Most people have a red character...

I keep seeing people say this. Is this accurate? Am I the freak here?

I've played UO off and on since...I guess early '98. I've only had one red character in that time, and that was here and it was temporary.

So, how many don't have red characters?

SteelSexi

Master
If I could use my skill with a pickaxe to put it in someones head..

and

If I could use my saw in a similar manner to what jigsaw from the "Saw" movies did...

and

If I could use my sewing kit to sew the victims mouth closed so I wouldn't have to hear their whines and screams during all of this...

and

If I could use my smiths hammer on ingots made of human bone...

and

If I was evil instead of nice...

...Then perhaps I'd have a red.

Instead I offer my wares to hopefully prevent 'you' from winding up dead.

- RAWR! -

I have never been red. Well once in real life when i stayed out on the lake too long on a hot summers day, but I don't think that counts. :cool:

kurtis

Grandmaster
Without some kind of statistic from the GM's, I doubt that question can be properly answered. I've been less active lately, but I always have at least 2 reds.

I think the logic for most people is this: those who like to PvP enjoy having a PK to drum up action when things are slow (even if they aren't grief Pk'ers). Also, if someone is hassling one of your chars, taking a spawn you want, camping an IDOC, or whatever, you have a char that you don't mind taking multiple counts on. And full loot PK'ing is rare in games these days. It's fun to engage in a part of felucca-only servers that make UO unique.

That's my logic at least.

Kael

Master
I would think most people have at least one red or at least chars on their accounts that are maybe one count away from going red

halygon

Grandmaster
Having a character turn murderer is something that everyone who plays UO should try at one time or another. It's quite exhilarating to walk into town like you own the place and be surrounded by blues who could gank you at any moment's notice. Even if you die doing it, its worth the trouble.