Newbie here. Great Lakes Veteran from 15+ years ago

Shorted

Apprentice
Hello everyone!

Just wanted to introduce myself quick. I joined here a few days ago and am just trying to find my way through the game. It's been 15-20 years since I played UO on Great Lakes. I was known mainly from PvP on GL. My main toons were Hatred, Twiggy, & Orpheus

So far some things are coming back to me but I am a long way from being ready for pvp. Just working on trying to find ways to make money for now so I can get a tiny house and start other toons.

If anyone has any tips or advice, I am all ears :)

Thanks for having me
-Shorted

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
Welcome to UOF - I came from Great Lakes as well - 9 months ago, after a 15 year break... I PvP'd and RP'd there, on Avalon, Calypso Kid, Levity.. I'm sure a few other names.. I swear I remember the name Twiggy - and Hatred, but Hatred is pretty common...

Either way, glad to see another GL'r here!

Shorted

Apprentice
Great to meet you.... again!

Calypso sounds VERY familiar. I ran with Dimi Steele, I believe the guild we made was called O^E. Hung by yew gate a lot on Hatred and Twiggy because they were red and there seemed to be a lot of action.

How do you like this server so far? It seems nice, just a lot to learn. I don't understand things like meta pets, boats that shoot, etc.

Coorhagen

Grandmaster
I played on Great Lakes back then with my brother. I was "ogre" and my brother was "Judas Cloud." The name Twiggy sounds familiar to me

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
Great to meet you.... again!

Calypso sounds VERY familiar. I ran with Dimi Steele, I believe the guild we made was called O^E. Hung by yew gate a lot on Hatred and Twiggy because they were red and there seemed to be a lot of action.

How do you like this server so far? It seems nice, just a lot to learn. I don't understand things like meta pets, boats that shoot, etc.

I vaguely remember Dimi and O*E - honestly being my early twenties, a lot of my play time was spent drinking, or after drinking and back from the bar *laughs* UOF has been a great experience, has captured my gaming for the past 9 months, the memories come back immediately, and the PvP has had it's ups and downs, sometimes busy, sometimes slow, but you can always find action if you look for it.. The PvE is better, because of custom content, and some meta paths, which basically make your dexxer and mage characters amped up, so you can actually farm like you were a tamer.. once they are leveled, great end game content to capture your attention... You'll have a lot of fun - especially if you find the right guild for you - one that's doing the activities you are after!