Peace in town?

balthazar

Novice
So, short story long. Finally decided I needed peacemaking on my tamer so I could start taming hellcats in dungeons. Started a macro in town. After the restart this morning, seems I am constantly getting guard whacked. I am trying to figure out what is going on. I think maybe if there is a player that has been aggroed by a mob on screen, my peacemaking myself is a criminal act.

Or maybe my lute playing is just that bad.

Any ideas? Thanks

Trojandrew

Grandmaster
same thing happened to me this weekend. i was near a bank, so people recall in and out. i think peacing a grey pet might have turned me grey, then while people use their *vendor buy bank guards* macro since the guards are watching at that point you get whacked. couldnt see anything else in the logs to indicate anything else that would have caused it.

wasnt afk either so i saw the whole thing, was very strange

@eppy @halygon @Swayze any ideas or thoughts on the matter?

Dellan

Grandmaster
This is odd, peacing anything (no matter if its grey or blue or red) is not a hostile or beneficial action, so it can't make you criminal.. I'd go with town guards losing it from all that noise :D

AssHat

Grandmaster
i think because in town when you area peace, you are making a blue stop doing something so it flags you as grey. some of the mechanics of peace seem a little backwards on here. also as a blue peacer you can peace a blue person's blue pet so they stop attacking but it does not flag you grey.

you can work peace by going to a graveyard or the bard table and just peace a single mob. which will go faster than is town and is pretty safe.

balthazar

Novice
I think something seems to have changed since the restart on the 10th.
The townsfolk were a lot more tolerant of my music before then.
Maybe I've been transported to that town in Footloose, can anyone get Kevin Bacon to help?

AssHat seems to be right. I am sometimes getting flagged grey when another player is present or runs by when I area peace.
Then the npcs call the guards.
So I can get pk'd at the bard's table or guard whacked in town...

There do seem to be people macroing area peace in Brit without any problems...maybe it's time to have some fun.