New Inscription Ability - Recycle

Amalgam

Journeyman
probably not even water, just make kindling from the carpentry? menu then use that for blank scrolls.

Can logs/boards be converted to kindling? This should be added to the menu, if not. Kindling could also be the failed result of converting logs into boards! (I believe there should be a carpentry skill-check when performing this action). Perhaps kindling could also be obtained by using a bladed weapon on a log...

I suppose, for sake of simplicity, you could do without water... but if we're talking about making blank scrolls it really should be a two-part process including the addition (or proximity) of water.

Also, what about hides or pieces of leather converted to parchment? This might also be viable.

Trojandrew

Grandmaster
I suppose, for sake of simplicity, you could do without water... but if we're talking about making blank scrolls it really should be a two-part process including the addition (or proximity) of water.

Also, what about hides or pieces of leather converted to parchment? This might also be viable.
gotta think of all the coding that has to be put in for this tho. Just make that option like the blacksmith, copy the code over and redo the number from bs to inscription, put the table in the crafting area. and boom blank scrolls. and just having a table near the crafting fountain should be enough to keep it semi lore (and scientifically) relevent.

Amalgam

Journeyman
gotta think of all the coding that has to be put in for this tho. Just make that option like the blacksmith, copy the code over and redo the number from bs to inscription, put the table in the crafting area. and boom blank scrolls. and just having a table near the crafting fountain should be enough to keep it semi lore (and scientifically) relevent.

Oh I totally disregard the time taken to code! It gets to the point where a suggestion is simply not viable because of the calculated man-hours required - even if it is a perfectly good suggestion. I would hate to think that the sort of suggestion we're throwing around is not viable, considering. But it probably isn't. I would also hate to think that this fact might discourage people from making suggestions. It shouldn't. I won't let the time taken to code a change discourage me! But yeah, thinking of all the coding that has to be but in... I would probably go for using a pitcher of water on a piece of kindling to obtain a blank scroll.... lol

Crafting blank scrolls, etc. This is the sort of suggestion that would be best implemented on a hardcore server at birth, intentionally rooted with a ground-level economy, and geared towards long-term economic integrity and longevity. I would state that this small part, alone, could underpin a much larger part of a huge, entirely player-driven economy, if only it were integrated early.

Li Meiyang

Grandmaster
That's a good point, this is getting too elaborate. One thing that would work is to simply have a machine that requires wood that when used produces scrolls. Then take either take scrolls off the scribes or raise the price on them, and next thing you'll know we'll have ppl lumberjacking and cranking out scrolls like mad. They will become another commodity that fluctuates in price along with supply and demand. This would also be great for newbies wanting to safely earn some gold.