Nerf Tamers

halygon

Grandmaster
I have to agree with Dark.
I started a tamer, and haven't made it out of the 50's yet.
I just keep him to res my stuff, when an accident befalls me.
It IS hard to GM taming here.. no one will dispute that, but it is not impossible nor does it take forever. It just takes A LOT of spare time. It also takes the know how to tame the correct spawn at the correct level for best gains. Check out rune libraries for 0-GM taming guides (rune books).

As far as nerfing tamers go... IDK if it should be done, but I can tell you that using the excuse that because its hard to GM the skill does not mean that once GM'd that you should have the keys to the kingdom (as they say). Its hard to do, but you get cool mounts that sell for big $$ if acquired. You get pets like dragons, mares, WWs, and young dragons that rock champ spawns and make big money just farming.

IMO, taming has been put too high on a pedestal and attention needs to be given to other portions of the game (lets excude fishing here because it is in the same boat as taming).

What I can also say about taming is that pets gain skill waaaaay too fast here.. so fast in fact that having a 7x pet is commonplace. Every pet should not be this powerful, but they are here on UOF.