archery 100
and med is 100
should i drop med for healing?
also how should i set up my stats?
most likely i will be fishing with buddies when they get their chars done
but solo is something i may do from time to time but not often

Dewderonomy

Grandmaster
That's up to you. That's a solid build, but depending on how you use your alt (who should also be GM+ Fishing for maximum profits), that will determine your skillset. A lot of people roll a fisher bard/mage as support, using EVs and monsters, particularly with nets and elementals. I don't think you can really screw up using that template; it's a very good build. A supporting alt may have lockpicking if you don't have a picker already (for ancient MiBs).

The REAL question is this: what will you do when pirates inevitably come upon you? If you're building a crew, you should be able to stand and fight, and will likely scare off most opportunistic killers. Those on the hunt (of which there really aren't any currently, outside the Black Wind) will take your ship on regardless (or maybe because of) more crew to kill and loot; in those situations, are you planning on fighting or fleeing? What are the builds for the rest of your crew?

The captain should always have increased survivability, with crew ready to support in close quarters (bandages) and afar (magic). This applies to dealing with deeps/leviathans/osiredons as well as pirates. If you're using archery for slayers and magery for EVs, you'll be fine for the PvM aspect; when it comes to defending your ship and your crew, you'll need to determine how you fight. Are you more of a mage? If so, drop the Anatomy and get Meditation (without Healing for bandages or Eval for defensive wrestling, your Anatomy is strictly there for 20% damage increase at GM, which isn't worth it compared to meditation for a mage-based playstyle). If you're looking at using Magery for support, then your template should be fine; just keep in mind without meditation, your ability to spam EVs is severely limited and you'll be relying on your magic more for direct heals and fields rather than summons.

Some magic is pretty much necessary on a ship, while a dedicated form of ranged combat (med/eval/mage or archery/tactics) is imperative for both PvM and PvP alike.

TL;DR: It comes down to playstyle, as well as what your crew's rolling with. Pick your poison when it comes to your favored form of combat, and adjust more to mage or dexxer accordingly.

Olivier

Master
What pirates, I've never seen these pirates, sounds to me that these pirates need to enlarge their area of patrolling!