Perfect pot throwers... Please this is hurting pvp?

rabidgoat

Neophyte
I've encountered this a hand full of times. There a few players that can literally time thrown exp potions perfectly. I mean, literally every time they get you. Now this is a really huge advantage and creates one heck of an unbalanced playing field which is quite off putting esp to relatively new PvP'ers such as myself. We simply can't compete with this.

My hit rate is about 60% which is about the best I can really do. All I can do in razor is drink, then macro a 1.2 sec pause at 3 seconds prior to last target throw. That.s it.

Now, although 4 or 3 seconds is displayed I know that the decimal isn't displayed, so you can never really be sure if you're at 3.9 seconds or 2.9 seconds for instance. And that 1000 miliseconds between 3 and 4 is a massive in terms of determining if you'll hit or miss.

So to who ever and however these perfect pot throwers are doing it, it's strikes me as borderline cheating. And to those who say it's just skill, I don't agree with that at all. I've met players who have openly bragged to me that they have scripted something to do the work for them. And that something is apparently quite complex. One guy told me that it took him 3 weeks to do so. It's just something that us 'non uber elite' players can't do.

And it's a real shame as I want to enjoy and play PvP but there simply is no way for me to fight back against this. Now I'm starting to realize why PvP just isn't alive here, like it was back in the day. I mean, you might as well call a tree a tree and throw in 120 weapon skills to boot.

Dwyane Wade

Grandmaster
I understand the frustration, but it's part of the game. Either practice it and get better or don't pvp at all if it bothers you that much. I've recently started using exp pots myself and have gotten decently good at it. No where near as good as most people, but good enough.

You bring up the fact that you don't know if it's 3.9 or 2.9 seconds, are you sure it goes by decimals like that? I figured it was just 3.0 or 4.0. If it does go by unseen decimals, how would you be able to cheat through that?

lost

Grandmaster
maybe you shouldnt be macroing pauses and just practice to learn the timing, thats what all the good pot throwers i play with do.. they dont have macros doing it for them, just one to start the timer and then one to throw, between that its habit/practice. i have heard there are macros but easier to just practice when u need to throw

halygon

Grandmaster
I've encountered this a hand full of times. There a few players that can literally time thrown exp potions perfectly. I mean, literally every time they get you. Now this is a really huge advantage and creates one heck of an unbalanced playing field which is quite off putting esp to relatively new PvP'ers such as myself. We simply can't compete with this.

My hit rate is about 60% which is about the best I can really do. All I can do in razor is drink, then macro a 1.2 sec pause at 3 seconds prior to last target throw. That.s it.

Now, although 4 or 3 seconds is displayed I know that the decimal isn't displayed, so you can never really be sure if you're at 3.9 seconds or 2.9 seconds for instance. And that 1000 miliseconds between 3 and 4 is a massive in terms of determining if you'll hit or miss.

So to who ever and however these perfect pot throwers are doing it, it's strikes me as borderline cheating. And to those who say it's just skill, I don't agree with that at all. I've met players who have openly bragged to me that they have scripted something to do the work for them. And that something is apparently quite complex. One guy told me that it took him 3 weeks to do so. It's just something that us 'non uber elite' players can't do.

And it's a real shame as I want to enjoy and play PvP but there simply is no way for me to fight back against this. Now I'm starting to realize why PvP just isn't alive here, like it was back in the day. I mean, you might as well call a tree a tree and throw in 120 weapon skills to boot.
Says the guy ^^ that tries to make a perfect pot macro.

Dude, people are throwing pots at you with good timing because they are not using a macro to do the work for them. Pot throwing is simplistic at best. Drink a pot, wait till the time gets down to the right number and then throw it at your target. No pauses needed as you the player should be doing those pauses.

Do this: Set one key to the razor hotkey to drink a purple pot. Done! Now hit that key to start the timer, hit ESC to cancel the target so you can cast a spell or something in between, then hit that same key again and target last. BOOM!

rabidgoat

Neophyte
Sorry I just do not buy the skill argument. I've headed up against some very good pvp'ers, some with 10+ continuous uo exp. They use exp pots, and guess what. They miss. Not often but you can see some very slight inconsistencies with their throws. They still hit a lot though 60% I would say.

Now, let's be clear. I'm talking about a relatively select few who are throwing pots with ROBOTIC precision. I'm talking practically laser guided. Everyone hits and lands exactly, hit after hit at the same time. I got his 8 times with perfect consistency. And I was running around a small town building. And I can be sure as hell they aren't doing it in razor.

I'm not sure who you guys are in game. But I am 100% willing to go up against any of you to see how good you are. and I'm 100% certain you're going to miss on the odd occasion or slip somewhat with your timing.

halygon

Grandmaster
So a guy throws good exp pots and you automatically assume he is cheating? Jeez..

It must be the KAZ script at work. Did you catch the guy's name? Any videos of the action?

rabidgoat

Neophyte
So a guy throws good exp pots and you automatically assume he is cheating? Jeez..

Now that WOULD be lame. You see, this is the thing about coming out in the open. You're rep is going to take a tumble because people are going to automatically assume you're a cry baby noob. Either that or the nay sayers actually cheat themselves. It's a fine line.

So let's assume I'm right here first off. We know EasyUO is a given. Also, I've had people TELL me they can hit perfectly with a program/script they put themselves. I'm talking about bragging here. So give me the benefit of the doubt and hold back on the haha noob you just suck comments bit for a second here.

So what program do people use to record their UO pvp. I will fight the guy again and let you guys judge for yourself. If I find I'm talking B.S, then fine, so be it. If not, then I'll not need to do the talking any more.

But there's no need to keep sweeping the situation under the carpet. Ultimately it does more bad than good when people pack their bags up and quit.[/quote]

aIck

Grandmaster
I don't even know what to say anymore on these goddamn explopot-threads. Git gud?

edw3rdwood

Grandmaster
Robotic/laser precision is possible with human reflexes. You just have to train yourself.

Don't rely on a computer, they are the things that are prone to error.

Last edited by a moderator:

aIck

Grandmaster
Robotic/laser precision is possible with human reflexes. You just have to train yourself.

Don't rely on a computer, they are the things that are prone to error.
The fun thing is you don't even need laser precision or good reflexes to time pots correctly.

God.RG

Grandmaster
If anyone has been throwing the god damn things for 10-15 years and can't NOT miss, there's a problem.
People train that long to become professional athletes..... Lol

jeffe

Master
If someone is chasing you down with pots you need to use your surroundings to your advantage: weave through trees, go around buildings, use a 'leave house' macro, corners, pillars, etc. Anything that might break LoS. The onus is on them to make sure that pot hits. Running in a straight line isn't helping your plight. It also sounds like the OP about right on the timing.. so you as well as your pursuer know at what point in the process that LoS needs to be broken (or when they need to hit last target).

Raserei

Novice
Now that WOULD be lame. You see, this is the thing about coming out in the open. You're rep is going to take a tumble because people are going to automatically assume you're a cry baby noob. Either that or the nay sayers actually cheat themselves. It's a fine line.

So let's assume I'm right here first off. We know EasyUO is a given. Also, I've had people TELL me they can hit perfectly with a program/script they put themselves. I'm talking about bragging here. So give me the benefit of the doubt and hold back on the haha noob you just suck comments bit for a second here.

So what program do people use to record their UO pvp. I will fight the guy again and let you guys judge for yourself. If I find I'm talking B.S, then fine, so be it. If not, then I'll not need to do the talking any more.

But there's no need to keep sweeping the situation under the carpet. Ultimately it does more bad than good when people pack their bags up and quit.

When people record their PvP, it will not help them. UO PvP is so great, because cheating makes you stick to being shitty. Every fight changes, everyone does things differently, and you need to adjust what you're doing based off of that.

Accusing people of cheating is silly. Maybe you should just improve yourself, rather than calling other people cheaters.

kyleakira

Master
I'd like to see alchemy out of PvP and as compensation increase the main damage of some weapons. I'm don't agree that for PvP is alchemy more important than Poison.

besttherewas

Grandmaster
I'd like to see alchemy out of PvP and as compensation increase the main damage of some weapons. I'm don't agree that for PvP is alchemy more important than Poison.

*face palm*

Are you also pushing for perma statloss too?

Exp pots are weak here anyways. How do u kill a gm runner without exp pots? Or kill someone half decent who has gear? You dont!