Peacemaking/Taming Young Dragons

Ok i have a tamer with 74,5 Real Taming and 100 Music and 95,8 Peace.

Since i lost my old young dragons wich someone tamed for me i wanted to get myself some new ones and thought: hey i get peace so i can tame without having to use paralyse so the dragons dont lose stats.

Peace is really awesome now. i can peace a young dragon for up to 3 seconds! insanly helpful...

ok dont wanna whine or whatever just want to know HOW are you supposed to tame these, without Help. alone.

at this point you dont have strong pets to punch them till they cry and do just 1 dmg. so how are you supposed to tame them?

Dwyane Wade

Grandmaster
Are you talking about pets losing skills or stats when paralyzed? Either way, I'm not sure that happens here. I've tamed countless pets with paralyze and never had this problem. Even if skills do drop, thats easily trained back up.

Anyways, beating the pet down makes it easier as well

well i read that in many different UO forums. not sure but im more worried about stats like STR, INT, and DEX. especially if they go over GM.

yeah beating them down makes it easier but than again: fresh tamer and no real pets to fight yet. so how to beat them down? seems like its impossible to do it alone? i do need another person to weaken them for me?

Dwyane Wade

Grandmaster
I'm 99% sure that stats aren't lowered here when taming a mob thats paralyzed. If you don't have any pets to lower him down, you could use magery and just cast on him that way. If that isn't an option, let me know and I'll help you tame a couple

heresaucer

Neophyte
I know what OP is talking about, on EA shards and other free shards taming a pet under influence of anything like that will lower its stats and they can't be raised up again. Not sure about skills.

I'm not sure about here.

well thats good to know! And Dwyane i take your offer! thanks :D i mean will take a week till they are bonded <.< so yeah if you got a few minutes just shoot me a message :D

Al Hurtcha

Novice
I paged a gm about this question, and was told that when paralyzing only the skills are lowered, the stats stay the same, keep in mind youngs & dragons like to bless them selfs

Sarphus

Journeyman
As you know, paralyze, peace and beating the dragon down are all options. It's true that beating dragons down or paralyzing them really screws up stats on OSI. I agree with the others that it doesn't work that way here.

Another option is to invis yourself right after starting the taming attempt (can be difficult to time). I've used this tactic to lead tame 5 slot greater dragons on OSI and that must be done on foot. It is certainly not impossible to lead tame a young dragon. Actually, it can be done on foot using the invis technique.

It should be noted that if you invis yourself you will be revealed by the next taming message tick. That's fine because it will still take the creature a little time to re-attack you.