1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Phylactery of Resilience + Arms Lore

Discussion in 'Player VS Monster' started by RDaneel, Dec 22, 2019.

1. RDaneel

RDaneel Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2014
    Hi,

I have sarted the quest to get the defense talisman for my PvM character.
    And since I've read about the Arms Lore hit chance increase, I wonder if I should drop parrying for it.
    My current template is:
    Swordmanship / Tactics / Anatomy / Parrying / Healing / Magic Resist / Archery

I will not drop Archery, I need long distance attacks.
    All I can drop for Arms Lore in this template is Parrying. All the other skills are essentials.
    But Parrying gives me a 25% chance of blocking (full block, 0 damage) attacks with a shield.
    And it's effective for PvM. I wonder if the Arms Lore gain will worth the loss of 25% blocking ability?

2. King Dingaling

King Dingaling Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2013
    how do you plan using archery with a shield?

Last edited: Dec 22, 2019
  3. RDaneel

Aug 27, 2014
    I switch between shield/sword and bow with a macro.
    I can drag a mob from distance and lesser his strengh then equip my shield and sword and finish it at close range.
    Also, parrying really works when I am surrounded by a lot of creatures, I can see my shield blocking all the attacks and hp don't drop.

Now I wonder if the benefits of arms lore is better than havng the ability to block attacks (for PvM).

4. parsnip

parsnip Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Personally I used Parrying while levelling and I think it is a better choice for Defence. As you are wearing heavy armor with Defence, you can take more punishment than Zerker/Rogue from bigger/tougher monsters. Parrying will help block some of those attacks.

Arms Lore will help increase the chance of hitting the monster. This is more useful, in my opinion, for Zerker/Rogue where you will need to retreat more often because of the high damage taken. With Defence, I found I could just stay there, heal through most of the damage and keep swinging! ;)

That said, I would suggest experimenting! Parrying is super fast to level and Arms Lore can be macro'd easily. Try switching between them and see if you notice a difference.

Happy hunting!

Hydrak likes this.
  5. RDaneel

Aug 27, 2014
    Thank you parsnip. Interesting answer. :)
    I will try and see!

parsnip likes this.
  6. RDaneel

Aug 27, 2014
    I've finally dropped archery. Full warrior.