Petition - Change the alter crystal turn in relic drop rate back to 25%

Should the alter crystals be returned to 25% relic rate and double the boss spawn timer?

• Total voters

Snorlax

Novice
There was a major discussion in the general chat about the alter crystal turn ins. Apparently the drop rate for relics was changed from 25% to 10%. This means if you turn in 10 crystals (which takes a good amount of time to do) you will only be looking at a 2% chance at a relic as opposed to the old rate of 5%.

All the players in the discussion agreed that it would be a much better solution to double the spawn timer of the boss from 8 hours to 16 hours but return the drop rate back to 25%. This way less relics will be dropping than before, but it will still feel like you actually have a chance when you turn in crystals.

Please take a moment to agree / concur or disagree with me below.

Thanks for reading!

Jado

Apprentice
I think 12 hours is OK as all time zones will have equal chance for at least 1 boss. I find 16 can lead to really awkward timing and shut ppl out.

You could tweak it a bit more and make it 12 hours from when the boss is killed. Right now I believe the timer starts counting down from when boss is summoned. So you could spawn a boss leave it for 8 hours. Kill it then turn in 50 right away.

Zoobler

Grandmaster
10% chance of drop rate is rough :/ I know it is rng but I leveled my zerker 1-10 essentially all in destard and farmed crystals before the change. I got 2 relics that way. I was absolutley fine with that but man that was a lot and to drop it to 10% means there would be a good chance that someone could level 1-10 entirely in destard and not get a single one.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Double the spawn timer would probably have to mean double the crystal count at half the % per crystal turned in.

Because you know...the way ppl mob the altar as soon as the timer is up...50 crystals on a double long timer would end up being like the first two ppl to show up every time.

Not quite sure what I would like to see happen one way or another, but for this suggestion I just wanted to call attention to the mobbing of the altar.

I got a relic on crystals during week 1 of the altars being a thing... and I haven't gotten one since and it's quite a few crystals we are talking about here. I suppose anectdotally I don't think the drop rate needed messed with at all, at least until the addition of another boss/altar which seems rather unlikely considering this thread gained 0 traction:

https://www.uoforum.com/threads/take-part-in-creating-the-new-dungeon-bosses.57200/page-2

We did get booty dungeon tho, so what up

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
To be honest, does anyone actually feel that the relics required to get newer players caught up to the farming speed and efficiency of veteran players being in the range of 2-12 million gold is really healthy for the server? Do they feel that's healthy inflation?

Even with the new altars, the drop rate should have been left alone, even if there were too many relics in the market, the worst that happens is the relic costs come down, and the altar content isn't run constantly by the rich veteran players to get richer, and is left for newer players to get their feet wet in the end game.

Jado

Apprentice
To be honest, does anyone actually feel that the relics required to get newer players caught up to the farming speed and efficiency of veteran players being in the range of 2-12 million gold is really healthy for the server? Do they feel that's healthy inflation?

Even with the new altars, the drop rate should have been left alone, even if there were too many relics in the market, the worst that happens is the relic costs come down, and the altar content isn't run constantly by the rich veteran players to get richer, and is left for newer players to get their feet wet in the end game.

Exactly. Lowering the drop rates is only hurting the poorer players and the noobs and I can say that from the other side of the fence having obtained all the relics and metas in the game that I aimed for.

Please refer back to Bobby's guide for noobs it get rich. It was spot on. The altars were the most fair, casual and safe way for noobs, poor ppl and solo players to obtain some sort of wealth and it's been nerfed hard.

The alternative is for these players to get drops from:

- spawns (goodluck with that. Odds are 999 crappy ps and maybe 2 of value)
- rdas (lol trying keeping one where werkd or $n don't find it after 5 mins)
-arch/lich (again, lol if you care to check its usually the same familiar faces in top score. They are always Maxxed out zerkers or mages and their score is well above yours.

Restore the 25%l