NO DMG BONUS 4 SCRIBE???

vitopsp

Apprentice
Hello all. I am a fan of Ultima just as much as the next guy. All I want is to be more on an even playing field with alchy stun mages. I think that Alchy stun mages have a significant advantage over Scribe stun mages because Alchy stun mages have a x% damage bonus added to their explosion potions; while the scribe has no damage bonus- even for his spells!

Thank's for reading! -"Kusari-Fundo"

Bromista

Grandmaster
Scribe is a defensive skill because as I'm sure you know it buffs your reflect, reactive, and protection spells.

Alchy is offense as it only boosts dmg output for explo pots and has absolutely 0 extra benefit aside from that.

While I think its dumb that alchy doesn't have a buff across the board for pots, changing anything about that would mean you tip the balance.

And right now it seems pretty balanced.

vitopsp

Apprentice
I disagree but respect your opinion, sir.

"It seems pretty balanced."

:oops:

Last edited by a moderator:

vitopsp

Apprentice
I believe that insciption is not just a defensive skill, because logically speaking- one who makes the spells for spellbooks and also creates the runebooks should have some sort of extra knowledge of their spells therefore; increasing damage. I believe that's how it was back in the day; if you will.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Yeah I suppose that was probably the mentality on OSI. But a lot was different there.

Here it's either do you want offense or defense. Adding offensive to scribe means you'd have to make an adjustment to alchy and give it some defensive bonus like buffs to gheal pots (which are already basically subject to an alchy bonus because they hit for big heals often) or something. And I think rather than fuck with tweaking it almost everyone, staff and playerbase alike, are pretty happy with the current mage PvP offerings.

Garet Jax

Grandmaster
Fact is if you gave scribes a damage bonus to their offensive spells, then in a group setting they would steamroll. UO is about group fighting, jsut look at all the whine posts about no 1v1. You cant really balance it around 1v1 fights. Sure 10% damage bonus is not HUGE, but when there are 5 of them in a group thats 50% extra damage.

vitopsp

Apprentice
Bromista says: "Adding offensive to scribe means you'd have to make an adjustment to alchy and give it some defensive bonus..."
My solution: Alchy scribes would be nothing if a scribe only gets 'spell damage increase' if the scribe has anatomy and wrestling and only if having anatomy and wrestling.

Garet Jax says: "Sure 10% damage bonus is not HUGE"
My answer: You don't think a group of alchemist stun mages are OP at all syncing and chucking at the same time and dropping people like flies come on now you guys!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

vitopsp

Apprentice
I really don't understand how you think it is balanced when an alchemist uses a combination of the spells explosion energy bolt, potchucking stunning, punching, disrupting, etc... the scribe needs spell damage increase- period.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
what I have suggested for this in the past is a boost for killshots

meaning, if any scribes last damaging spell brings a person within 5 hp, that person will die automatically.
so if you redline someone, they're doneeee.
This also prevents steamrolling.

vitopsp

Apprentice
This is not a dead thread! I will be heard!

To prove my point I quote Gore, a respected pvper; we can agree?

"Keep losing to a scribe 1v1 in the field while playing an alchy Mage." he said that to rudy I believe. threads/factioning-is-boooooming.29228/page-2#post-178091

halygon

Grandmaster
This is not a dead thread! I will be heard!

To prove my point I quote Gore, a respected pvper; we can agree?

"Keep losing to a scribe 1v1 in the field while playing an alchy Mage." he said that to rudy I believe. threads/factioning-is-boooooming.29228/page-2#post-178091
Ok, first you are quoting a forum troll.

Second, the scribe bonus' currently in effect are more than balanced with alchy bonus'. You are just thinking of this the wrong way. Bromista was partly wrong when he said scribe bonus' are defensive only. Having double reflect may not do damage to their hit points, but I like to think of it by hitting then in their mana points. Mages rely on mana to heal and deal damage. If they spend all their mana trying to break your reflect, you have a huge advantage. Gore fails to note this because he was trying to make Rudy look bad. (remember to not feed the trolls!)

Against a dexxor you have reactive armor, which is huge in a 1v1.

So.. giving a spell damage increase on here would un-balance that current aspect of the shard.

Gore

Adept
What you fail to realize halygon, is that I've killed your boy "rudy" 5+ times in the field as a scribe and another dozen times in the pits. I'm trolling no one, just explaining how bad your group is.

If you add a scribe damage bonus it will almost guarantee people getting 3 spelled in 2vs2 (explo poison flamestrike). It's really just not a good idea when it will unbalance group pvp to a point that will just piss people off a lot.

halygon

Grandmaster
What you fail to realize halygon, is that I've killed your boy "rudy" 5+ times in the field as a scribe and another dozen times in the pits. I'm trolling no one, just explaining how bad your group is.
It doesn't matter if you killed him or not, you were still trolling that forum. It's like me telling you that your comment wasn't clear whether you said that cause you play a shitty scribe template or if you are a shitty player on a scribe who killed him.

If you add a scribe damage bonus it will almost guarantee people getting 3 spelled in 2vs2 (explo poison flamestrike). It's really just not a good idea when it will unbalance group pvp to a point that will just piss people off a lot.

I fully agree with this. Scribe is fine as it is.

Hello all. I am a fan of Ultima just as much as the next guy. All I want is to be more on an even playing field with alchy stun mages. I think that Alchy stun mages have a significant advantage over Scribe stun mages because Alchy stun mages have a x% damage bonus added to their explosion potions; while the scribe has no damage bonus- even for his spells!

Thank's for reading! -"Kusari-Fundo"

I think scribe should be used to absorb dmg and add it to other spells casted or actions done. Could be pretty cool!

Palerider89

Apprentice
I run a scribe/nox Mage and love
it, actually thought of dumping poison but never will let go of inscription

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk