Newbied items change?

Nurayia

Expert
I dunno really where to post this as I am not sure whether it is intended or not. About a year ago I took a break from UO and just came back recently, when I logged in all my characters were mostly naked - newbied robes, shoes, hats, also dagger and scissors are gone. Anyone know why? It feels stupid to stand infront of sheep and having nothing to shear them with.

tankian

Grandmaster
nothing changed. either you did something with them b4 you left or someone got on your account and took them

Deadpool

Grandmaster
Maybe they actually were used up and broke? I don't know if scissors have a durability or not, actually.

halygon

Grandmaster
I am not aware of any changes of this sort. I still have newbied items on all of my blue characters.

Noxstyx

Neophyte
I had an issue with missing stuff too when I came back after quitting summer 2014. Chars were missing clothing items (I can't be 100% sure that I didn't get rid of them though, hard to tell with items like that). But the candle and ring of forgiveness on all chars were gone and I'm certain those were there before.

Nurayia

Expert
It is exclusively newbied items that are missing, robes, shoes, hats, coming to think of it, ring of forgiveness and candle are missing, too, as well as dagger and scissors on all chars. No, I am 100% sure that I did not throw all my newbied items away for no reason.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
, when I logged in all my characters were mostly naked - newbied robes, shoes, hats, also dagger and scissors are gone It feels stupid to stand infront of sheep and having nothing to shear them with.

I am very sure there are laws regarding nakedness while standing in-front of a sheep, but hey I won't judge.

On point, are you sure you did not remove them yourself?

Darkarna

Grandmaster
yes, I am extra-sure. Really.

Something is broken then, no idea what, but something... Might be that sheep you stood in front of decided to exact revenge from something you did in the past..

Sheep aside, have you had a chat with the staff about this? Might be something they can look into...

Lopsang

Master
I had two of my chars lose their newbie dagger at the exact same time while playing. I know it was while playing as they were both fishing for over an hour+ and all the sudden could not cut the fish up. I replaced the daggers from other chars and haven't had any issues since... Was about a month ago

Nurayia

Expert
I tried paging like 3 times, got a message twice (once ignoring the question and answering the other question, once saying it must have been my own fault) and canceled page 3rd time. Can't be arsed waiting for 4+ hours. Had hoped the forums would be the better place to reach anyone...

kurtis

Grandmaster
Sounds like a bug. What gain is there to lie about this? And more than one person has had this issue.....the skepticism like they are trying to troll us is hilarious to me

Shortbus

Grandmaster
I can help give an side answer to this as I dont know the full answer...but hang around Brit Bank and run to the Inn on occasion. New characters are constantly dropping their newbied clothes/daggers/etc down. Ive made quite a stockpile this way.

Kawkaw

Novice
I had the same problem as OP when I came back like 3 weeks ago. Across 5 characters on all 3 accounts, every single noob item was missing. I fixed this for myself by making a few new characters and taking their newbiefied items for my old characters, but there is indeed something that has happened to remove all noobified items from old characters.