad when u get the hang of it
gm archery
gm tactics
gm anat
gm healing
gm music
gm prov
gm hiding

kurtis

Grandmaster
imo you absolutely need hiding

reason being is you can prov, hide and it wont break the provocation. casting invis will break it, and u will have to start over. i have an archer bard and its not too bad when u get the hang of it
gm archery
gm tactics
gm anat
gm healing
gm music
gm prov
gm hiding

That is not true casting invis does not break provo. I do it all the time.

King Dingaling

Grandmaster
that mustve been fixed then

i could have sworn invis would break prov. ..

when i had bard mage it would do that all the time..so i dropped full mage and made that char a tamer bard with just magery and med

I'm pretty sure it broke it for me last night. Also hiding can be replaced with resist as the 2 are equally useful imo. If tracking didn't find people hidden I'd say hideing would be beat

kurtis

Grandmaster
I just finished doing a huge spawn on my provo mage and constantly casting invis was essential to surviving. Not once were my provocations ever broken. I don't know what else to tell you guys. Go test it.

Tested it tonight and invis still breaks Provo. Tried multiple times and each same thing. So either you are bugged or full of shit. Hopefully bug since so many asshats here anyways.

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
Would you like to make a wager? I just recorded a video and I'm going to post it here. But I like free money. So put your money where your mouth is or shut the fuck up
Then you're the only person on the server that has invis proof provo. You shoulda kept quiet now they're gonna fix your character.

signature field is blank