New Server Lag Please Help!

Chappey

Adept
Ever since the server switch my ping to the server has gone up to insane heights but ONLY through the client. When I use -ping when in UO my averages are close to 200 with huge max's around 600 and sometimes 1200. I live in northern california and I can assure everybody that it isn't and issue on my end as far as internet speed and connection goes because it doesn't affect anything outside of UO whether that's xbox, netflix streaming, nor do I have any issues on speedtest while running UO. When I ping the ip listed as the new host through cmd, I receive what seems to be very normal averages in the mid 80s with 0 spikes. My brother lives about 20 minutes south of me and hasn't been affected by the server swap as I have. I am perplexed as to what the issue could be as I have completely uninstalled and reinstalled uoforever from scratch. I made the 600x800 ratio even though my computer is more than fit to handle running this ancient game considering I have played wow on full res. Anybody have any suggestions as what the issue could be? My brother and I compared where our internet routes take us and there is only a one tower difference but as I said I only have the ping issue in client. When straight lining right next to him in game I hit huge spikes and he pulls away with ease. Never had an issue like this. Let me know if anybody has a clue to what is causing my ping issue.

De Medici

Grandmaster

I have the same problem, I have a 100 Mbit flat with fastpath and tunnel to NY (livin in Germany). I ping New York with 90 and have average ingame ping of 200-800, so i cant play PVP its really frustrating and I have the problem only with the UO Forever Shard. I have excellet pings at all other Games and so on, anybody an idea what the prob could be?

Derwolf

Grandmaster
i ping the server and i get a flat 110 but my in game is choppy and i ping 180-400. Dual clienting is a no go,same with pvp at the moment. Going to have to make the jump to sallos in the mean time for smoother game play. i'd recommend doing the same and still using razor or uos to macro characters.

Mindfall

Expert
I also agree.

I am in Australia. Everything was fine before the server switch. Now its really really bad to the point of not being able to PVP. Throwing pots and chasing after people is impossible. No point playing anymore :/

Bromista

Grandmaster
I hit 2000 last night, a new personal record.

It's getting worse before it gets better.

I got killed by a rare tamable like four times last night. Couldn't even tame shit without getting owned by lag. Tracking for RDAs was a fucking chore.

crazy-horse

Master
Many years ago I had a discussion with a network engineer where I was working. What I learned...
Internet lag is there, it exists and cannot be fixed. It can only be moved. You call your ISP complaining about lag, and actually get them to "fix" it... its not fixed, just moved from you to the next guy. It will probably make the cycle and you'll get it again.
There are also occasional disgruntled people who think is fun to ruin others' good times (PKs?) and start massive data blasts at some weak Internet router... causing a Denial of Service attack. In my time at my place, I would say we averaged 2 or 3 a year that the engineers bothered telling us about. Best thing you can do is do alot of Traceroutes and see if you can identify the spot where your lag is coming from... and hopefullty find someone who is willing to fix it.. or move it.