NPC Strong Box Auto Resetting

spooninatar

Neophyte
NPC Strong Boxes ( in healers, tinkers etc etc ) are automatically resetting both traps and locks within a few seconds of being opened.
i.e. I remove the trap from a box, pick the lock, open it and by the time I do that, the box has been trapped and locked again. I have to pick the lock, quickly use the stealing skill on 1 item .. then repeat ( pick lock, steal ... pick lock, steal ... )

Tested different NPC's and different towns and it's the same.

Spoon.

Kraden

Grandmaster
Yeah plus the only stealable rares in this server are ones that spawn in npc stuff. To the best of my knowledge its just the old osi crap ones

Lavos

Master
Yeah, I got a good start on UOF selling those semi-rares (months and months ago): gold/silver/copper wire coils, forged metal (which is soon to be a crafted rare/ingredient according to some pics the staff posted), three lockpick, tinker's box, arrow shafts, horseshoes, etc.

I haven't tried in months, hope they haven't been made impossible to get now. Also, as far as I know there are still 4-5 stealable rare items still spawning (nothing too great - candlestick, hay, glass mug). Perhaps we will see the new stealable rares system in soon though

Kraden

Grandmaster
I thought they already did a new rares system and had to whipe it but yeah new stealables would be nice. But yeah this is a glitch that the chests relock after piking them almost instantly. It happens to all the crates too if im not mistaken

spooninatar

Neophyte
Same as 4 weeks ago.

Seems like no one cares about it ? Happy to help test stuff with a GM in game if it helps .... just want one of my sources of income back.

Kraden

Grandmaster
Wow they still havent even fixed this. I stopped checking lol. Only stealable rares in game and cant even get to them lmfao. Anyway im hoping they arnt fixing it cause maybe they are planning on brining itback bigger and better. Plus i know theye been busy

Kraden

Grandmaster
Yay thatsawesome. Too bad apparently you still only need 0 Stealingskill. Which is dumb lol. But whatever