Player Generated Quests

Donal Toyne

Neophyte
Games today offer various quests as a way to keep users engaged and provide something to look achieve. Implementing a player generated questing system could allow for this with, what I believe, is minimal coding. Below are my thoughts on this. Admittedly its still rough, but the community can hopefully weigh in and help form this into something for everyone.

Purpose:

Quests would provide short term objectives for the RP community to participate in (or non-RP) but also could be used by other guilds as a way to obtain items they need by sourcing it out to various members.

How to Form:

Purchase a quest item (e.g., scroll, deed, any type of item) from either the minter or gold sink vendor. Double clicking the item would allow the player to choose from a bump (similar to crafting menu) with options such as collect X number of X or kill X number of X.

What Are the Quest Rewards:

This is up to the creator. It would require some sort of in-game interaction or discord chat to advise here is what I will give you once you return the completed quest item to me. There should be no set rewards for the quest deeds, meaning you should not get a system generated item (e.g., how bods work) for completing the quest. The creator must provide the reward from their own funds/items and meet the person completing the quest in-game to provide the reward.

How would others obtain quests from creator?

Up to the guild/person using it. Put it in guild chest, on vendor, or trade in person.

Completion of Quests:

It would work like the quest to kill evil monsters for meta talismans or a commodity deed.

Benefits:

This would serve as another gold sink and provide some additional in-game content that the players are responsible for generating. Guilds could use it as a way to gather resources to complete tasks (e.g., gather vanqs for metas, powerscrolls for spiders, resources for crafting, etc).

Sir.

Grandmaster
Not a bad idea, but there's a lot of room for scamming here.

What I'd suggest to avoid scamming is (though it takes some away from the immersion factor in the real time trade) make the pay-off automated:

1. Quest Giver purchase a "Quest Deed"

2. Dbl click deed and gump opens with options
-Gathering Quest (collect x amount of y)
-Hunting Quest (kill x amount of y)

3. Quest Giver chooses reward type
-Item (target cursor appears to select the item to be given upon quest completion automatically)
-Gold (target check and it is applied to the deed and given upon quest completion automatically)

4. Quest Giver chooses duration to complete from the Quest Timer option (can check unlimited time)

5. Quest Giver adds a "Quest Description" (500-1000 character max or something?).. This is where you can be creative!

6. Quest Giver "finalizes" the Quest Deed and can now trade/sell the Quest on their vendor or in person

*note: Any item or check is "suspended" from both the Quest Giver and the Quest Receiver while the quest is "active". If the Quest Timer expires before the quest is complete, the item is returned to the Quest Giver's bank. When the quest is completed, the reward goes into the Quest Receiver's bank.

Basically player-made BOD's... sort of forces a player to get involved and informed on the economy here and prices on resources and such to know if it is more profitable to just mine/harvest and become their own merchant vs a contracted laborer. Some people I think would pay top dollar to have their order filled via quest, and others would try to get you to break your back for peanuts. I love it :D