Needing some advice....

tbbucs40

Apprentice
I'm looking for some advice from ya'll and here's what I'm trying to do....

I'm looking to take up a crafting skill to make some money and/or use it for my personal stuff.

I'm not really sure what would be the best crafting skill. Could I make a character with multiple crafting skills? If so, what would be the best skill to start with? I know that crafting clothes could be profitable, and I also know that crafting weapons and armor could also bring in the gold, but which would be the best to start with? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Hope to hear from some of you professionals out there with your expert opinions.

Thanks in advanced.

Kith kannen

Master
I am not a crafter but I will tell you this as a consumer...there aren't NEAR enough keg vendors to keep up with demand more than half the time I'm shopping all the "full kegs" vemdors are empty....I would imagine if you kept stoked all the time you could probably over charge a decent amount and still sell a crapload.

tbbucs40

Apprentice
I am not a crafter but I will tell you this as a consumer...there aren't NEAR enough keg vendors to keep up with demand more than half the time I'm shopping all the "full kegs" vemdors are empty....I would imagine if you kept stoked all the time you could probably over charge a decent amount and still sell a crapload.

I also noticed the same thing. Thank you for your input, and I'll definitely keep your input in mind when making my decision. Na zdrowie(that means cheers in Polish)

Im not so sure about the keg vendor thing. I have a vendor selling inscription and alchemy wares. My inscription wares outsell my alchemy wares 10-1 at least. The only kegs I ever seem to restock are total refresh. Alchemy is a big PvP skill on this shard, so I'm sure there are a TON of alchemists out there.

As for smiths and tailors, the real money is in the BODs and their rewards. They are also nice to have to support your other characters with armor and weapons.

Carpentry and fletching can be profitable, but they are not as lucrative as some of the others. Carpentry heavily relies on other crafting skills, such as blacksmithy and tailoring while fletching is more of a stand alone skill. I wouldn't pick up fletching unless you have an archer you use alot.

Tinkering is almost a must have for any crafter. It allows you to craft your own tools, among other things. I don't think golems are on this shard, but they are a nice addition for tinkers if they are. Also they are a lockpickers best friend.

Best advice for you is to look at your other characters and decide from their. What do YOU want. Have a dexer? Start a smith. Have a mage? Start a tailor. Want to deco your house? Make a carpenter. You get the idea.

A basic crafter template would be something as follows.

100 tinker
100 mining
100 blacksmithy
100 carpentry
100 lumberjacking (you can use another character if you have it here)
100 bowcraft/fletching
100 tailor or 100 hiding

Or

100 alchemy
100 inscribe
100 tailor
100 carpentry
100 magery (you can make mage deco with carpentry)
75 eval
75 med
50 music (can make gm instruments with 100 carp)

Babethoven

Grandmaster
ingots bro, just sell 5gp less than everyone else you'll have the whole shard buying from you 5gp as in certain type of ingots not regular ones

ingots bro, just sell 5gp less than everyone else you'll have the whole shard buying from you 5gp as in certain type of ingots not regular ones
He's right. Mining can definately be the most lucrative skill on the server. It's also probably the most boring way to play this game. If you are like me, you will burn out fast.

tbbucs40

Apprentice
Im not so sure about the keg vendor thing. I have a vendor selling inscription and alchemy wares. My inscription wares outsell my alchemy wares 10-1 at least. The only kegs I ever seem to restock are total refresh. Alchemy is a big PvP skill on this shard, so I'm sure there are a TON of alchemists out there.

As for smiths and tailors, the real money is in the BODs and their rewards. They are also nice to have to support your other characters with armor and weapons.

Carpentry and fletching can be profitable, but they are not as lucrative as some of the others. Carpentry heavily relies on other crafting skills, such as blacksmithy and tailoring while fletching is more of a stand alone skill. I wouldn't pick up fletching unless you have an archer you use alot.

Tinkering is almost a must have for any crafter. It allows you to craft your own tools, among other things. I don't think golems are on this shard, but they are a nice addition for tinkers if they are. Also they are a lockpickers best friend.

Best advice for you is to look at your other characters and decide from their. What do YOU want. Have a dexer? Start a smith. Have a mage? Start a tailor. Want to deco your house? Make a carpenter. You get the idea.

A basic crafter template would be something as follows.

100 tinker
100 mining
100 blacksmithy
100 carpentry
100 lumberjacking (you can use another character if you have it here)
100 bowcraft/fletching
100 tailor or 100 hiding

Or

100 alchemy
100 inscribe
100 tailor
100 carpentry
100 magery (you can make mage deco with carpentry)
75 eval
75 med
50 music (can make gm instruments with 100 carp)

Thanks for the reply, but my question is why would I want Eval and Med or Hiding on a crafter?

Well, you cant fit every crafting skill onto a crafter. You can drop the eval for something else, but it comes in handy if you need to fight of a gargoyle while mining or whatever.

Med to me is always useful on a mage and inscription uses mana as well as resources. So without med, you will lose a lot of time for training/making money.

I put hiding on the first one because it has no fighting skills whatsoever. You can mine hidden, you can craft hidden, ect. I have hiding on my crafter and I cant tell you how many times it has saved my life or resources (pks and thieves.)