Please remove dex loss from chain and ring...

Wizx13

Grandmaster
This is from a shop owners perspective. Dragon scale and bone armor are both zero dex loss now. The smith dex suit sits at -3. Since the changes I have 9 vendors that just hold smith armor. I used to sell quite a large volume prior to this. Please put 0 dex in for smith dex suits again, a entire market is suffering because of it :(

Last edited by a moderator:

The Gandin

Grandmaster
This should be moved to Suggestions & Ideas. @Skye Wolfbane

Also don't really understand why remove that? I mean is plate going to be the next thing? Then soon people will complain that they should be able to med through heavier armors. And stealthers will then want to be able to stealth with heavier armor on. There has to be consequences for certain things to balance out what is used and not used.

Wizx13

Grandmaster
This should be moved to Suggestions & Ideas. @Skye Wolfbane

Also don't really understand why remove that? I mean is plate going to be the next thing? Then soon people will complain that they should be able to med through heavier armors. And stealthers will then want to be able to stealth with heavier armor on. There has to be consequences for certain things to balance out what is used and not used.
Why remove it on everything except smith dex? These suits used to be 0 then got changed to -3 when they changed bone armor. Now bone is back to 0 and smith dex remains -3

Plate is fine like it is.

halygon

Grandmaster
One might argue that all armor except leather needs some dex loss. They might also argue that since there is such high end armor that has no dex loss that dexxors are less effective and 1h weapons are much less used than 2h weapons for this reason.

Along these lines, one might argue that instead of removing more dex loss, that it should be added to other armor types.

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
Barbed Bone and Dragon Armor would be let's say Batman's new armor vs his old Ring/Chain/Plate there should be dex loss not much but some depending on the part.

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
Also keep in mind that bone has a lot less durability, takes more to craft, and isn't as restricting as Plate/Iron based armors. Dragon Armor (since dragons are cool magical creatures) having no dex loss makes sense plus the moving in them must be like rain.

Wizx13

Grandmaster
From a mercantile stand point it kills a big market and thus lessening the positive effect of crafted armor shops.

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
"AR" shouldn't be a factor when it comes to dex loss or use of dex it would mute the point of "magical armor". However in this game "AR" does screw with hiding, stealth, and whatever else.

Just because your store isn't selling ringmail or chainmail doesn't mean it doesn't weigh a lot or sucks to move in. Sorry you don't have me sold here.

People who do take the dex penalties do get more durability. Have you ever looked at the durability of these items after you make them?

Wizx13

Grandmaster
The point that you miss is the market that is affected and the suppliers that feed it. This is why true crafting shops are rare on this server. Ive burnt out countless "hardcore" miners just doing dex suits alone. No one on this server stocks the volume of crafted armor that I do. I still stock the smith dex but now I restock once a month instead of multiple times a week. Most of the other dedicated crafters like me have all but given up on this industry.

Tantreghan

Grandmaster
this is a tough one in my opinion. I dont use chainmail etc on my dexxer because of the dex loss especially when i need my dex cause i have int i need. i always wore chain before. so yes i dont buy it anymore. that being said, that was along time ago and if i need a suit of anything i just make it on my crafter and i feel ther are allot more crafters now then there was, so that will dampen the sales also. Having other sets of armor that work great for a dexxer i would maybe try making those sets now?

this being said, i hate to see an armor become totally useless if its part of the game. maybe higer end chainmail (val or verite etc) could have no dex loss? or maybe a smith could add "mithril" to chainmail that eliminates dex loss (maybe a chance to mine as a 120 miner instead of a drop so crafters dont have to have alts get it)

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
I'm a crafter. I know the struggle and I know some have even stopped all together.
Honestly if you want something to blame for the lack of interest in armors is the talisman system.

Wizx13

Grandmaster
I'm a crafter. I know the struggle and I know some have even stopped all together.
Honestly if you want something to blame for the lack of interest in armors is the talisman system.
Remove the -3 and problem is solved. Only armor it will leave useless is plate...which is useless anyways due to thr massive dex loss. Horned runic bone is same ar as inv plate. Only diff is bone is 0 dex loss.