Please limit global messages a bit..

Jakaro

Master
Don't get me wrong, I truly appreciate being kept informed of the random events taking place on the server, but last night, the global messages went quite overboard. At one point, I was receiving roughly one message every 20-30 seconds for the random tournaments/test server/etc, plus a link asking to open my browser at the same time, all in the middle of a pretty intense PvP battle I was a part of, causing me to be unable to hit my target as a result of text and browser gumps all over the place. Global messages should be used sparingly. For event advertisement, that is what town criers are for. Don't hate on me por favor, because you know I love you guys and this server. I also know there is an ignore option for these messages, but again, I do appreciate being kept informed, just not as much.

Lavos

Master
It's great to see PvP/server events happening frequently, I just wish all of the messages were broadcast in the bottom left, and not above my avatar's head. It's impossible to have a conversation with anyone in game when these announcements are happening

Nihilism

Grandmaster
Not a very common thing. I'm sure they were just really trying to get the message across that they wanted as many accounts logged into the test server as possible. Didn't require people to actively do anything, but for stress testing, they just wanted as many people to 'help' them/us (server as a whole) get some good info.

Staff

Young Player Help
This has only been occurring when we try to get people on the test center. If more people would help contribute to the testing, we wouldn't have to do that. Look at it this way, we can either spam to get people on test center for an hour or we can take the live server down and continue to test on there. Which would you rather have?

wreckognize

Grandmaster
live server down and not saving, on a schedule :D woot :D
also, one suggestion here was for messages to appear in the bottom right corner of screen, would that be possible?

Staff

Young Player Help
We have a new way of displaying messages in the new core. Staff messages will appear in the upper left corner and are persistent until right clicked.

Riversilk

Master
We have a new way of displaying messages in the new core. Staff messages will appear in the upper left corner and are persistent until right clicked.

this seems a nice solution, as long as links to website/forum are displayed in this way too.
The current gump hides too much of my uo playing area now...