On and off player , checking things out

SardoNespa

I played back in the beginning, had the box set with the map and UO pin and all that. I imagine UOF is a lot like those days. I remember not getting too far. Slaying deer to make leather armor to sell, generally not wearing anything expensive for fear of losing it when getting raped by PKs.

Came back and played Ultima Offline for a while - T2A worlds.

So, who can help me figure out how to play in these pre-T2A world without getting raped and losing everything?

KoldesLives

Journeyman
Welcome to UOF! I played in the late 90s and early 2000s and just found UOF recently. It's been amazing. I think that you'll find the fundamentals of the game, the real core of the game is the same, but there are some improvements like the meta talismans/meta pets to improve PvM, the Donation system, etc. I think most of the changes are for the better :) I would highly recommend making an archer/provoker as one of your first couple chars. You can walk around with a bow, some arrows and an instrument and take down some really tough stuff, making lots of money. Good luck!

Coorhagen

Grandmaster
I recently found an old piece of paper with that UO pin through it, the piece of paper has the ICQ numbers of members of the very first guild that I joined in Ultima. It was on Catskills back in the pre T2A days in 1999, but I don't remember what the name of the guild was.

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
I recently found an old piece of paper with that UO pin through it, the piece of paper has the ICQ numbers of members of the very first guild that I joined in Ultima. It was on Catskills back in the pre T2A days in 1999, but I don't remember what the name of the guild was.
That must of been a cool find!