Most efficient way to get new BODs

edw3rdwood

Grandmaster
My question is about the process of selling items to the vendor to trigger the BOD offer. I find that it takes about 30 items sold before an offer is made, so I usually buy the cheapest thing in the shop then sell it back. Is this how it works? Or is there a chance for an offer every single time the trade window closes, meaning I could just sell 1 item, close out, sell 1 more, close out, etc.

Worried about wasting gold buying in bulk as I have been, or also if there are any other tips towards this annoying and random part of the process

Dwyane Wade

Grandmaster
You have to actually complete the transaction to get offered a BOD. So yeah, the way you're doing it is pretty much the fastest way :(

I buy/sell sewing kits for tailor BOD's and ingots for smith BOD's

edw3rdwood

Grandmaster
If I sell 29 ingots in one stack, does that count as 1 item or as 29? Just wondering cause I'm iffy on the UI in this game when sometimes it separates items in the sell window and sometimes it stacks them.

TheFallen

Grandmaster
Your wasting 28 ingots that way. 1 at a time. You have a chance for a Bod every time you complete a sale. 1g or 100000g makes no difference.

Ddlywhisper

Expert
Umm for the smith I make a dagger and sell it then make another and sell in and so on... I usually only have to make less than 10 to get my BOD. Same with tailoring-- make a skullcap and sell it etc...

84brian

Grandmaster
I think it's quicker if u just buy a tongs or sewing kits and sell one by one. Do u actually make a profit making daggers or other stuff? Just curious. = )

Riverwind

Novice
Tailoring - sewing kits
Smithing - Armor and Weapons I don't want from Treasure Chests. Or i make tongs, they only take 1 ingot and sell for 7 gold instead of selling 1 ingot for 2 gold.

Casor

Adept
How do you know when a BOD is available?

Does it show up in the context menu? or do you have to say something to the npc?

Ddlywhisper

Expert
I think it's quicker if u just buy a tongs or sewing kits and sell one by one. Do u actually make a profit making daggers or other stuff? Just curious. = )

Yeah, its not a lot but I do make some gold from every BOD run...Seems to be easier this way tbh

Ddlywhisper

Expert
How do you know when a BOD is available?

Does it show up in the context menu? or do you have to say something to the npc?

You can check if you have one available by checking their context menu.. the vendor will have one that says Bulk Order Info click on it and it will tell you if its time or not.

Tynder

Master
Make sure you aren't checking a blacksmith guild master. For some reason they don't give out bods. The npc should be so and so the blacksmith or weapon master.