Please accept BITCOINS for donations!!

Bromista

Grandmaster
Feels strongly indeed.

I guess I misspoke earlier when I said I have an imagination. Early adopters are the ones with the imagination, however I am grounded in reality. Allow me to explain:

I get it. You're young and hip. You want to be on the cutting edge which means you are going to need to be an early adopter. If you're an ealy adopter of something that is not widely accepted you arr gonna get some funny looks.

Potato, you're gonna need to get used to that reality. You did not handle yourself well here. All I said was lol @ BitCoin and you started right in with the personal attacks. Not a good look for you.

Now that the almighty Shane has spoken, are you gonna call him the dumbest person on the foums also or is that title reserved solely for me?

Get a grip and don't attack people that don't wanna jump on your sinking ship. Again, cryptocurrency is a novel idea and you're ahead of the pack. Expect some rough seas for a couple decades, brotha.

Potato

Neophyte
The sad thing is you guys don't even get it. The shard takes no risk in bitcoin and receives more USD for donations of the same value.

Also, yes I will say everything Shane said about bitcoin was completely inaccurate and clearly spoken from an ignorant tongue. Some people just need to have things shoved down their throats before they get it. I'll talk to you guys in a few years?

Enjoy.

Staff

Young Player Help
Pretty simply this won't happen.
I don't trust bitcoin, and they've gotten a ton of bad publicity lately as well. Early adapters of bit coin apparrently had it best, however from what i "hear" obtaining bitcoin right now is pretty pointless and people are hoarding it like an investment instead of a currency. Also the fact that people are trying to find any means at all to get rid of it is a pretty big red flag.

Sell your bitcoins, then donate through paypal - Problem solved.

This is my issue with bitcoin so far. People see it as an investment vehicle instead of a true currency. It is more akin to something like gold than it is to a currency. Until then, I'll take my fiat currency please!

Still though, it might be a good idea to take bitcoin..there is really nothing to lose. Virtual money for some virtual items, it is a win-win scenario.

The reason?????? Well because currency straight into a checking account is much sweeter then a virtual item.... a bitcoin. < Ignorance?? not really just truth.

Potato

Neophyte
The reason?????? Well because currency straight into a checking account is much sweeter then a virtual item.... a bitcoin. < Ignorance?? not really just truth.
You obviously aren't following.. Did anyone even read the posts? You are all equally illiterate.

Let me spell it out - THE SHARD ONLY RECEIVES US DOLLARS DEPOSITED STRAIGHT INTO A BANK ACCOUNT. $10 WORTH OF BTC DONATED = $9.90 US DOLLARS DEPOSITED.

At this point I'm over it lol... Forget it seriously...

You obviously aren't following.. Did anyone even read the posts? You are all equally illiterate.

Let me spell it out - THE SHARD ONLY RECEIVES US DOLLARS DEPOSITED STRAIGHT INTO A BANK ACCOUNT. $10 WORTH OF BTC DONATED = $9.90 US DOLLARS DEPOSITED.

At this point I'm over it lol... Forget it seriously...
Currency Deposited= Currency Deposited
BTC= Virtual Item
Converting BTC to Currency<<< another step that most people whether lazy or not... do not care to learn or care to know cuz ... money < Straight Currency talks... and ... well Mr. Extra step bullshit walks

wreckognize

Grandmaster

man why would anyone want to buy something they don't even need for ten cents?
I think you need to go back and read the entire thread and then see if you feel any differently, maybe you're missing something?
hey! lol, if anyone wants they could slip all kinds of ten cents in my inbox im down
and dude theres no reason to get upset i think youre just missing something thats all

HighIntentions

Neophyte
I think you need to go back and read the entire thread and then see if you feel any differently, maybe you're missing something?
hey! lol, if anyone wants they could slip all kinds of ten cents in my inbox im down
and dude theres no reason to get upset i think youre just missing something thats all

seems legit

Potato

Neophyte
dude..... you never go full *.

kurtis

Grandmaster

"Buy" something? What are you talking about? I think YOU need to go back and read.

Do you understand that every transaction has a fee? Paypal is not a free service. They charge a fee. Converting Bitcoin transactions is not a free service. They charge a fee. The cost of doing transactions through paypal is more than the cost of doing transactions with bitcoin. Bitcoin would take 10 cents on a $10 transaction, whereas Paypal would take 30 cents. That's where his "ten cents" number came from. He was presenting an illustration to make it easier to understand. I own a small business and a portion of our revenue stream comes from online sales. While the difference between a 1% fee and a 3% fee doesn't sound like much, it really does make a difference over time. If 100% of my company's revenues were online transactions (like UOF), I would jump at any opportunity to lower fees.

Shane has made his stance clear, and I respect that. But based on what he articulated, his logic seems misguided. It's irrelevant that certain people are "hoarding" bitcoins as an investment, hoping the value goes up. Nobody is forcing you to do that. Simply execute an instantaneous cash-out on your bitcoins and take on the 1% fee (which, again, is a lesser fee than paypal). And this is all done through software so there is no extra "work" here. The money shows up in your bank account the same as paypal - but with less fees taken out.

Asking Potato to cash out his bitcoins and then donate through paypal defeats the entire purpose of bitcoin. That would mean that Potato has to take on a 1% fee for the conversion, and then Shane has to *still* take on a 3% paypal fee. All that did was add an extra fee! That method is less efficient and more expensive for everyone.

If anyone is here is trying to speculate about the future of bitcoin, and its validity, then you're on the wrong railroad track and you really do not understand what is going on. Sorry to break it to you.

Last edited by a moderator:

MANKRIK

Grandmaster
How is there even an argument against this? And why are people spouting off on some debates about the intrinsic value of digital currency and its future prospects? Who gives a shit?

Put simply (and this has been said many, many times in this thread):
Person who owns some BTC donates. BTC gets converted to USD. Server receives USD. There is no risk.

This falls under the most simplistic solution. Does the owner of the server want to take the step further in converting BTC to Currency? or does the owner want to only receive straight electronic cash transactions. What we say care try to explain on the topic is irrelevant. So... will they take the red pill or blue pill?
Nuff Said.. close it down.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
"Buy" something? What are you talking about? I think YOU need to go back and read.

Do you understand that every transaction has a fee? Paypal is not a free service. They charge a fee. Converting Bitcoin transactions is not a free service. They charge a fee. The cost of doing transactions through paypal is more than the cost of doing transactions with bitcoin. Bitcoin would take 10 cents on a $10 transaction, whereas Paypal would take 30 cents. That's where his "ten cents" number came from. He was presenting an illustration to make it easier to understand. I own a small business and a portion of our revenue stream comes from online sales. While the difference between a 1% fee and a 3% fee doesn't sound like much, it really does make a difference over time. If 100% of my company's revenues were online transactions (like UOF), I would jump at any opportunity to lower fees.

Shane has made his stance clear, and I respect that. But based on what he articulated, his logic seems misguided. It's irrelevant that certain people are "hoarding" bitcoins as an investment, hoping the value goes up. Nobody is forcing you to do that. Simply execute an instantaneous cash-out on your bitcoins and take on the 1% fee (which, again, is a lesser fee than paypal). And this is all done through software so there is no extra "work" here. The money shows up in your bank account the same as paypal - but with less fees taken out.

Asking Potato to cash out his bitcoins and then donate through paypal defeats the entire purpose of bitcoin. That would mean that Potato has to take on a 1% fee for the conversion, and then Shane has to *still* take on a 3% paypal fee. All that did was add an extra fee! That method is less efficient and more expensive for everyone.

If anyone is here is trying to speculate about the future of bitcoin, and its validity, then you're on the wrong railroad track and you really do not understand what is going on. Sorry to break it to you.

that entire quote was formulated to get one last response from potato
turn't a potato into a potatohead gna meen bwai
i wasn't expecting this extra novel tho but ty rofl

kurtis

Grandmaster
that entire quote was formulated to get one last response from potato
turn't a potato into a potatohead gna meen bwai
i wasn't expecting this extra novel tho but ty rofl

I know you were provoking Potato, but I like these kind of discussions. And writing it out really helped me flesh out the logic in my head. It was for me more than anyone :)

Bromista

Grandmaster
Unfortunately for Potato he quoted the work of Ben Stiller, thus invalidating any point he might have been on the way to making.