Poison

Cheapsuit

Master
I don't really know where to start with this thread so I'll just speak my own sentiments and hope for the best outcome. I personally just don't think a dexxer with no skill points in poison should be able to inflict poison with his weapon and someone with 100 skill points in poison should have a larger advantage than 25% higher "chance" to inflict poison than someone who has 0 skill points in the skill.

100 points is a big sacrifice, not to mention it's probably the second hardest and painful skill to raise just after taming. I feel this change would make the true assassin more viable if the skill got a real boost and was taken away from the freeloaders.

It is powerful because poisoning skill was never intended to have any advantage on the field, but it does on uof. You want to make it even more powerful and make non poisoners unable to use poisoned weapons as they have for the past 18 years?

Cheapsuit

Master
It was actually taken away from non poisoners on osi in the early 2000's... but an assassin cant tame an animal with zero taming so why should everyone benefit from assassin's supposedly best skill?

Cheapsuit

Master
No I'm not trolling at all, I'm dead serious that a person with ZERO skill points shouldn't be able to inflict poison using a weapon. Why would you think that was a troll?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cheapsuit

Master
The only reason I said give it a boost is so that someone with 100 skill points would have a better advantage than someone with zero points. 25% higher chance isn't enough for 100 points vs zero points.

Cheapsuit

Master
Ok so don't boost it but at least take it away from the freeloaders that way the 100 skill points has a real advantage over zero skill points. The real gripe here isn't that poison is weak, the gripe is that only getting a 25% higher "chance" than someone with zero points is weak.

Cheapsuit

Master
I may not pvp as much as you but I haven't seen poison to be anywhere near OP here... If you're talking about an alcy/poisoner, then maybe the alcy is OP and not the poison itself?

Derwolf

Grandmaster
No I'm not trolling at all, I'm dead serious that a person with ZERO skill points shouldn't be able to inflict poison using a weapon. Why would you think that was a troll?

anyone can cast nox or roll around with poison a weapon(weapon must be noxed with a char with gm poisoning)

with that being said, at gm nox you get bonus effects like % increase to apply poison on hit and if you cast nox with a nox mage it can't be resisted, if you don't have gm poisining you dont get any of these bonuses, making the 100 extra skill points totally worth it. nox mages are absolute beasts in group fights if you can time a nox in a drop and nox dexxers shine 1v1, 2v2's, 3v3s + solo pking.

Derwolf

Grandmaster
I may not pvp as much as you but I haven't seen poison to be anywhere near OP here... If you're talking about an alcy/poisoner, then maybe the alcy is OP and not the poison itself?

2v2ed the scrub russians not too long ago while they were on nox alchy dexxers and they dropped my mate because their damage output was insane + he got noxxed when he was at 20% health and didn't allow me to get my gheal off before he died.

RIP DUNSWORTH

Cheapsuit

Master
anyone can cast nox or roll around with poison a weapon(weapon must be noxed with a char with gm poisoning)

with that being said, at gm nox you get bonus effects like % increase to apply poison on hit and if you cast nox with a nox mage it can't be resisted, if you don't have gm poisining you dont get any of these bonuses, making the 100 extra skill points totally worth it. nox mages are absolute beasts in group fights if you can time a nox in a drop and nox dexxers shine 1v1, 2v2's, 3v3s + solo pking.
So a nox Mage can't fail to poison his target but a nox dexxer can. Got it.

Derwolf

Grandmaster
So a nix Mage can't fail to poison his target but a nix dexxer can. Got it.

lol i wish you would think and come back with some counter arguments before you just run under the hoop and let me forum dunk on you all day.

An alchy dexxer can swing a katana at insanely fast speed, with no mana costs, and won't stop swinging unless they're dead. Alchy dexxers can do all these things while hitting you for a consistent 15-25 with my vanq and lobbin' 25 dmg xplos.

A nox mage has a 2-2.5 second cast time, it can be disrupted, the spell costs mana, it can be cured with one cure pot, and really only shines in larges group fights of 3+.

Derwolf

Grandmaster
But this topic isn't about an alchemist. Alchemy is powerful on any template.

nox dexxer with hiding is a god among dungeon pks,they crush solo in dungeons and field its almost impossible to kill. If we had bolas here i would play this template every time i logged in.

nox mages are great for group fights.

nox alchy dexxers are the best 1v1 template on the server.

That's 3 really effective templates that i listed that all have gm poisoning and only one has alchy.