Most efficient way to...

Darktrix

Expert
GM Animal taming.

Does anyone have a specific path of animals to take?

Also do you gain from failed tames too? IE if i punched way over my weight say with a polar bear and continually failed on him would i still gain taming skill from the faield attempts?

I used to go straight to the ice isle with 50 animal taming on previous server. Is this wise?

Thank you in advance

Darktrix

Bryce

Adept
Yes, you can gain from failed attempts. This is actually one of the best means of gaining.

Without question, the fastest way is to put music/peacemaking on your character.

If you can find a friend (two works even better) to tame with, start with scorpions. When you tame something, release it, then let your friend tame it, and so on. Can only work 3 times. Each time a pet is tamed, then released, it increases the difficulty in which it can be tamed again. This leads to even faster gains due to increased difficult/failures.. After you and your buds have tamed it the 3rd time, kill it and allow for respawn. Shouldn't take any longer than 12 hours to get to at least 84 real skill solo, so even faster w/ a group.

Darktrix

Expert
Yes, you can fail from failed attempts. This is actually one of the best means of gaining.

Without question, the fastest way is to put music/peacemaking on your character.

If you can find a friend (two works even better) to tame with, start with scorpions. When you tame something, release it, then let your friend tame it, and so on. Can only work 3 times. Each time a pet is tamed, then released, it increases the difficulty in which it can be tamed again. This leads to even faster gains due to increased difficult/failures.. After you and your buds have tamed it the 3rd time, kill it and allow for respawn. Shouldn't take any longer than 12 hours to get to at least 84 real skill solo, so even faster w/ a group.

Thank you. Where is the best place to find scorpions here?

Once at 84 do you move onto bulls?

looking forward to trying this out when i get home!

Are all the taming skill requirements the same as osi here?