New player. What Launcher should i use?

Bromista

Grandmaster
No sallos is shit for macroing, it's a PvP optimized client shouldn't use it for skilling or crafting. Steam is psuedo-EasyUO assistant program everyone uses to automate shit. You can do some really slick shit with it. Not for purists.

In-game time varies. You can figure on about an hr per pt gained, give or take. It's a grind but it's well worth it, and it's also significantly easier than it was back in the day. Especially with the dungeon bonus.

I did my 2nd tamer in about 30 hrs but I was able to chain tame for myself with my first tamer so that got me through the slow spots super fast. I had a couple multi-pt hours even in the 90's...that's a feat that likely hasn't been duplicated since lol.

a timber wolf

Apprentice
No sallos is shit for macroing, it's a PvP optimized client shouldn't use it for skilling or crafting. Steam is psuedo-EasyUO assistant program everyone uses to automate shit. You can do some really slick shit with it. Not for purists.

In-game time varies. You can figure on about an hr per pt gained, give or take. It's a grind but it's well worth it, and it's also significantly easier than it was back in the day. Especially with the dungeon bonus.

I did my 2nd tamer in about 30 hrs but I was able to chain tame for myself with my first tamer so that got me through the slow spots super fast. I had a couple multi-pt hours even in the 90's...that's a feat that likely hasn't been duplicated since lol.
Wow an hour for a single point??? I think I remember GMing taming in just a couple sittings back in the day. I also set it to show skill ups in the interval of 0.1. Should I not do that?

Bromista

Grandmaster
No you should, .1 is the way to go.

A pt an hr average. You'll start out with multi-pt hrs and you'll have some shit hours in there.

a timber wolf

Apprentice
No you should, .1 is the way to go.

A pt an hr average. You'll start out with multi-pt hrs and you'll have some shit hours in there.
Alright. Thanks for all the help man. Can you give me a good tamer template to strive for? Including str dex and int? It's been so long and I never played Pre AOS so I'm supposing it's a bit different. Also, is there a guide that shows at what taming skill o can tame certain creatures, for instance drakes and nightmares?

Bromista

Grandmaster
The stratics guide is accurate. Gotta sort thought a lot of shit we don't have here.

Str 100 Dex 25 Int 100

Ditch lore until you actually need to control pets. Tames auto follow so you can drag np. Use those skill pts for magery related skills.

a timber wolf

Apprentice
The stratics guide is accurate. Gotta sort thought a lot of shit we don't have here.

Str 100 Dex 25 Int 100

Ditch lore until you actually need to control pets. Tames auto follow so you can drag np. Use those skill pts for magery related skills.
What is the reason for keeping animal Lore at Zero until i GM taming?

Bromista

Grandmaster
More skill points for skills that you will actually use. Hiding, eval, resist, wrestle.... skills that you may not have room for otherwise.

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
If you're new to UO? There's no question about this, absolutely use razor.
It has the most friendly user interface for new players.

As you get into the game, learn more about it, then move onto UO STEAM, then after awhile or if someone wants to show you the ropes with Sallos, use that after awhile.

Just starting out though? Razor all the way.

Deadpool

Grandmaster
This is bad that I'm the one that has to say this, but, @EvilAcid, you're a fucking terrible person.

Oh, and also, don't street race against Needles!

a timber wolf

Apprentice
I used a razor once, but it doesn't mix well with parkinsons.
If you're new to UO? There's no question about this, absolutely use razor.
It has the most friendly user interface for new players.

As you get into the game, learn more about it, then move onto UO STEAM, then after awhile or if someone wants to show you the ropes with Sallos, use that after awhile.

Just starting out though? Razor all the way.
I played up from age 14 to 18 in the mid 2000s so I'm not new to the game. I'm looking for which launcher will allow me to level taming as fast as possible without scripting AFK. I'm a U.S. Army vet going to school full time and balancing two jobs, so I want to be efficient in game leveling my skills up. I know once I can GM taming I'll be able to hold my own and make my way in the game. Til then it's an uphill battle. I'd kill for a runebook with some runes to key locations.

Lithium149

Grandmaster
I played up from age 14 to 18 in the mid 2000s so I'm not new to the game. I'm looking for which launcher will allow me to level taming as fast as possible without scripting AFK. I'm a U.S. Army vet going to school full time and balancing two jobs, so I want to be efficient in game leveling my skills up. I know once I can GM taming I'll be able to hold my own and make my way in the game. Til then it's an uphill battle. I'd kill for a runebook with some runes to key locations.

One thing I find about UO is if your given everything on a silver platter then your gonna get bored quick. I like to earn everything on my own and that's what keeps the game exciting for me!

a timber wolf

Apprentice
One thing I find about UO is if your given everything on a silver platter then your gonna get bored quick. I like to earn everything on my own and that's what keeps the game exciting for me!
I agree. But being a veteran of the game, not having a rune book to get me around is a little disheartening. I put in the grind years ago. More than willing to do it again, but obviously it's pretty annoying.

Lithium149

Grandmaster
I agree. But being a veteran of the game, not having a rune book to get me around is a little disheartening. I put in the grind years ago. More than willing to do it again, but obviously it's pretty annoying.

1. Buy a runebook for 400-500 GP.
2. Use Moonglow Moongate & Head West(ish).
3. Locate Rune Library.
4. Mark areas of Importance, few towns/banks/dungeons.

Voila all done by yourself, just find that Moonglow rune library and your set, don't even have to mark the runes but I find that more convenient.