New Wood Pricing

Alas

Adept
I am looking to figure the market price for logs and the different variety they come in.
Can everyone pitch in and give some feedback.
The below breakdown is what I believe they can be sold for on a regular bases if the demand is present.

Each price reflects the rarity of the harvest.
Reg. Logs 2.5 gp
Oak Logs 6-10 gp
Ash Logs 12-16 gp
Yew Logs 20-25 gp
Heartwood Logs 40-55 gp
Bloodwood Logs 75 gp
Frostwood Logs 150-250 gp

Thanks for the feed back.

BeerJedi

Grandmaster
I am looking to figure the market price for logs and the different variety they come in.
Can everyone pitch in and give some feedback.
The below breakdown is what I believe they can be sold for on a regular bases if the demand is present.

Each price reflects the rarity of the harvest.
Reg. Logs 2.5 gp
Oak Logs 6-10 gp
Ash Logs 12-16 gp
Yew Logs 20-25 gp
Heartwood Logs 40-55 gp
Bloodwood Logs 75 gp
Frostwood Logs 150-250 gp

Thanks for the feed back.
Bloodwood in my opinion is worth more that Frost. Harder to get. i get 3 Frost logs for every 1-2 Blood logs.

Alas

Adept
So switching those two from what I gather, but what about price ranges.
I do agree blood wood gathering has been slower.

Sabine

Apprentice
Yesterday I was digging up a tchest but I was distracted by tree nearby that had a strange looking rock something at its base. I couldn't understand it. Didn't make sense. Do you guys know anything about this?

How are you guys getting more blood than frost? My data seems to be the same as the above pricing would suggest and I have gathered twice the bloodwood as frostwood.

BeerJedi

Grandmaster
in regards to prices - dunno. its a tough balance. i get maybe 30 bloodwood logs an hour compared to 1500 or so normal. heartwood is like 100/hour and frost varies depending on how many serps i knock down. Yew is around 400/hour and oak ash are more managable.

If i use your pricing scale:

Reg. Logs 2.5 gp @1500 = 3750gp
Oak Logs 6-10 gp @ 600 = 3600-6000gp
Ash Logs 12-16 gp - @500 = 6000-8000gp
Yew Logs 20-25 gp @200 = 4000-5000gp
Heartwood Logs 40-55 @100 = 4000-5500
Bloodwood Logs 75 gp @30= 2250 (too low)
Frostwood Logs 150-250 gp @= 7500 - 12500

Your income is going to be from 31100 - 43000 an hour.

This is where the hard part comes in: compared ingot gathering where there are folks that claim between 3k-5k ore an hour. i'm good at maybe 2.5k an hour. But that 2.5k is color targeted. Meaning, not only 2000+ iron ore, i'm going to have an additional 500+ colored or that i'm focussing on (higher if its DC as that is near 1:1 with iron when you strike a known spot). Wood is not in known spots, but is random.

@ 2.5k iron ore an hour and market price of 8k/iron ingot and double smelting at 75% success. that's 30k/hour just on the iron ore.

The difficulty here is that wood gathering is not quite as lucrative as mining from a raw material perspective but one must balance what is acceptable in market - as market will drive prices and will market drive demand?

Faytality

Staff member
As a person with only 115 lj I can get frost wood from snakes. However I cannot get any blood wood at this time. So from my point of view blood wood is worth more.

Faytality

Staff member
I've been doing a lot of chopping for the past 3 weeks and I haven't gotten 1 blood wood log. Either I'm very unlucky or they changed it.

Alas

Adept
Thanks BeerJedi, i am looking for this feed back. Never got into the trade market in my past life. But i am looking into getting into it now. At 115 lj i can pull blood and have a good bit saved up. But didnt want to get into a market that doesnt know which direction its going.
My data is just a single source, so i was looking for another point of data to compare too.
Thank you.

Faytality, blood logs pull @ 115 just not very often. I get may 10-20 per hr as it is.

I am very curious what an open market will pay for bloodwood.

Wizx13

Grandmaster
I got 100 bloodwood logs last night at 115 LJ. Thats out of 21k logs all types combined in about 3 hours of farming.