Promoting healthy and fun PvP

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
I said pay me a mil and you will get your shot at the king. Would Lebron James waste his time playing 1 on 1 vs high school kids?

Loakes

Grandmaster
You "zerg" too m8 except we dont cry about it.

Any PVPer who factions, a system designed for end game PVP, should be able to handle anything that comes your way. Sorry those of us who faction and factioned on uoforever would like faction PVP here to not be complete trash.

@Loakes youve never thrown a bola or used any wand but an ID wand(keep in mind wands for factions isnt something proposed) yet you comment as if you know what youre talking about?

LMAO ill adapt to any changes made on this server... Bottom line is this.. bolas + you running with 15+ people on the Reg is going to be lame for anyone on this server..

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
LMAO ill adapt to any changes made on this server... Bottom line is this.. bolas + you running with 15+ people on the Reg is going to be lame for anyone on this server..

When you run with 14 people, you cannot cry about numbers. If you cant handle bolas and group fighting, dont faction.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
If you can't figure out how to stop people running without crying to your personal GM, don't fight in factions.

Or you know, the shard could implement the mechanics OSI and every other shard did to stop endless running. Keep in mind this is for factions only -- PVErs need not worry about this stuff being used by PKs.

Messremb

Grandmaster
Or you know, the shard could implement the mechanics OSI and every other shard did to stop endless running. Keep in mind this is for factions only -- PVErs need not worry about this stuff being used by PKs.
Osi also brought us trammel and item insurance and artifacts. You really going to try and use that argument?

There are mechanics in place already, your noobs are just bad and you to lazy to teach them, or you are bad yourself.

Did I hear dodge again?

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Osi also brought us trammel and item insurance and artifacts. You really going to try and use that argument?

There are mechanics in place already, your noobs are just bad and you to lazy to teach them, or you are bad yourself.

Theres a reason you see faction groups like POWER and EQMS asking for a fix to the endless running that fights turn into. Many PVPers have quit because PVP here is a nonstop marathon and because faction PVP here isnt what uoforever used to be. They fixed spell damage, they fixed pet PVP, they just need to fix endless running and things will be in a good place PVP wise.

Messremb

Grandmaster
Theres a reason you see faction groups like POWER and EQMS asking for a fix to the endless running that fights turn into. Many PVPers have quit because PVP here is a nonstop marathon and because faction PVP here isnt what uoforever used to be. They fixed spell damage, they fixed pet PVP, they just need to fix endless running and things will be in a good place PVP wise.
This its what you said about every change your tears have brought!

I told you i'm willing to put a mil on the duel and even give yours back if you lose, so what is your dodge excuse now?

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
This its what you said about every change your tears have brought!

I told you i'm willing to put a mil on the duel and even give yours back if you lose, so what is your dodge excuse now?

You pay me 1mil for the chance at defeating a UO hall of famer, same policy I had on uoforever. PM if you want to discuss the 1v1 further so we can keep this thread on track with the OPs suggestions.

Trying to improve PVP on UOF isnt crying, crying is what people do when they are getting shit on and find it unfair. The changes I have promoted for PVP have been the following:

1. Spell Damage Fixed -- people cried against it, its in place, and PVP is 10x better
2. All Guard me bug -- people cried against it being fixed, its in place and PVP is 10x better
3. Endless running -- only a fool would think 20 minute marathons in factions is "fun and healthy pvp", bolas are coming for factions
4. AoE spells being fixed -- theyre worthless now and would help new players be able to hang in PVP, only CoM cried against this one, never implemented

Messremb

Grandmaster
You pay me 1mil for the chance at defeating a UO hall of famer, same policy I had on uoforever. PM if you want to discuss the 1v1 further so we can keep this thread on track with the OPs suggestions.

Trying to improve PVP on UOF isnt crying, crying is what people do when they are getting shit on and find it unfair. The changes I have promoted for PVP have been the following:

1. Spell Damage Fixed -- people cried against it, its in place, and PVP is 10x better
2. All Guard me bug -- people cried against it being fixed, its in place and PVP is 10x better
3. Endless running -- only a fool would think 20 minute marathons in factions is "fun and healthy pvp", bolas are coming for factions
4. AoE spells being fixed -- theyre worthless now and would help new players be able to hang in PVP, only CoM cried against this one, never implemented
Can't back up your own shit talk, the only hall of fame you are in is the dodge hall of fame, and everyone here can see a trammy, pve, rda only player making the great gluttony shake in his boots.

Keep pretending you guys don't cry to gms to try and get shit changed to suit your plat style. You are nothing but a big baby with a bunch of, scared to learn to pvp, noobs at your back.

You should be thanking loakes for even bothering to fight you while you have a GM in your pocket changing the game to fit your idea of pvp. He is a better man by far, and doesn't cry for changes every chance he gets.

P.S. You will get your mil if you beat me, if you lose you were not as good as you claimed, and who pays a mil too fight some no namer who thinks he is a God?

Last edited by a moderator:

Bobby123

Grandmaster
Can't back up your own shit talk, the only hall of fame you are in is the dodge hall of fame, and everyone here can see a trammy, pve, rda only player making the great gluttony shake in his boots.

Keep pretending you guys don't cry to gms to try and get shit changed to suit your plat style. You are nothing but a big baby with a bunch of, scared to learn to pvp, noobs at your back.

You should be thanking loakes for even bothering to fight you while you have a GM in your pocket changing the game to fit your idea of pvp. He is a better man by far, and doesn't cry for changes every chance he gets.

P.S. You will get your mil if you beat me, if you lose you were not as good as you claimed, and who pays a mil too fight some no namer who thinks he is a God?

my sentiments exactly !

lol !

GLUTT getting owned by messermb !

Cheapsuit

Master
It does seem like they need to tweak spell dmg for lower circle spells. Almost seems pointless to cast anything other then explo, eb, and lit. Makes it boring and I feel as if I'm getting worse at dueling. Maybe I should switch my magic arrow and harm hotkeys to fireball. Would also be nice to hit gheal spell and be able to punch/disrupt the opponents spell while waiting for the target to come up.

Anything else? Would you like ebolt spell damage doubled as well?

Cheapsuit

Master
You claim i'm not a pvper and so shouldn't be commenting, i'm giving you a chance to prove you are right. You wanna put a mil on it i'm down for that, I will even give it back if you lose. So what excuse will you use now?

If you really are the guy training the next generation of pvpers then beating one pve, trammy, who only does rdas should be easy.

You called me out for not pvping and I sacked up and said prove it, and now your balls are in your mouth and all I hear is dodge

I can appreciate the hair on Messremb sack for wanting to duel glut but at the same time I can also appreciate the fact that Glutt simply has more to lose in dueling him. Mess basically has nothing to lose image wise and all the pressure would be on Glutts. It's the same thing with a lot of boxing matchups and in most cases the bout never happens.

Messremb

Grandmaster
I can appreciate the hair on Messremb sack for wanting to duel glut but at the same time I can also appreciate the fact that Glutt simply has more to lose in dueling him. Mess basically has nothing to lose image wise and all the pressure would be on Glutts. It's the same thing with a lot of boxing matchups and in most cases the bout never happens.
A mil and never talking in pvp thread is nothing to lose? Besides, i'm just a trammy nonpvper.

Kilike

Grandmaster
Oh and calling it now. Other factions will lose the little interest they have and leave. Then glutt will DEMAND I mean CRY that he needs bolas for non factions as well, and the only people to back him will be other EQMS.... Ya know like now.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
"Adapt to running" -- why would anyone want to adapt to endless running in PVP? As the title of this thread said, it is the goal to improve PVP mechanics so that UOF PVP is fun and healthy.

Thats like saying "adapt to the horrible weak spell damage" from 2 months ago. We are trying to improve PVP here for the sake of the shard... and providing solutions that dont impact the PVE playerbase at all.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
This server has a thriving PvE scene, but the PvP is abhorrent. However, I've seen the dedication and talent the staff have here and I'm confident with some healthy discussion and suggestion, it can be made great. These suggestions are what I would consider a jump in the proper direction.

Running until the person pursuing gets bored should not be a viable tactic.

Especially true in faction PVP where you shouldnt join unless you are looking for consensual PVP.

Kilike

Grandmaster
"Adapt to running" -- why would anyone want to adapt to endless running in PVP? As the title of this thread said, it is the goal to improve PVP mechanics so that UOF PVP is fun and healthy.

Thats like saying "adapt to the horrible weak spell damage" from 2 months ago. We are trying to improve PVP here for the sake of the shard... and providing solutions that dont impact the PVE playerbase at all.
You fail to understand how anything work's glutt.. This will in the end trickle over to pvers. One of two things happens.

This change is considered good and you then all cry that it needs to be in the game in every fashion.

OR it ends badly because you out number people so bad that other factions quit and you win..... Meaning now all of your time is focused on zerging pve players. Which will no doubt bring about new changes.

I've never been against bolas. You and I actually talked about this in mumble and I brought up the idea to slow rather then dismount. However my time running with you guys I never seen anyone use cutoff runes... Why is that? You commented earlier about being rewarded for being prepared. Well why isnt eqms being prepared for this? Your whole zerg doesnt even need them. Just a few guys.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Running until the person pursuing gets bored should not be a viable tactic.

Just trying to make PVP mechanics better here than it was on uoforever.

We use cut off runes all the time however, its not like we're chasing 1 person though -- the entire premise is that large faction fights(group vs group) encourages running from the getgo. Thats why bolas were implemented on OSI and everywhere else, because "Running until the person pursuing gets bored should not be a viable tactic."