Priest Talisman (healer/support)

Rubeido

Apprentice
I love to heal. I am a healer at heart. I'm a good guy and I love to play support roles. I also think that it adds more strategy to the game. Promotes teamworks, and it just feels good to have a pat on the back, when someone exclaims you saved their life. I suggest a talisman that emphasizes this style of play. I also would suggest that you implement scoring for healing done in champion spawns, instead of only focused on damage, so I can get score for playing support roles.

ok so for the talisman passive. Increase the amount of healing done by greater heal/heal by 200%(maybe more/less, this would be to allow you to heal pets/summons for large amounts. Healing a meta pet for 200-300 damage or something..)

just like the meta mage, we will need a reduced cost on spells. Cant spam greater heal/heal/cures etc. without lowered mana cost. I suggest though make it apply ONLY to healing spells, and make it much more than just the regular talisman. Making greater heal only cost a negligible amount of mana. Making healing spam almost non stop. to compensate for not having the mana cost reduction on your other spells, perhaps remove the reg cost for only healing type spells. SO you don't have to carry around 1k of each healing reg while healing in champs or boss fights.

ok so for the relics
relic #1- simple, make healing done, aoe. I suggest making the aoe very large. Where it just heals everyone in a large radius. I personaly would say to make this have no cooldown, but perhaps a 30 second cooldown, reduced to 10 at level 10 ten.

relic#2- makes it so casting greater heal/heal also cures the target of poison. This would eliminate having to stop healing in order to switch to a cure, and then you accidently lose someone. The cure obviously should happen first, then the heal, so that the healing stick, and isn't blocked by the poison.

relic#3 - and aoe resurrection. would be pretty cool to rez multiple people with a single cast if everything goes to pot in a boss fight.

relic#4-changes your summon daemon, into summon angel. This would be a reskinned daemon, with the exact stats of a revivified deamon, as per the meta mage talisman. Likewise have it cast healing spells, instead of damage spells.

Rubeido

Apprentice
I'd love to see it, but how do you make this without people abusing it in PVP?
currently talismans don't work in pvp. Since this is a priest roleplaying aspect, I would suggest that the healing bonuses be deactivated when used on anyone who is grey/red. Where it only applies to blues, or people with positive karma. If your a criminal, or pker attacking a friend in a dungeon, who is blue. Then the healing should still work with the talisman in order to keep your friend alive who did nothing wrong. You could set a condition in the code though that the talisman be deactivated during militia engagements, but in pvp encounters the party who flags grey would not receive the benefit while the party who maintains blue would still have it. This also would be an acceptable deterrent to discourage pking. But I imagine that like in almost all games, healing isn't a popular choice. Healers using the priest talisman would likely be a minority.

Rubeido

Apprentice
lol

this wpuld get abused as fuck
not really, as ive stated, youd have to be the blue party, this would mean if you wanted to abuse it, then you would have to find some way to get the other party to flag somehow. Not an easy task by any means. If your the aggressor, then you deserve to have your brains beat in anyways for just being a jerk.

girana

Grandmaster
not really, as ive stated, youd have to be the blue party, this would mean if you wanted to abuse it, then you would have to find some way to get the other party to flag somehow. Not an easy task by any means. If your the aggressor, then you deserve to have your brains beat in anyways for just being a jerk.

uo flagging dont work that easy.

if you want to play "support" do it you dint need a tali for that.

Rubeido

Apprentice
uo flagging dont work that easy.

if you want to play "support" do it you dint need a tali for that.
You can but not effectively. Have you tried spam greater heal on a meta pet while it tanked a lordl of the abyss paragon? Lich Khan? Arch demond?

Thats like sayings you dont need berserker to melee. You dont need meta mage to do damagedd. Just melee without it. If you want to melee.

Fuschino

Adept
I love this idea. I agree with others that it has the potential to be exploited, but all tallies have that potential and the staff has work to try to minimize it. I would love to see a healing tally.

PhireHawk

Adept
No issue with a healing talisman, but just restricting it to "blue" players isn't going to cut it. As @girana this would be greatly abused in PvP. There would need to be some sort of code written to identify a player as either attacking, or being attacked in a PvP situation making them ineligible for the benefits.

Rubeido

Apprentice
No issue with a healing talisman, but just restricting it to "blue" players isn't going to cut it. As @girana this would be greatly abused in PvP. There would need to be some sort of code written to identify a player as either attacking, or being attacked in a PvP situation making them ineligible for the benefits.
Perhaps, but would people even bother in pvp. No use for a healer when your jist one shot by a group. 5x mage Corp por

Silex

Apprentice
good idea bro it will be awsome to see that a day. i love Healing too but i didnt do that in champs because it's d'ont give me point.

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
You know what I find amusing, a defense dexxer with slayer armor, can tank that slayer paragon better than a meta pet...

I already play the healer role in most guild activities we do.. since that's my playstyle..

With that said, this is exploitable.. in a major way.. and you can't disable it for all PvP, because a player who doesn't attack back doesn't flag.. and if a blue is the aggressor on a red, why should he still get heals?

The reality is the best thing you could do to promote a healer class is give a relic that procs faster mana regen for 10 secs when healing another target.. because while it could affect PvP, it can't increase the alpha to the heal.. of course disabled if you flag or cast on someone who's flagged..

Rubeido

Apprentice
You know what I find amusing, a defense dexxer with slayer armor, can tank that slayer paragon better than a meta pet...

I already play the healer role in most guild activities we do.. since that's my playstyle..

With that said, this is exploitable.. in a major way.. and you can't disable it for all PvP, because a player who doesn't attack back doesn't flag.. and if a blue is the aggressor on a red, why should he still get heals?

The reality is the best thing you could do to promote a healer class is give a relic that procs faster mana regen for 10 secs when healing another target.. because while it could affect PvP, it can't increase the alpha to the heal.. of course disabled if you flag or cast on someone who's flagged..
If your red, your a murderer and a deserve to be at a disadvantage such is the penalty for being evil. Would you stand up for the rights of a murderer in real life ?? There's a reason our world isnt a post apocalyptic dystopia with murderers freely running around like everyday is the purge. Any system thatt gives being red a disadvantage is one step closer to bringing the game back to the original uo days when the moment you flagged everyone swarmed you like bees, and u had the fear of god that youd not accidently flag.

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
I'm all about disadvantaging reds through punishments, and forcing them to work their chars to stay at max efficiency ie. 1% perm statloss, vs 48 hours temp statloss.

But disadvantaging them in any PvP fight is just wrong.. the disadvantages are already numbers, any one can jump them during a fight without consequence..