Pet Stat Loss in PVM has got to go

Lexington

Grandmaster
"Pet Stat Loss in PVM has got to go"

The original reason pet stat loss was introduced to UOF was to discourage the use of pets in PVP. I didn't realize until today that that was 100% BS.

Whose idea was it to encourage tamer PVP by giving factions a reprieve?

Bromista

Grandmaster
tell me who you are in game and ill make sure to get your pet everytime i see it

atleast you will have a real reason to cry about skill loss
Lol no. Do your worst and you'll still be laughed at. I know that's how I've handled how butthurt of a player you were in the past when you would go blind with rage and start spamming all kill on my pets.

You are a mock. Lol.

Go! are not PvPers by any means...not sure why you are so full of shit lately. Ronin does die on his factioners a lot though. I'll give you that one.

I think Hydro was referring to people who actually PvP...CoM and Minax. Certainly not TB, they are PvM. Certainly not SL, they kill PvMers.

What shard do you play stevey?

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
well this isnt really like this...

go! guild are on factioners 24/7

sherman and zingaro are on factions 24/7

not that many factioners attack/kill you...

hahaha, such a joke. 99% of time Pandone plays his non factioner.

go ahead and join factions if you think it's ez mode.

Kilike

Grandmaster
I guess for the same reason anyone wants GM skills for their mages or dexers. To know that they are at peak proficiency? To know that it's DONE. I guess it just seems weird that this effects pets alone. Maybe it wouldn't feel like such a chore if some of the skills were faster to regain so I could feel like I am making reasonable progess? On OSI it was only .1 skill loss per death and the skills regained pretty darn quick too. That wasn't so bad.

I realize you have been a long time advocate for meta pet skill loss, since the very beginning, so I know I won't have much influence changing your mind on this subject. It's not that I want it to be easy street or something here, but I don't think that taming should be a constant skill gain/fear of death struggle.

I feel like I am whining and being belligerent here. It's just in it's current form it's so tedious and frustrating? None of the other archetypes have embedded penetrates this severe from death. And while I realize Meta pets are much more powerful in certain situations it's not by that much anymore, yet tamers have to spend exponentially more and invest a lot more time.

Hydro's idea is a good one. I wouldn't mind a 15 minute half penalty with a buyout nearly as much. That sounds like a dream by comparison. Or even allow our pets to get back to max skills over time while stabled? Just tired of things happening like losing connection or crashing, and having it cost me multiple days worth of play to recover from that just to get my skills back up.
People seriously need to stop looking at this event in terms of power. Meta tamers still blow meta dex,mages out of the water in almost every other scenario. An event like this isn't the end all when deciding which is better. Specially when mobs were created to directly hamper tamers ability to farm.

Outside of this event you're still farming higher end mobs, and generally smashing on rda and champs scores.

With that said, the game is all about the grind, and for tamers that has always meant retraining skills. There is absolutely no logical reason a meta shouldn't be able to retrain it's skills back to max without the use of a ss, or reset at 7.

Also can we finally add slayer spellbooks to inscribe. (Non blessed, so there remains a market)

Sent from my SM-G900P

Bromista

Grandmaster
While it is easier for a tamer to rack up score in an event, champ, RDA...dexers have the ability to outscore the fuck out of a meta pet. They just have to work harder and risk more to do so. That's the trade-off.

Seems pretty fair to me.

Deadpool

Grandmaster
Whose idea was it to encourage tamer PVP by giving factions a reprieve?

1441.gif

Garillo

Master
Are you kidding me.... factions gets a buy out option?

WTF... I thought this shard didn't want a bunch of faction PVP tamers?

There's a big difference in faction pet speed and non-faction pet speed. Non faction tamers have a *huge* speed advantage.

Garillo

Master
Regardless, tamer PVP is the lamest play style ever... the fact it's encouraged in factions is BS.

You can be a defensive turret and hold a choke with pets in faction pvp... You aren't chasing anyone down. The speed difference isn't negligible, it's night and day. I wouldn't say it's encouraged by any means because there's a balance to it: the ability to rez for 5k vs the speed loss.

If you think it's unfair, put your tamer in factions. Anyone can do it. It's not like you're exempt from PvP if you're not in factions.

Lexington

Grandmaster
You can be a defensive turret and hold a choke with pets in faction pvp... You aren't chasing anyone down. The speed difference isn't negligible, it's night and day. I wouldn't say it's encouraged by any means because there's a balance to it: the ability to rez for 5k vs the speed loss.

If you think it's unfair, put your tamer in factions. Anyone can do it. It's not like you're exempt from PvP if you're not in factions.

I have a tamer I could do this with......... might be fun.

Hydro

Grandmaster

just sucks to have to join alt pvp guild over main guild to be a faction person

Lexington

Grandmaster
inc random derailment from the forum trolls...this why shit gets deleted and ignored

Hey.........

Anyways, you have a great idea but it's been brought up 100 times before. It's been pretty clear over the last couple of year that the staff has no intent on making anything easier. This won't be ignored because of a few fun troll type posts. It will be ignored because it's not going to change ever!

Hydro

Grandmaster
Hey.........

Anyways, you have a great idea but it's been brought up 100 times before. It's been pretty clear over the last couple of year that the staff has no intent on making anything easier. This won't be ignored because of a few fun troll type posts. It will be ignored because it's not going to change ever!
sad part is they seem to have time putting good ideas in because only so much a few can dev. but the skill loss basicly made me stop taking my meta out or farming for fun for last month

Adramelech

Master
I almost always run my meta mage or meta dexer as well now. It's much more fun to not worry, much easier to escape, and if I lose connection and die the suit I am wearing is easy enough to replace and there are no skills to regain. I think the reason that this hasn't really been addressed is that the ones effected by this this most usually have the gold or skill scroll supply to not care about it whatsoever. It's just a shame for all the time I put into my meta tamer.

Adramelech

Master
If we are adamant about keeping some sort of statloss in the game for pets could it be changed to be .1 skill loss for all skills as it is on the standard UO servers? I definitely don't see a reason for pets to be penalized more than they are on the live UO servers?

Source: http://www.uoguide.com/Pet_Resurrection

Last edited by a moderator: