New to this shard but not to the game

T Brackenbury

I started playing U/ltima back in the 90s before it came online. when they expanded to become Ultima Online I was amongst the first people playing during the test fase and continued playing for several years until the cost to play using real money got out of hand. people selling their accounts for hundreds of Dollars. My account had 3 castles and original Rares. I played BEfore Felluca became part of the deal where PVP came into play.. which brings me to the reason I am posting in forums. This GAME CLAIMS TO BE LIKE THE CLASSIC VERSION> So here I am TO Make it very CLEAR THIS GAME IS NOT LIKE THE CLASSIC AT ALL!! THE CLASSIC GAME WAS LOCATED IN TRAMMEL SO PLAYERS COULD TRAIN THE CHAR BEFORE GOING TO FELLUCA.. THIS GAME IS ONLY IN FELLUCA WHICH SUCKS TRYING TO TRAIN A NEW CHAR WITH OTHERS KILLING YOU AND TAKING EVERYTHING !! THIS GAME SUCKS!!

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
Sorry your experience hasn't been great, young player protection should have carried you through for the most part.. with that said you may want to look up the UO timeline and it's history...

htt p://www.uoguide.com/Timeline

Remove the space to link there...

The reality is, trammel didn't come until Renaissance, in 2000...

And I'm pretty sure UOF only claims to be based off the UOR ruleset, yet states it's Felucca knly..

DJVicious

Novice
Your post claims to say one thing, but the grammar and terms you use paint a completely contradicting story.

You say you had 3 castles and original rares worth hundreds of dollars but quit because it cost too much money... when the game cost $10-15/month... how does that make sense? People were selling their accounts/castles castles for thousands of dollars back then. So basically it sounds like you're completely and utterly full of butthurt shit.

2bl0d3.jpg

2bl0d3

T Brackenbury

Your post claims to say one thing, but the grammar and terms you use paint a completely contradicting story.

You say you had 3 castles and original rares worth hundreds of dollars but quit because it cost too much money... when the game cost $10-15/month... how does that make sense? People were selling their accounts/castles castles for thousands of dollars back then. So basIically it sounds like you're completely and utterly full of butthurt shit.

2bl0d3.jpg

2bl0d3
ever stop to think I was amongst those that SOLD MY ACCOUNT FOR 500 BUCKS. dont judge others.
Sorry your experience hasn't been great, young player protection should have carried you through for the most part.. with that said you may want to look up the UO timeline and it's history...

And I'm pretty sure UOF only claims to be based off the UOR ruleset, yet states it's Felucca knly..

T Brackenbury

these resonces are exactly what I expected. I was on the VERY FIRST TEST ONLINE GAME OF ULTIMA. Guess you missed the part that I also played the VERY FIRST ULTIMA THAT WAS NOT ONLINE BEFORE THIS ALL STARTED... I really dont appreciate strangers that DO NOT KNOW ME AT ALL TELLING ME IM FULL OF SHIT> UNLIKE MANY OF YOU I DID NOT GOOGLE ULTIMA ONLINE BUT WAS PART OF ITS BEGINNIG. Biggest reason most of THE Originals STOPPED playing was when the kids, teenagers and rude adults showed up online WITHOUT the ULTIMA ONLINE RESPECT for others. THIS IS NOT A SIMULATION GAME AGAINST MACHINES ITS A GAME WITH REAL HUMANS WITH FEELINGS THAT ARE PLAYING. Something lots of people FORGET!

T Brackenbury

Instead of asking why my experiance is not going well I get Attacked by cyber TROLLS... THE Game is ok But Has its cheaters like all games. So Here goes, I was young for 3 days Not much time to gain much skill . So Hanging around britian trying to gain skills But guess what you have your Forever Veterines hanging around the Graveyard killing NEW PLAYERS. If ANY of YOu think THat its ok for a very HIGH skilled player hanging around kiling very low skilled NEW players is ok THan This Game IS HORRIBLE! I wonder how many new players are spending more time resserecting and starting over because of these Players that target unskilled NEW PLAYERS!

DJVicious

Novice
Just because they killed you doesn't mean they're cheating. Last I checked there are about 20 different graveyards and dungeons to adventure.

And fwiw, it's because of players like you back in the early 2000's whining and crying on forum boards about getting killed, instead of trying some tactics and strategy that Trammel was born.

Thank you for that btw...

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
these resonces are exactly what I expected. I was on the VERY FIRST TEST ONLINE GAME OF ULTIMA. Guess you missed the part that I also played the VERY FIRST ULTIMA THAT WAS NOT ONLINE BEFORE THIS ALL STARTED... I really dont appreciate strangers that DO NOT KNOW ME AT ALL TELLING ME IM FULL OF SHIT> UNLIKE MANY OF YOU I DID NOT GOOGLE ULTIMA ONLINE BUT WAS PART OF ITS BEGINNIG. Biggest reason most of THE Originals STOPPED playing was when the kids, teenagers and rude adults showed up online WITHOUT the ULTIMA ONLINE RESPECT for others. THIS IS NOT A SIMULATION GAME AGAINST MACHINES ITS A GAME WITH REAL HUMANS WITH FEELINGS THAT ARE PLAYING. Something lots of people FORGET!

I understand you are upset, but if you could refrain from capital letters (which generally signifies yelling at someone), we could maybe have a conversation about this. I don't believe I told you, you were full of shit, or did anything but politely apologize for your bad experience (which you outlined in the original post, so I didn't feel you needed to elaborate), and linked you to somewhere that contained the timeline & information of Ultima Online, starting out in Felucca..

So just for fun, could you please explain to me what land mass was in Ultima Online, before August, 1997 (that's when i started playing), that wasn't Felucca? Because honestly, I'd be interested in knowing it's history before people apparently took notes?

KoldesLives

Journeyman
Welcome to UOF.

I'm not sure where you got the impression that it did, but "being one of the first few players" or playing back in a given year doesn't give any sort of credibility around here. The vast majority of players played in the mid to late 90s and early 2000s and it doesn't earn any form of 'street cred' to shout in all caps that you are a veteran. A much smaller percentage of people are brand new to UO with UOF being their first experience.

That said, UOF is fairly strongly representative to a given time frame in UO's history. Maybe not the time frame you wanted, but it is representative of a given time frame, with a lot of PvM bonus content added to keep people busy. I love it, I feel like I'm 15 again when I play the game and 6+ months in, I am just as addicted as the night I started.

Sorry to hear about any veteran players bothering you, but it's not cheating. This game is very cut throat and it's the "Wild Wild West" out here. If they are killing new players, it's likely that they're not "VERY HIGH SKILLED PLAYERS" as high skilled players typically kill other high skilled players and don't waste their time killing new folks and getting nothing out of t.

If you decide to stay here on UOF, I would recommend losing a little bit of the entitled confrontational attitude or no one is going to want to group up or guild with you for very long. What we've done in the past is nice and it has nostalgia, but this is a new day, a new age and a new server where people have to earn their reputations, the past doesn't matter. In a way that is refreshing because you can recreate yourself and 'start over' yet play something familiar. I hope you figure it out, as this shard is awesome!

Psymon

Master
I sold my characters ONLY, no houses for over 400, Any account with castles was 900-2000 bucks between 1997-2003..
Dudes full of pooh pooh.