Poker Bug - Straight Flush loses to a Flush?? Since when?

Lobstarr

Master
Anyways, so after talking with a counselor, and Adam saying that there are no refunds on anything related to poker, I'm still kinda peeved that there was still no threads about the hand/bug at issue.

After the conversation, I was a bit confused if this was being worked on or being worked on after I had reported it. The counselor made it seem that it was a KNOWN issue (forgive me if this was lost in text) and the programmers were working on it. If so, why wasn't it reported at least in a thread - the very least, it wouldn't have harmed anyone in this case.

So my feathers are a bit rustled losing 100k, ooooOOOo - but I mean I've only started here about 3 weeks and that's a good chunk of change just starting out.

Don't really appreciate the attitude as well. As the counselor put it "Do you know how HARD it is to program poker?". Of course I don't, but assuming that if you are introducing this mini-game into the UO world you would have to have included all the hands that make up the game as it stands. That's the assumption all players would take on playing the game.

Hopefully my loss is someones knowledge for future hands and good thing the dono table hasnt started yet.

Cheers

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
Please tell us if Hipt was man enough to give you the pot.

Phylyn Rahl, Eugene the Weak, Mysthran, Mysthrana, Norah Winehouse, StevieRayVaughan, VFingerDiscount

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
He should hit you up and deliver the check. Regardless of what the dealer did you won that hand.

Phylyn Rahl, Eugene the Weak, Mysthran, Mysthrana, Norah Winehouse, StevieRayVaughan, VFingerDiscount

Lobstarr

Master
I tried searching the forums and IRC but couldn't find him anywhere. If anyone knows his alt nicks on either, please let me know! Worth a try I guess.

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
Just check around the tables and party chat him, he plays there a lot.

kurtis

Grandmaster
LoL, just came back from a long hiatus and this thread kind of cracked me up, sorry to say. That definitely sucks. It would be one thing if there was no record of it. Then I could see the GM's just shrugging their shoulders. But that link you showed makes it plain as day that you just got robbed because the hand structure wasn't properly coded. I'd be frustrated too.

Thanks for sharing. Until I see a patch I'll be any straight flushes accordingly (if I even get one).

Staff

Young Player Help
Everyone knows poker is in an experimental stage right now. You agree to it every time you join a poker table. I'm looking at it and I'll fix it in a bit. Regardless, there is a disclaimer and it says no refunds. If you were playing poker, then you have agreed to this disclaimer.