New wood+Fletching

Kemi'Kalz

Grandmaster
it has given people willing to risk their accounts EUO tree chopping the advantage while people like me who have 120LJ and not 5-7 hours a day to chop fucking trees lose out.

Fattson

Grandmaster
it has given people willing to risk their accounts EUO tree chopping the advantage while people like me who have 120LJ and not 5-7 hours a day to chop fucking trees lose out.
You're saying dedicated bowcrafters and lumberjacks have the advantage over more well rounded players who enjoy multiple aspects of the game? Yes.

Kemi'Kalz

Grandmaster
You're saying dedicated bowcrafters and lumberjacks have the advantage over more well rounded players who enjoy multiple aspects of the game? Yes.

No im saying when i go out LJing i see more EUO LJers then any real LJers,

System needs to be fixxed due to the fact its just promoting srs amounts of cheating imo.

Bilb Ono

Expert

System needs to be fixxed due to the fact its just promoting srs amounts of cheating imo.
maybe you should just buy it at a better price from people cheating to get it and not waste your time lumberjacking lol

Fattson

Grandmaster

At any random time a giant serp can come out of one of those trees and kill them if they are afk. Attended macroing is allowed. I use an attended razor macro. All I do is walk from tree to tree and the macro does the chopping for me.

Ariakan99

Grandmaster
@Fattson I use a similar macro in UOS - I just do the walking and switch my weapon out when a serpent pops up. do we have any specific information about the % chance to harvest wood based on skill level? I believe it must be a % chance calculated every time wood is harvested - as the wood locations do not seem to be fixed like mining veins.

I may try and mark locations where I receive the the rarer woods and see if I can determine if they are truly random or area based and on a re-spawn timer.

Only 115 at the moment and the drop rate for yew and up seems to be low - going to search for a 120 scroll and see if that makes a difference.

At the moment the new woods are a novelty for my - my LJ is largely used to supply my fletcher to make slayer bows for my archer. I am going to do the math on 10k logs used and see what I end up with - it may be worth it to save the time and recall around buying boards from NPC at 2gp.

10k logs = 20k boards?

Fattson

Grandmaster
It's not worth it to save the time as you really aren't going to save that much. Earlier this evening I did about 3500 total boards in I think about 40 minutes. Wasn't counting. Was being entertained in alli chat so the time went quickly.

I honestly can't stress this enough. You don't need slayers for your bard. A gm bow is fine. A gm instrument is fine. No armor is fine. I know this because it's how I do it.

Ariakan99

Grandmaster
I know - my archer bard made me enough money to build my other characters just fine with normal gear. The slayers I save for when I do a champ spawn .

Ariakan99

Grandmaster
Slayer weapons also beat even a Vanq +25 bow over the long run - as the % increase in hits is not all that high - I use exceptional slayers at champs as it seem the most effective method - they also sell very well :)

amonseti

Grandmaster
so what i have found recently is alot of trees are without wood no matter where I go in the world .. somehow everything has been harvested , and i have not seen any people actually chopping trees on my journeys , just empty trees ... ??
So I do suspect some rampant afk lumberjacking going on.
If not then the refill timer on trees is way to slow .
Also on a side note at 120LJ I have also not found any nodes better then blood wood in a very very long time , and tree snakes also seem to be spawning alot less frequently , including no longer yielding frost wood on the corpse ,,, im baffled as to why there was a need for a nerf as that is what it feels like has happened ...

@Adam, @Shane please read my suggestion i presented earlier in this thread , there really needs to be another more exciting way to harvest this wood, making use of the treefolk spawns would be great for this even if its spawns of tree folk threw out the world .
The thing about mining ore is you know where to get what you need so you don't need to spend 4+ hours doing some savagely boring shit in hopes to find what you need and very often not getting what you were looking for..

Hell even add new seeds where you can grow your own wood .
or new green thorn ability that when targeting a tree would spawn a mini tree folk champ that is very difficult to do by a solo melee template (a common lumberjacker template) but still doable non the less , no PS for reward obviously but perhaps new tools to aid the lumberjacker. all spawn from this mini champ would be harvest-able for the various woods, each spawn scales in difficulty based on the wood that can be harvested from them ... so a Frost Tree folk would be the most difficult of the tree folk , and the boss would be a Dryad (use a lady of the snow npc as the actor)

ANYTHING PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF {Insert Deity of choice here} DO SOMETHING TO SPICE THIS UP IM DYING HERE ....

baddie

Master
i agree with what most people are saying. the time it takes to cut wood, then the fractional chance to make a magic bow, and then ID'ing the bow and getting just some durability upgrade...

can you guys guess which vendor is mine? i consider it a warning for others...

rH9u6Cr.jpg

Darkarna

Grandmaster
Fortunately, I do not own a craftsman just does not go well with my play-style, however, I can also see why things are the way they are. The best should be rare otherwise their would be no best.

baddie

Master
Fortunately, I do not own a craftsman just does not go well with my play-style, however, I can also see why things are the way they are. The best should be rare otherwise their would be no best.
yea, but like other are saying, you can spend about 6-8 hours of rigorously farming wood, make over a thousand bows from rare wood, and only get one magic bow that's say, power + 10, power + 15, and most likely not even get one.

sure, i got like 4 or 5 bows that are power +0, but you can buy power +0 bows on player vendors for 999gp. same goes with just vanq. got 2 vanq + 0 out of that 1000+, but without a bonus to archery, vanq +0 are worth what... 5k? even the with the bonus from [Exceptional], that will boost the value to maybe 7-12k at MOST, anything after that and players are paying for just its color tint.

maybe it's just me (being honest), but i like bows that have accuracy because of how slow bows attack. i assumed most other archers want the same, so that they're not missing shots left and right. these bows very rarely give good skill bonus, and even when they sometimes do, they're +5 or +10 most of the time without force/power/vanq.

and like players are saying, you can spend that 6-8 hours farming 100k-450k gold depending on your speed, rather than making about 20k-40k worth of bows, and maybe one really nice bow if youre lucky.

what's funny is i don't even want the best. the best do me no good because i wouldn't even use them. i just want some good bows at least, but what we get is slightly above "decent." if that's what they're going for, i guess it works. i was just underwhelmed. getting so many bows with durability bonuses over something actually useful feels like a waste.

everything i typed will be almost totally wrong if [Exceptional]+force/power can compensate for at least a normal force/power +15/20 bow, but my guess is that it's more equivalent to power +5/10 when it comes down to dps, which is meh.

Last edited by a moderator: