Promoting healthy and fun PvP

Kilike

Grandmaster
Just trying to make PVP mechanics better here than it was on uoforever.

We use cut off runes all the time however, its not like we're chasing 1 person though -- the entire premise is that large faction fights(group vs group) encourages running from the getgo. Thats why bolas were implemented on OSI and everywhere else, because "Running until the person pursuing gets bored should not be a viable tactic."
Well then... Chivalry got added because obviously dexxers just arent as good as some people think they are. Do I demand it gets added as well. Along with focus.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Well then... Chivalry got added because obviously dexxers just arent as good as some people think they are. Do I demand it gets added as well. Along with focus.

Except this shard is balanced after the era when bolas were a part of the game... chivalry and focus(no idea what they were) were not around back then.

However go ahead and make an argument for them, if it makes sense and helped make PVP "fun and healthy", Id be all for it.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
this server doesn't have enough people to support "large faction fights"

Sure it does -- if it was made so people who own the sigils make gold or silver off of them, more people will join factions. As it stands now, theres little incentive for people to faction because the sigils are worthless and theres no need for warhorses.

God.RG

Grandmaster
Sure it does -- if it was made so people who own the sigils make gold or silver off of them, more people will join factions. As it stands now, theres little incentive for people to faction because the sigils are worthless and theres no need for warhorses.
they tried that.
no one joined.

..so this server's playerbase can't facilitate large faction battles.

Proven

Novice

I don't want to join factions because the barrier to be effective at it is likely higher than the majority want to invest, Ie running with 15 players, needing sallos, scripts, tree hacks and the plethora of other things that make UO less like UO and more like a spreadhseet.

Some don't want to factions not because there is no reward but because of the crap and players they have to put up with to participate. I'd actually wager most feel tis way. Any change to make factions more rewarding is just going to reward those who already have a stranglehold on the system and will do the opposite of encourage others to join.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
I don't want to join factions because the barrier to be effective at it is likely higher than the majority want to invest, Ie running with 15 players, needing sallos, scripts, tree hacks and the plethora of other things that make UO less like UO and more like a spreadhseet.

Some don't want to factions not because there is no reward but because of the crap and players they have to put up with to participate. I'd actually wager most feel tis way.

I wish there were more crews willing to lessen the experience gap between new players and faction PVP -- sadly most crews of factioners are "elitist" and exclusive whereas Ive always prided myself on teaching newer players how to be an effective group fighter in factions.

It takes about 20-30minutes to get everything setup(sallos if you want, treehack, etc) to be competitive in factions and Id be glad to teach you, Im even willing to waive the join fee as a token of good faith to the community and my desire to helps newbs participate in pvp.

Any change to make factions more rewarding is just going to reward those who already have a stranglehold on the system and will do the opposite of encourage others to join.

How would it disincentivize people who already have no incentive to begin with? This change would get groups like LORE and TRIN and other PVPish groups who PVP anyway to join factions because they could now get paid to PVP.

Messremb

Grandmaster
I wish there were more crews willing to lessen the experience gap between new players and faction PVP -- sadly most crews of factioners are "elitist" and exclusive whereas Ive always prided myself on teaching newer players how to be an effective group fighter in factions.

It takes about 20-30minutes to get everything setup(sallos if you want, treehack, etc) to be competitive in factions and Id be glad to teach you, Im even willing to waive the join fee as a token of good faith to the community and my desire to helps newbs participate in pvp.

How would it disincentivize people who already have no incentive to begin with? This change would get groups like LORE and TRIN and other PVPish groups who PVP anyway to join factions because they could now get paid to PVP.
All you train is eb meat shields, that can't hold their own 1v1

There are already huge pvm incentives and still pvm guilds don't join. Stop pretending You want better rewards for any other reason than to get more rewards for killing factions

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster

There are already huge pvm incentives and still pvm guilds don't join.

There are huge PVM rewards for a PVP system -- do you not see the issue in that? Not many people want to be in factions on their PVE tamer and for good reason.

Kilike

Grandmaster

There are already huge pvm incentives and still pvm guilds don't join. Stop pretending You want better rewards for any other reason than to get more rewards for killing factions
Actually.. Most of the pvm rewards dont even work. Ie meta xp, control sigil got nerfed, but if it still helps level 7 metas cool. However.... I hate to say this, but he's right. The rewards arent worth joining factions for currently. The risk of getting zerged down just isnt worth the "reward".

Not to mention it's fucking stupid @Shane thinks forcing tamers with level 7 metas into factions is a solution for the poor as fuck control they have over them. Replace the sigil and give tamers control of there pets

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Actually.. Most of the pvm rewards dont even work. Ie meta xp, control sigil got nerfed, but if it still helps level 7 metas cool. The rewards arent worth joining factions for currently. The risk of getting zerged down just isnt worth the "reward".

Not to mention it's fucking stupid @Shane thinks forcing tamers with level 7 metas into factions is a solution for the poor as fuck control they have over them. Replace the sigil and give tamers control of there pets

I never understood why level 7 pets dont respond with 120 lore/tame...thats like 15mil.

However.... I hate to say this, but he's right.

Bruv, dont get emotional and let dying in game or whatever personal animosities you have towards me or EQMS influence your opinion on game mechanics like so many others who are #affected.

Not to mention you were in EQMS and anytime you want to come back just send me a skype(I know PVM can get really boring after a while).

Messremb

Grandmaster
Actually.. Most of the pvm rewards dont even work. Ie meta xp, control sigil got nerfed, but if it still helps level 7 metas cool. However.... I hate to say this, but he's right. The rewards arent worth joining factions for currently. The risk of getting zerged down just isnt worth the "reward".

I didn't know about some of them not working, and my point was that pvm incentives don't work as motivation to pvp. So suggesting more pvm/gold incentives for factions is dumb.

While Adam did a great job with the current faction system, it was flawed from the start.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
PVM incentives arent the same thing as gold/silver incentives -- i know a ton of people who could give 2 fucks about meta pet shit but I dont know a single person who wouldnt want more gold.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
or a better idea would be to split up the huge zerg guilds into smaller group and have a team in every faction.

Once CoM apologizes for talking all that IRL shit talk, especially when they incessantly made fun of a member with a disability, and disbands their zerg putting the TB members back in TB, then I will consider something like this.

Jack Merr

Grandmaster
too bad, looks like that 2% are Adam & Shane. The saddest thing is actually seeing pvp changes implemented as soon as eqms cry.

.. are you ready for bolas?
Its unreal... well then again EQMS has an ally named MALES who has a player that is the "PVP Manager."

Jack Merr

Grandmaster
Once CoM apologizes for talking all that IRL shit talk, especially when they incessantly made fun of a member with a disability, and disbands their zerg putting the TB members back in TB, then I will consider something like this.
Oh no. We got in the big trouble for posting those pics of Azria. I mean that was hilarious tho.