New Players no longer new after 80 skill

hoodfigure

Master
Makes sense, less veteran players abusing GM everything instantly and killing trammel style. I mean I've seen guys killing lich lords/paragons etc without a worry in the world. Who needs Item Bless Deed when you can make a young account and have a character bless deed.

Savaroth

Apprentice
It only last a little and the people that are abusing this obviously are struggling in the game anyways so let the noobs farm the little gold... they will be noob once again when it wears off

hubcap

Grandmaster
It only last a little and the people that are abusing this obviously are struggling in the game anyways so let the noobs farm the little gold... they will be noob once again when it wears off

agreed. no sense an making an already new player deal with MORE reds. i think new players already have enough to worry about.....
I DO like the idea of losing the [YOUNG] status after a said duration of time. To keep people from staying "perma-young."
Not sure if this is in place already, but, honestly, true new players already have their hands full with the 99% of reds that know nothing more than how to grief someone.

Let them get their gold, too.

halygon

Grandmaster
I think at this point those that have been abusing the young status learned real quick that their old tricks no longer work. *mysterious*

Luxvero

Journeyman
Nope.

Mass attacks. Mobs attack them now.

lol almost met up with a guy to take him to sacrifice GY, he would have hated the place

i hope young dungeon is still no auto-aggro, and that it contains more than 3 lich and 2 mummies from when i was young,

SidX

Grandmaster
I noticed you can also snoop Youngs now, when you couldn't before. I didn't try stealing, though.

THANKS!
I snooped a young once on my thief but have never been able to do it since. I forget where it was so maybe it's based on location (i.e. only allowed in dungeons)? I'll have to check and follow up.

tader

Expert
New player status right now only means you keep your stuff when you die and mobs cannot poison you. Players can now attack you, all mobs aggro even in the newbie dungeon. I am unsure of stealing but I doubt you can since young player status is just all items are blessed. Allowing hostile acts from other players might be taking it too far but that's just imo. The again watching 4 players from lolz drop the same young player twice might be influencing that opinion.

Vorax

Grandmaster
New player status right now only means you keep your stuff when you die and mobs cannot poison you. Players can now attack you, all mobs aggro even in the newbie dungeon. I am unsure of stealing but I doubt you can since young player status is just all items are blessed. Allowing hostile acts from other players might be taking it too far but that's just imo. The again watching 4 players from lolz drop the same young player twice might be influencing that opinion.
You can indeed steal from young players.

Luxvero

Journeyman
Not too far, if a young is getting in your way you should be able to kill them.

they keeping items already lets them experience the risk of dungeons, what would be nice is if the (Young) in name wouldn't appear, so they could be targetted by pks, the pk obviously would know that its a young when there's nothing on the corpse, but the newcomers would really experience it.

Thaoden

Journeyman
Well here is something i kind of dislike, at the Provo table a "Young" player was leading liches in to kill everyone, So i do the honorable thing and bring my red in to handle the issue, of course i kill him then 60 seconds of frozen and insta reveal on hide lead me to being killed by a rotting corpse. of course i was ressed cut my own head so as to not have it stolen but yea that i think is abusing your item blesses.

agauo

Master
Should also make it if a young player is an aggressor they are able to lose any items they have on death.

halygon

Grandmaster
Well here is something i kind of dislike, at the Provo table a "Young" player was leading liches in to kill everyone, So i do the honorable thing and bring my red in to handle the issue, of course i kill him then 60 seconds of frozen and insta reveal on hide lead me to being killed by a rotting corpse. of course i was ressed cut my own head so as to not have it stolen but yea that i think is abusing your item blesses.
Honestly though, any player can lead mobs into a place that afkers are at -- this is not really a young player issue but an afk one.

Thaoden

Journeyman
The problem is that when I kill someone who is pulling a dick move I am frozen for 60 seconds not that they pull the mobs in.