New Whirlpool Sistem

The End

Master
I’m telling you. You do not need pets to do whirlpools. At all. But you do need to be better than a naked fisherman that normally fished up mibs rightly so with what they drop.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Ok yeah you'd have to get really lucky on spawn to be able to do it without pets.

It would be cool for it to be more manageable for your average fisher I agree, but I suppose that's a role meant to be filled by mibs and nets. I guess we're lucky WP's are manageable at all for players that are well-equipped.

Skye Wolfbane

Governor of Trinsic
Someone mentioned to me that WPs are "end game" and should be hard.
Is it though? Think about the loot you get at WPs. Booger cloth? Maybe an anchor but it's rare. An ingot. Maybe a ship recipe.
Think of other "end game" content...you get PSs and relics. I can do a champ, spend 30 min killing some regular mobs and maybe a get a PS..maybe a 120 taming or even a relic.
A WP...you need a 120 fisher..you need to multiclient or have a bunch of people. You spend...10-30 minutes. You need a galleon, or two. Cannon balls...upgrades. Hell, even the gold is maybe 10k. The best thing from a WP right now are the purple dragon scales.

I want more people at sea. The End has come up with a system after doing WPs for months. But that's not the average person hitting the water. Sure, it shouldn't be like hunting ettins...but it wouldn't hurt to tweak them a bit, even a small thing like making the abysmal provokable would go a long way.

Godsrage

Grandmaster
see and that how come i work on this after doing wp for all most 5 years and seen all the outer cool stuff the gm was making and doing mad me ting about the sea champ and this The
New WP system with all the cool stuff in it and made it better

Barnacle Encrusted spellbook
Barnacle Encrusted Hat
Barnacle Encrusted Robe
Barnacle Encrusted Gloves
Barnacle Encrusted Apron
Barnacle Encrusted Boots
A Dead Man's Chest (Bone Armor)
A Dead Man's Arms (Bone Armor)
A Dead Man's Legs (Bone Armor)
A Dead Man's Hands (Bone Armor)
Ship Paints
Treasure Chest (Cosmetic)
A Sunken Treasure Chest
Ring of Aves
Ancient Anchor

(( New ))
( Golden fishing pole ) ( 20 spots )( will pull up a new Osriadon

it is one use only it will give it cords were to fish at all new sea rares and Ancient MIB GM Choice and
The name of the chest Poseidon's Treasures look like fire gold or Metallic gold color it just like the Big Sunken Treasure chest but will read Poseidon's Treasure chest yes it is
trapped

( Silver fishing pole ) ( 50 spots )(will pull up a new Kraken

it is one use only it will give it cords were to fish at some new sea rares and a Ancient Net that will work like the White nets or new color nets
GM Choice and the new chest Neptune's Treasures will look fire Blue or Metallic blue color it just like the Big Sunken Treasure chest but will read Neptune's Treasure chest yes it is
trapped

( New MIB ) i will leave that for Eppy i know he been working on something new with that hope he will take to mind on a new color for the player to know it the new Mib Blue Black

( New Ship Bell ) deco

( 3 new Paintings ) to the game (one) i know of one ripped panting large (two) a medium painting of a Lighthouse GM Choice and (three) a small panting GM Choice

( A Blessed Barnacle Encrusted fishing Pole ) (work like the bent poles) it will be like the conquest pole

( Water bucket ) to clean the bodys of the boat

( Ring of Poseidon or Bracelet ) fire gold or Metallic color Gold can be Blessed by the a Jewelry Bless Deed

( Ring of Neptoon or Bracelet ) fire Blue or Metallic blue color can be Blessed by the a Jewelry Bless Deed

it is something new
now the new Items has some of the old items that still good to have in the game
all i like to do is to remove the ship items and replace with the new Items
( Remove ) Bloodwood Log
( Remove ) Frostwood Log
( Remove ) Heartwood Log
( Remove ) Ship Recipes
( Remove ) Ship Ribs
( Remove ) Forged Metal

the stuff I have remove you can fish up like the Ship Recipes that was put in to the Fishing for MIB and Nets the wood anyone can farmed for and make the Ship Ribs can be made by a 115 Carpenter Forged Metal can be made by 115 to 120 blacksmith i do know i can make at any time ( the only item that can stay is the Ancient Anchor and the Boat Paint )

Godsrage

Grandmaster
it tuck for ever to talk to the gm to do the sea champ i love what Yoar did to it i wish that keep my hand man there but it now perfect and then the Barnacle Encrusted spell-book i still have not seen one to this day now the new wp system i love to see
New Golden fishing pole 20 spots will pull up a new Osriadon or the new Silver fishing pole 50 spots will pull up a new Kraken or the new MIBs or Ring of Poseidon or Bracelet Ring of Neptoon or Bracelet or this best one of them all A Blessed Barnacle Encrusted fishing Pole i know i love to see this in are UO i know it will take for ever to push it to the gm i drove them nut for the sea champ hope that that there time look over the new stuff try it out in test yes sorry Eppy a shit load of coding i know i buy you a 12 pack and some Rum give it a chance try it out you will love it you can put the new purple serpent 2 or 4 in there it will work there tone it down a little i will be fish some of this cool stuff up

The End

Master
I solo whirlpools day in day out. One after another. They are not complicated. They don’t need to be changed. We do hundreds of them a month. Sorry if I get a little irked when ppl that never do them. Dunno if have ever had a actually successful system down to tweak and fine tune come in after trying one or two and say they are too hard. I wish more for yoars tiered system than a entire revamp. But even so. Whirlpools if done correctly are as hard as they should be to what the loot system is. And no you don’t get 10k if you finished whirlpools you would know typically you get 30-60k gold a ton of magic items. Enough scales for two to three normal srafonscake suits. Maybe a paralytic suit. Then the drops that could be crap ones or could be worth millions. I’m realky trying hard not to rant on this but y’all keep going on and on about somthing honestly you’ve no clue how to accomplish as you have not even bothered testing anything worth merit.

Godsrage

Grandmaster
right now The End you are the only one I am seen posting nothing wrong with the wp as everyone is posting there is something wrong I am get swamp with IMs and emails I here for everyone that there loving the idea and here is something wrong with the wp and some telling me there tired of all the junk there getting that there player can make now we heard your opinion and I am happy with it like all the others opinion saying it time for a change now it up to the gm and the players so The End do not dwell on it to much try to relax i have right now i trying to work out some fun stuff like a navel combat so remember it up to the GM like @Shane @eppy and @Swayze

Godsrage

Grandmaster
let try this vote for ( pet 100% Yes or No ) for the whirlpool to be tone down so the player do not need 2 to 3 and depend on the pet 100% to do a wp
and vote for the new whirlpool system Yes or No
do remember it all up to the GM they can vote for it all so

The End

Master
Yes I’ve spent months tweaking and perfecting the way I way I do then to see how minimal the amount of resources need to b used to solo them. That’s what you do on a video game. You figure it out. When we first started doing whirlpools in RiS they weren’t as easy as they are for us now we died a lot. We struggled we missed tons and tons of loot on the corpses. We bettered ourselves we figured it out. The whirlpool system was not meant to be taken down with characters and their end game items. Metadragons. Talismans and such. All you need is boats. Boats and cannonfire.put slayer armor on the fishing character. And fire away. Eppy has watched me do whirlpools. His comment was literally. Hmm cannons make this too easy. You have big ships with big guns. Use them.

The End

Master
If I get distracted and don’t fire my cannons fast enough soloing them. Yea I die. They are difficult. They are meant to be done by multiple players. By multiple boats. You don’t need water dragons and tamers. You could use regular old mages putting a bunch of demons on the boat fishing to help absorb damage. But just if the time boats will cut the mobs down so fast with chain shot upgrade the mobs don’t get to do that much. As far as the abysmals? When they spawn they are stacked. They typically stay stacked for ten seconds which at ten seconds about they will do their first fire breath. If in those ten seconds you blast them with cannonfire to get their life down they won’t get that fire breath off and won’t kill anybody.

I think the difficulty is just fine, an to skye as far as them being difficult and not pulling squat, barnacle clothing pays mills. I can solo them with a tamer but ive done tons of wp's an learned what to expect and how to deal with it.