OSI UO Player here with questions

Morbeous

Neophyte
Hi,

I currently still play on Europa but decided to look at UO Forever. What I want to know is there a way to see weapon and armour stats in this game? I have all these things in my backpack but dont know what they are? I use Enhanced Client on the Europa server and can see exactly what I have, the stas and durability etc etc. How am i supposed to do this on UO Forever? Also do you not have chivalry? If not how is a Warrior type class builds supposed to transport to places using runes? I stood around outside Brit Bank for a while but no one seemed interested in helping which is the complete opposite to what I find on the official servers as everyone is so helpful

thanks

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
If a warrior wants to recall it's a good idea for them to:
A) have about 65 magery to cast it.
B) 50 magery to use recall scrolls, or
C) GM magery for all the spells; most warriors would want to also GM inscription to for increased defense verse magic, better protection to cast spells in melee, or more powerful reactive armor (free dmg! :p)

It's all up to you though if you don't GM magery it's a good idea to carry a mark scroll or two (or mark runes on a different character).

I think the only way to see weapon/armor stats in-game is with arms lore, but there is also a site wiki with weapon/armor stats.

In short, katana is over-whelmingly the best single handed weapon. Heavy maul is the best two-handed weapon unless you want to take up lumberjacking, at which point axes are better (at the expense of another skill it should be). Mauls will still have higher dmg strikes (with crushing blow; 25% of the time with GM anatomy), but axes come close and are more consistent ( they also get a special attack on top, and are generally faster; useful mostly against players.)

Armor works on the old hit detection system with chest pieces being the most likely to be hit and then arms, and legs, and then everything else.
Leather armor can be meditated in, studded leather as well but at 50% efficiency. All metal armors prevent active meditation, and i'm pretty sure negate massive meditation (i'd really love to be wrong about the passive).

Here's the wiki link: http://www.uoforum.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

It's incomplete, but a decent guide. I've found most other questions can be googled with the tag UO:R since this is a Renaissance era shard.

Hope that helps. ^_^

kosmoko

Journeyman
If you have a warrior with 0 magery wants to recall, you can put recall scrolls into your runebook and click on the blue button to recall (100% successful rate).

Last edited by a moderator:

Morbeous

Neophyte
In OSI I have a Paladin build using 100 Anatomy, 100 Tactics, 120 Swords, 100 Parry, 100 heal, 100 Chivalry and 100 Resist Spells so obviously the chivalry will need replacing with 100 Mage but doesnt Mage also need meditation and Inval Intell?? If so what would be the best build?

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
In OSI I have a Paladin build using 100 Anatomy, 100 Tactics, 120 Swords, 100 Parry, 100 heal, 100 Chivalry and 100 Resist Spells so obviously the chivalry will need replacing with 100 Mage but doesnt Mage also need meditation and Inval Intell?? If so what would be the best build?

Magery does not need eval int; eval is only to increase spell damage, but there is a spell (mind blast) that doesn't take evaluate into account. Meditation isn't needed unless you see yourself cast a lot of spells in a short time-frame.

I assume you mean best build for a warrior; lots of people will tell you:
Swordsmanship (katana)
anatomy
healing
resist magic
alchemy (potions have alchemy bonus here)
tactics
magery

Everyone has there own twist on the build though.

Morbeous

Neophyte
cheers thanks for your help. May give it a go and see hat the community is like. Hard to leave my Castle and all my gear though on the official servers so would take a lot to tempt me awaylol

The challenge of starting over, without all the best stuff at hand can be a breath of fresh air too. Enjoy it, and you've always got your palace in Europa to fall back on. Cheers.