Pet Stat loss

Make pet stat loss temporary?

• yes

Votes: 22 53.7%
  • no

Votes: 19 46.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Is this some hidden sex message? Tell us more about your looooggggggggggggssssssssss...

...while contributing something to the thread topic :)
My apologies sir...just that Tyler likes to carry looooggggggssssssss with him when he PvP's which saves my lumberjack time and money.

For the pet stat loss...it wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't so hard to retrain Magery/Resist. The rate at which pet's gain skills is outrageous and takes forever without spending a ton of money on scrolls.

Now for PvP tamers, especially stun tamers, that should not be a thing and they are way to OP. The pets that do the killing should be able to receive murder counts as well as the owners of the pet...but that's another topic altogether.

PvP should be mages/dexxers fighting it out amongst each other...again, another topic.

On topic, it is harsh for the pet stat loss compared to temp loss for a red as a red will be back in game after a stat after 48 hours back where they were...you are lucky to gain part of the skills you lost on your pet back within that same 48 hour timeframe.

#inb4joinfactions

Adramelech

Master
Dexxers have to buy new weapons and armor when they die.. Mages have to travel in groups of at least 2 to be effective against more than 1 opponent unless there is spawn to help plus they have to buy new armor & 80+ pots.. And basically anyone that is pro TEMP stat for pets think they should only lose a few regs when they die... That they shouldn't have to pay shit when their firebreath/fs turrets die & that they should be the #1 money makers AND PVPers. Nahhh.

You already get tram shit like pet balls and level 7 insta kill machines.

Right, we all risk dying and losing our loot. And those "insta kill machines" cost 30 million plus an "unemployed" amount of time to get up to level 7, and still my meta dexer and mage both blows my tamer out of the water when it comes to damage in PVM, and they don't even have all of the relics and cost maybe a 30th of that to get going.

And I lose regs, leather, and loot as well when I get 3v1'd. But that's in addition to the cost for a 2 25k poison skill scrolls, 4 15k Resist scrolls, and 2 15k-12k magery scrolls per both pet's death, ie ~130k, which wouldn't be so terribly bad if they weren't such a PITA to find sometimes, especially poison. And that's every-time they die.

Why do I feel like there are 2-3 PVP tamer d-bags effing it up for every tamer on the server with their all guard fire-breath shenanigans.

Perhaps we could make permanent pet stat loss for PVP only then? So if you are red or in factions you suffer permanent pet stat-loss. and remove the ability for nightmares and meta dragons to fire-breath on "all guard". That means if they "all kill" you for the fire breath their pets will be flagged and will suffer stat loss on death.

God.RG

Grandmaster
Maybe this come up once a month because its unbalanced.
It's not unbalanced. do a little bit of reading and reference what @Swayze posted a couple up.

"Unbalanced" would be tamers, also known as the #1 money makers, the most powerful pvp and pvm template, etc etc, not having any negatives effects when they die. OH NO YOU HAVE TO REFILL REGS. Lol deal with it.. If I actually farmed on my tamer I could make 100k an hour without trying at all. Buy skill scrolls, quit complaining.

God.RG

Grandmaster
Right, we all risk dying and losing our loot. And those "insta kill machines" cost 30 million plus an "unemployed" amount of time to get up to level 7, and still my meta dexer and mage both blows my tamer out of the water when it comes to damage in PVM, and they don't even have all of the relics and cost maybe a 30th of that to get going.

And I lose regs, leather, and loot as well when I get 3v1'd. But that's in addition to the cost for a 2 25k poison skill scrolls, 4 15k Resist scrolls, and 2 15k-12k magery scrolls per both pet's death, ie ~130k, which wouldn't be so terribly bad if they weren't such a PITA to find sometimes, especially poison. And that's every-time they die.

Why do I feel like there are 2-3 PVP tamer d-bags effing it up for every tamer on the server with their all guard fire-breath shenanigans.

Perhaps we could make permanent pet stat loss for PVP only then? So if you are red or in factions you suffer permanent pet stat-loss. and remove the ability for nightmares and meta dragons to fire-breath on "all guard". That means if they "all kill" you for the fire breath their pets will be flagged and will suffer stat loss on death.
Oh so because you wasted so much time and money on it, it should be even more op? Lawl

darthdeus

Journeyman
ie ~130k, which wouldn't be so terribly bad if they weren't such a PITA to find sometimes, especially poison. And that's every-time they die.

130k being OK for dying? Seriously?

Anyway, just wanted to say that the 3 reds that raid you don't have that in their gear combined.

God.RG

Grandmaster

Anyway, just wanted to say that the 3 reds that raid you don't have that in their gear combined.
Yea, it's okay considering how much money you make with it and how fast they can kill players (and players pets)

darthdeus

Journeyman
Oh so because you wasted so much time and money on it, it should be even more op? Lawl

There's one thing about it being OP, and another is annoying the tamers to stop playing tamers. If you die on a dexer, you pick up one of the 30 katanas in your house and keep on going. If you die 10 times, you still have 20 katanas and keep on going, and within a short while you farm up to buy another 10 katanas.

The discussion is imho not about whether lvl7 meta with relics is IP, it's about totally unnecessary annoyance that only tamers face.

darthdeus

Journeyman
Yea, it's okay considering how much money you make with it and how fast they can kill players.

I don't PvP on my tamer, so part of your argument doesn't really apply to me. Anyway, even if I farm balrons and asylum and khaldun, I'll hardly make 130k before I hit 3 oOoOo guys running in my direction with a purple pot already triggered.

Edit: While I'm at this, let me just add. Sure you may be able to farm 100-200k per hour being ultra lucky during the time nobody plays, but what if someone does play and you suddenly lose all that because 5 EQMS decided to jump you in shame 5?

Also keep in mind that not everyone has a lvl7 maxed out meta with 30mil in their bank. There are newbie tamers like me who are lucky enough to have a death beetle and a lvl3 meta, and my WW almost never goes over 70 magic resist, because I just can't afford it. If you're optimizing the game, it shouldn't be just optimized towards the top 3% of the server imho. From what I've heard, there are about 30 lvl7 metas in total on the whole server.

Last edited by a moderator:

God.RG

Grandmaster
It's not.
lol i have played here since you have no reference needed
That makes no sense.
There's one thing about it being OP, and another is annoying the tamers to stop playing tamers. If you die on a dexer, you pick up one of the 30 katanas in your house and keep on going. If you die 10 times, you still have 20 katanas and keep on going, and within a short while you farm up to buy another 10 katanas.

The discussion is imho not about whether lvl7 meta with relics is IP, it's about totally unnecessary annoyance that only tamers face.
And if you die on a tamer you buy 1 Magery scroll, 1 resist scroll and MAYBE 1 poisoning scroll.

You still make no points

Messremb

Grandmaster
It's not unbalanced. do a little bit of reading and reference what @Swayze posted a couple up.

"Unbalanced" would be tamers, also known as the #1 money makers, the most powerful pvp and pvm template, etc etc, not having any negatives effects when they die. OH NO YOU HAVE TO REFILL REGS. Lol deal with it.. If I actually farmed on my tamer I could make 100k an hour without trying at all. Buy skill scrolls, quit complaining.
I call bullshit, claims of 100k an hour are always exaggeration.

Pvm tamers don't need any more risk, and the easy way to fix pvp tamers is to cause 5% stat loss if the pet is summoned more than once in a 12 hour period. And remove fb if the tamer doesn't have vet.

Or leave it as it is, and I can keep using my pvp tamers.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

God.RG

Grandmaster
Crybaby tamers want NO side effects to their OP pokemon dying other than buying more regs. Period.

God.RG

Grandmaster
I call bullshit, claims of 100k an hour are always exaggeration.

Pvm tamers don't need any more risk, and the easy way to fix pvp tamers is to cause 5% stat loss if the pet is summoned more than once in a 12 hour period. And remove fb if the tamer doesn't have vet.

Or leave it as it is, and I can keep using my pvp tamers.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
If you can't make 100k in an hour with a level 6-7 OP pet then you're doing it wrong

I can do it with a normal dragon and mare.

Adramelech

Master

Way to misconstrue. That's what I get for trying to compromise I guess, I should have known better. I am saying that the "penalty" has already been paid 30 fold in regards to PVM skill loss. I am not asking for it to be more OP, especially in pvp. As I said meta-dexers and mages already out perform tamers in gold per hour by a pretty decent margin. And all they lose is less that 10k a death. But I know you major concern here is PVP because that's all your toxic crew really does on here.

It is quite bad really in retrospect. I just have been dealing with pet stat loss so long now I am almost over this battle. I have been devoting most of my time to my meta-mage/dexer anyhow. 130k buys me like 10+ slayer weapons, or a butt ton of regs and half the time I get killed I don't lose those things, and that's the only thing of significance my meta dexer/mage loses when he dies, beyond the meta talisman reactivation period.

This staunch opposition to this is really all because some pvpers on this server run stun tamers and wreck face with it and the pvpers on the receiving end of this want to make sure that they can cause emotional/fiscal damage to them if they kill their pets. Well that and griefers. That's why I recommended pvp only perma pet stat loss as a compromise. The all guard fire breath mechanic needs reworking anyhow to suit UO forevers style of speed racer sync assist program pvp.

darthdeus

Journeyman
If you can't make 100k in an hour with a level 6-7 OP pet then you're doing it wrong

I can do it with a normal dragon and mare.

How exactly do you make 100k consistently? Are you one of those people who kill 3 mobs in a minute, loot 5k, and think they can make 60times as much if they keep doing it for an hour?

God.RG

Grandmaster
Way to misconstrue. That's what I get for trying to compromise I guess, I should have known better. I am saying that the "penalty" has already been paid 30 fold in regards to PVM skill loss. I am not asking for it to be more OP, especially in pvp. As I said meta-dexers and mages already out perform tamers in gold per hour by a pretty decent margin. And all they lose is less that 10k a death. But I know you major concern here is PVP because that's all your toxic crew really does on here.

It is quite bad really in retrospect. I just have been dealing with pet stat loss so long now I am almost over this battle. I have been devoting most of my time to my meta-mage/dexer anyhow. 130k buys me like 10+ slayer weapons, or a butt ton of regs and half the time I get killed I don't lose those things, and that's the only thing of significance my meta dexer/mage loses when he dies, beyond the meta talisman reactivation period.

This staunch opposition to this is really all because some pvpers on this server run stun tamers and wreck face with it and the pvpers on the receiving end of this want to make sure that they can cause emotional/fiscal damage to them if they kill their pets. Well that and griefers. That's why I recommended pvp only perma pet stat loss as a compromise. The all guard fire breath mechanic needs reworking anyhow to suit UO forevers style of speed racer * assist program pvp.
Meta dexxers also can't fight off 1-3 reds with ease.

darthdeus

Journeyman
Meta dexxers also can't fight off 1-3 reds with ease.

And PVM tamers can? I'd like to see a tamer fend off just 2 reds who aren't completely dumb. By the time the pet AI realizes it should do something, you're already poisoned/paralyzed with a bunch of pots flying your way.