New Inscription Ability - Recycle

Trojandrew

Grandmaster
Basically its the same as smelting. Recycle would just turn 2 normal scrolls into a blank scroll or a book into 8 blank scrolls. (basically returns 1/2 the cost or whatever the equivalent that smelting does)

You'd think after 20 years in game, they would have the magic to erase a few words :p

Fattson

Grandmaster
i agree with this.

can you not steal them? or do you not want to steal them? (dont have a theif so dont know)
Well the books aren't stealable. Wanted to make a point that resources always should be. As much as I hate thieves, they're part of the game

Trojandrew

Grandmaster
im trying to see how much it weighs in skype to confirm if its a weight thing since im not at home right now to double check
(well to confirm on the books atleast)

Elizabeth Gold

Grandmaster
Preservation of mass... bwhahahahaa!!! We have ourselves 'science'-believer here guys! Whats next? Sosaria a sphere?! LOL, you are a silly person. Everybody knows science is just a theory.

Trojandrew

Grandmaster
I would argue against you, but as i can craft a katana for both 5 and 6 ingots, as well as summoning a purple llama to fight a shadow dragon i cannot dispute your claims.

i would however like to know how much a book weights.

Amalgam

Journeyman
Making blank scrolls craftable is a good example of the sort of thing I hope to see from UO Forever.

It is a simple and straightforward suggestion. It makes logical sense, and could allow for a greater responsibility of the playerbase for the availability of blank scrolls.

How would they be crafted? Kindling + Water?

and even if they couldn't be crafted, I love the idea of recycling just due to the fact you get so many when killing caster mobs and from Tmaps. I know most of the time I don't even bother looting these because you can't even sell them to vendors, at least none I have found. It would bring some use to these unwanted scrolls.

Li Meiyang

Grandmaster
Making blank scrolls craftable is a good example of the sort of thing I hope to see from UO Forever.

It is a simple and straightforward suggestion. It makes logical sense, and could allow for a greater responsibility of the playerbase for the availability of blank scrolls.

How would they be crafted? Kindling + Water?

Wood needs to be pulverized with water into pulp, then pressed and dried. A machine or two is order for this one.

Trojandrew

Grandmaster
Wood needs to be pulverized with water into pulp, then pressed and dried. A machine or two is order for this one.
just keep a table at the crafting area near the pond. same use as the forge and anvils tables.
then we can see if theives like the scribes or the blacksmiths better lol