Price Check on Snd

tankian

Grandmaster
I bought it was either 100 or 200 sand for 2k. Thete migjt be more on the vendor . I'll look tomorrow

I thought it was about 200-500 gp per pile. You have to be a gm miner and you have to buy a book on how to do it before you can even get started. It took me several hours to gather 100 piles of sand. I could make more than 2k for that time even farming earth elementals.

So I put my sand up for sale last night at 325gp a piece which is about 32,500. Who knows if it will sale, but it seems reasonable for the grinding it took me to dig it up.

PekatronIII

Grandmaster
@Dax_VonRoof http://www.uoforum.com/threads/guide-resource-mod-default-prices.60640/
smlpeka.png

Mining for sand sucks, to put it gently. I spent about 4 hours, give or take, to dig up 100 piles of sand. If I sell them for 325 gp per, that's still only 8k per hour for my time. I can make 8k an hour even just farming top level in Shame... and that's including reds chasing me all over the place.

And really a miner is going to have to spend his first two hours mining sand for free to make up the cost of buying the skill book.

If sand is valued at less than 200 gp per pile then I've wasted my gold unlocking that skill.

PekatronIII

Grandmaster
Mining for sand sucks, to put it gently. I spent about 4 hours, give or take, to dig up 100 piles of sand. If I sell them for 325 gp per, that's still only 8k per hour for my time. I can make 8k an hour even just farming top level in Shame... and that's including reds chasing me all over the place.

And really a miner is going to have to spend his first two hours mining sand for free to make up the cost of buying the skill book.

If sand is valued at less than 200 gp per pile then I've wasted my gold unlocking that skill.
mee.png
bla bla bla...... offtop and nothing more
facepalm.png

but your opinion very important
mini-happy.png
... oh wait
trollface.png